ADVERTISEMENT

Wow! IU recruit wishes he never visited Minnesota - edited title

You Purdue people are like the fox news of fan boards. Its not like your program have exactly been squeaky clean like you want to believe. Painter still allegedly banging that cheerleader, or did his wife just divorce him over something else? Funny how the Ryan Cline thing got swept under the rug by you guys. Of course if he woulda been at another Big school, you clown would play Judge, Jury, and executioner. Oh and why were on it your boy Selwynn Lymon from the tiller days was a real piece of work, i live in ft.wayne i've so people here know all about him. I'll give Tiller credit though, somehow kept that gangbanger quiet

You Purdue people are like the fox news of fan boards. Its not like your program have exactly been squeaky clean like you want to believe. Painter still allegedly banging that cheerleader, or did his wife just divorce him over something else? Funny how the Ryan Cline thing got swept under the rug by you guys. Of course if he woulda been at another Big school, you clown would play Judge, Jury, and executioner. Oh and why were on it your boy Selwynn Lymon from the tiller days was a real piece of work, i live in ft.wayne i've so people here know all about him. I'll give Tiller credit though, somehow kept that gangbanger quiet
IU much worse.

Serious question: If Cline was at IU, what would his punishment have been in your opinion?

Depends on if he got some help. The circumstances are concerning given the prescription bottle etc. no one passes out from weed. Also the fact that he lied about it and apparently his parents were ok with it...

HMP only got two weeks for a DUI and IMO that was not acceptable. This was certainly worse.

What does Painter and a possible cheerleader have to do with a clean program? Both programs have had their issues over the years. This is obviously a very significant situation and I'm guessing if this guy had signed with Purdue, you'd be having a field day with it.

He ain't coming. Never was going to be allowed in. I said this this morning on the other site.

Things could be worse. There are
He ain't coming. Never was going to be allowed in. I said this this morning on the other site.

I like the Uncle Rico photo.

I've been giving this a bit of thought and I am kind of doing a 180. On the Minnesota site there are posts that this girl is a Minnesota cheerleader. There is a claim that there was earlier copy of the police report posted where they had missed redacting cheerleader in one spot. Okay so a 17 year old had someone set him up to have sex with a co-ed - possible a cheerleader. Scandalous. Present that opportunity to a typical high school senior and what is the result going to be. The salacious part is that the Minnesota football player "host" filmed part of it on his cell phone. Again, so do you punish the kid for that?

He was not smoking pot. He wasn't doing heroin or cocaine. He was probably guilty of underage drinking. But he did not pick his host. He did not pick the party. He did not even pick the girl. He exercised bad judgement. But he did not do anything violent. He did not hit anyone. He was not drinking and driving. And he left before the incident morphed into something more disturbing.

I thought the "press conference" was in bad taste. But I can see a kid being nervous because the word is getting out and he is having his scholarships pulled. I understand that Iowa State and Nebraska had already said they were no longer interested. So the hats on the table stunt was a charade. I can see him wanting to commit in a public manner and make it look like he has options, hoping that the dirty laundry would not aired.

The Hoosiers have had players that used drugs, drove drunk, hit their girlfriends.... and they stayed on the team. This kid is got laid and for that he is possibly losing his scholarship opportunities.

Last edited:
Things could be worse. There are

I like the Uncle Rico photo.

I've been giving this a bit of thought and I am kind of doing a 180. On the Minnesota site there are posts that this girl is a Minnesota cheerleader. There is a claim that there was earlier copy of the police report posted where they had missed redacting cheerleader in one spot. Okay so a 17 year old had someone set him up to have sex with a co-ed - possible a cheerleader. Scandalous. Present that opportunity to a typical high school senior and what is the result going to be. The salacious part is that the Minnesota football player "host" filmed part of it on his cell phone. Again, so do you punish the kid for that?

He was not smoking pot. He wasn't doing heroin or cocaine. He was probably guilty of underage drinking. Hut he did not pick his host. He did not pick the party. He did not even pick the girl. He exercised bad judgement. But he did not do anything violent. He did not hit anyone. He was not drinking and driving. And he left before the incident morphed into something more disturbing.

I thought the "press conference" was in bad taste. But I can see a kid being nervous because the word is getting out and he is having his scholarships pulled. I understand that Iowa State and Nebraska had already said they were no longer interested. So the hats on the table stunt was a charade. I can he him wanting to commit in a public manner and make it look like he has options, hoping that the dirty laundry would not aired.

The Hoosiers have had players that used drugs, drove drunk, hit their girlfriends.... and they stayed on the team. This kid is got laid and for that he is possibly losing his scholarship opportunities.

This entire discussion is speculation but I suspect yours is a likely take on what happened. Jwboiler had one earlier as well. Certainly not ideal but not the end of the world either. True character will be revealed if and when he wears a uniform for about a year ( in and out of season) if a kid is trouble, he will find it. If the kid learned something from this near miss...great.

Reactions: Monday QB
This entire discussion is speculation but I suspect yours is a likely take on what happened. Jwboiler had one earlier as well. Certainly not ideal but not the end of the world either. True character will be revealed if and when he wears a uniform for about a year ( in and out of season) if a kid is trouble, he will find it. If the kid learned something from this near miss...great.
I can exonerate that alleged sexual predator in two posts.

And he was shown the door, Cline ??

Nice comparison.

Next you'll compare Bade being bad and breaking a door at a bar to Allen just playing Breaking Bad
well you did have that LB in the tiller era that wasnt exactly squeaky clean that raped a girl, and you took robert marve in from the U and gave him a second chance. But yes you guys are the squeaky clean virgin like program

CTE is truly awful. IU should be extremely sympathetic if recent reports are to be believed.

CTE is truly awful. IU should be extremely sympathetic if recent reports are to be believed.

It seems like you have a hard time even acknowledging the "alleged" sexual misconduct by players on your own team? You still wont answer the question if they were dismissed or if they are still on the team. it is pretty much the exact same situation except for the allegations of pot smoking.

well you did have that LB in the tiller era that wasnt exactly squeaky clean that raped a girl, and you took robert marve in from the U and gave him a second chance. But yes you guys are the squeaky clean virgin like program

Was Marve convicted or charged with a crime?

At least as bad, but are you really splitting hairs over what offense is worse ? One was given the boot, the other prepares for his next game.

I don't think Cline's warranted being booted off the team. I do believe if he messes up again he should be gone though.

Nice comparison.

Next you'll compare Bade being bad and breaking a door at a bar to Allen just playing Breaking Bad
Want to talk about Kyle Williams ? Listen , you guys are far from having a clean house (don't you currently have like 4 suspended for a gang bang.), so don't come over here and pretend to be on the high ground, it's laughable.

Reactions: 10yrProject
is this recruit in jail yet? the court of purdue opinion says he is I get it. Not saying the kid is a boy scout or should ever be at IU, but I get so sick and tired of you clowns casting judgement on everybody and everything acting like your school is above it all. And yes its basketball but the Cline thing was no big deal but that happens at another school, you would want him tar and feathered. Wonder how much Brohm has learned from that slimeball Petrino, I guess you guys will know soon enough

Reactions: 10yrProject
I do think that yes. Do you think most coaches would've booted him?

I don't think most coaches would have noted him for the incident as long as he got help. The thing that would have gotten him booted from some teams was that he lied about it and his parents were ok with that.

I don't think most coaches would have noted him for the incident as long as he got help. The thing that would have gotten him booted from some teams was that he lied about it and his parents were ok with that.

Yeah I don't agree with that second part. Should've been up front about it.

He does not show up as being committed to IU - on this site or rivals.com.

If that is the case, I hope the schools that offered him provide a roadmap for him to resurrect his situation. And I hope Minnesota gets nailed big time.

Last edited:
I have heard CTA didn't accept his commitment at this point. Bad move for the kid trying to power through his acceptance before we had a chance to evaluate his entire situation. His mistake has made him radioactive

I have heard CTA didn't accept his commitment at this point. Bad move for the kid trying to power through his acceptance before we had a chance to evaluate his entire situation. His mistake has made him radioactive

I would have hoped that his parents would have contacted the Indiana coaching staff, explained their side of the story, and then asked for advice.

Reactions: Monday QB
I would have hoped that his parents would have contacted the Indiana coaching staff, explained their side of the story, and then asked for advice.

They were too busy hiring and MC and opening act for the press conference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT