ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Coaching I've Ever Seen!

Indiana_1993

Redshirt
Nov 23, 2015
We have them down by 7 and their crowd is ready to go home. The players have their heads down and they are shooting threes. What does our coach do? He subs out our starting five and lets them back into the game!

Un.Freaking.Believable!

Hands down, it's the worst coaching I've ever seen.

With 5.5 seconds left, they bring the ball up the court, and GC fouls with 3.3 seconds to go. What does our coach do? He leaves GC in the game to guard the shooter. Why didn't he put X back in the game to guard the shooter? Uh, because his mental acuity is slipping, and he didn't think about it?

Geez, this is hard to watch. Ware has barely touched the ball. MR wants the ball but we're too busy shooting threes!

I don't post a lot here but I read everything. I often get frustrated with people who don't give coach credit, but this game is a freaking disaster!

It's time to go get a gummy and watch the second half...

We have them down by 7 and their crowd is ready to go home. The players have their heads down and they are shooting threes. What does our coach do? He subs out our starting five and lets them back into the game!

Un.Freaking.Believable!

With 5.5 seconds left, they bring the ball up the court, and GC fouls with 3.3 seconds to go. What does our coach do? He leaves GC in the game to guard the shooter. Why didn't he put X back in the game to guard the shooter? Uh, because his mental acuity is slipping, and he didn't think about it?

Geez, this is hard to watch. Ware has barely touched the ball. MR wants the ball but we're too busy shooting threes!

I don't post a lot here but I read everything. I often get frustrated with people who don't give coach credit, but this game is a freaking disaster!

I was yelling out, "How long we gonna stay on 20 pts?"

Lucky shot to end the half, that was 10 feet from the 3-pt line. But the preceeding 19:57 of the half was a disaster.

Glass half-full perspective: IU literally can't play much worse and they're only down 3 on the road. The 2nd half HAS to be better, right?

I still think they win this game...

Glass half-full perspective: IU literally can't play much worse and they're only down 3 on the road. The 2nd half HAS to be better, right?

We’ll either win by a very small margin, or lose by at least 15. This team doesn’t do small losses.

3/12 free throws. When I was at IU my roommates were bb managers. They got back from a game at 4am and RMK made them shoot free throws for 2 hours because they shot like 65% that night.

We have no fire, we look lost mentally, IU is in a state of total dysfunction. This is an embarrassment to the legacy and history of IU basketball. This may be worse than Archie ball.

3/12 free throws. When I was at IU my roommates were bb managers. They got back from a game at 4am and RMK made them shoot free throws for 2 hours because they shot like 65% that night.
Seems like Ware has been pretty reliable but not tonight. Even Mgbako missed one and he’s automatic. Even the one Mgbako made bounced around on the rim first.

Game's not over yet. It sure would help if they at least stopped completely missing the rim on 3-pt attempts, though. MM's last 3 helped a lot in that regard...;)

Coaching isn’t perfect, but inexplicable turnovers and wide open misses are the bigger part of the story here. Also, X’s erratic behavior doesn’t help.

Reactions: ams66
Once again, the lack of fundamental basketball caused IU to defeat themselves; coaching, plain and simple. Coach Woodson can't shoot the ball for them but he sure as hell can teach them how to pass a basketball to their own teammates. Blocking out under the basket must be taught; it is not a given at the college level. Love Mbako but even AA basketball players know they cannot grab an opponent at the waist from behind . . . and yet, he stays on the floor. Woodson should suspend X for a few games for that intentional low blow; there is no place for that behavior in any sport. I'm obviously posting out of frustration tonight but long time IU fans know good disciplined, fundamental basketball when we see it and This Isn't It !!!

Un.Freaking.Believable!

A few million dollars does not get you what it use to.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Nonsense all of you, extend Woodson's contract. He has brought back that proud IU tradition! Afterall don't you know he was an NBA coach! Geez
Well like the NBA maybe he's expecting to have urgency in April.

I watched a great game! Warsaw beat Penn in overtime. Lots of great sets, adjustments, and some big shots on both sides.

Reactions: kkott

Un.Freaking.Believable!

Not X, who should be -BETTER BE- kicked off the team, Gunn is longer and would have been the better option against an expected 3.

Reactions: Indiana_1993
This is the exact opposite of what IU basketball should be. I’m done. Ive been giving excuse after excuse but this season is inexcusable.
I am sure almost everyone on this board would love a team of low recruit scrappers that give their all - and dove and fought and lived and died with every play but just aren’t quite talented enough to challenge for a B10 title or anything of the sort, but u bet ur ass you’d be in for a brawl every game

If IU had played anything but awful, my prediction would've been good.

Rutgers actually played horrible. Just horrible.

They shot poorly from the field (32%) and three (23%) and had 15 turnovers. That tells how badly IU played. Yikes!

I don't know who in the B1G we beat with a performance like that...

Reactions: Scangg

Un.Freaking.Believable!

I remember when Fife and Matta were on the bench. Oh how the stage was set for the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT