ADVERTISEMENT

Would Randy Wittman want to be a full-time assistant?

Hey genius, it doesn’t take a genius to see he doesn’t have what it takes to coach at this level.

Woodson would have been at the HPER 12 years before I was born.
Well I guess we'll see at the end of all of this.

So can we settle a few things BEFORE we learn whether Wittman is the next assistant?

1. Would Wittman be considered for this job if he hadn't played at IU?
2. Would Wittman be an upgrade in recruiting prowess over Dane Fife?

So can we settle a few things BEFORE we learn whether Wittman is the next assistant?

1. Would Wittman be considered for this job if he hadn't played at IU?
2. Would Wittman be an upgrade in recruiting prowess over Dane Fife?
1. Why wouldn't he be? He has nearly 30 years of coaching experience in the NBA, several as a head coach. The fact that he went to IU is an added bonus. How anyone could think a guy with his coaching resume could somehow be a negative is beyond me.

2. Tough to say. I think Wittman would be a more X's and O's, in-game/prep type of coach. Sounds like Fife's recruiting was in a tailspin so not sure it could be worse.

1. Why wouldn't he be? He has nearly 30 years of coaching experience in the NBA, several as a head coach. The fact that he went to IU is an added bonus. How anyone could think a guy with his coaching resume could somehow be a negative is beyond me.

2. Tough to say. I think Wittman would be a more X's and O's, in-game/prep type of coach. Sounds like Fife's recruiting was in a tailspin so not sure it could be worse.
1. Gotcha. I heard a lot of people say that some IU fans were only upset that Fife got fired because he played at IU - instead of his decades of experience playing and coaching the college game.

2. Understood.

Well, I guess I am assuming that Wittman's basketball IQ is better than that. I think 17 year old kids would take note of a former NBA player and coach meeting with him and his parents.
The staff already has that in spades. No need for another one.

If the rumor is true that it’s Brian Walsh, that’s exactly the type of guy it should be.

From the Washington Post, 2016.

"Randy Wittman isn’t hip. He isn’t young, or modern, or cutting-edge. He often seemed suspicious of innovation; his most famous expression was a pained grimace; and he appeared to enjoy media sessions about as much as vegetarians enjoy steakhouses. He was, in other words, what you might expect from a Bobby Knight protege.​
But he also wound up being something I never would have predicted: one of the longest-tenured and most successful coaches in Wizards history."​
Full story:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT