ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Coaching I've Ever Seen!

After watching Woodson’s press conference it’s obvious he will not accept responsibility for the stupid decisions and play of his squad. He will not admit any mistakes on his part. That is why nothing is going to change. Question was “what is wrong with our free throw shooting?” Woodson “ you just have to step up and make them”. Correct answer practice, practice, practice. Do it when you’re tired, do it while teammates are scrimmaging, do it before practicing. Question “why remove all the starters simultaneously and allow the opponent to get back in the game?” Answer “I don’t have to explain it to you or anyone else.” That’s arrogance.

NEBRASKA vs #1 Purdue, has put up as many points (51) in 25 minutes, as the Hoosiers did in 35.

It's bad enough that we can't shoot, but to be soooo stupid as to fail to compensate with aggressive rebounding is just..... argggggghh.

We are a dumb, lethargic and undisciplined team.

I remember when Fife and Matta were on the bench. Oh how the stage was set for the future.
Woodson, Matta, Fife…IU’s triumvirate. It was deemed a brilliant move by Dolson, a match made in heaven, a coup, if you will. The experience of Matta to teach Woodson the nuances of the college game until he found his comfort zone, while Fife, who trained under the tutelage of both Knight and Izzo, would mastermind the defense he played so well in college. The following season, both were gone and today Woodson sits next to guys we know practically nothing about. How does IU basketball continue to go so wrong?

Woodson, Matta, Fife…IU’s triumvirate. It was deemed a brilliant move by Dolson, a match made in heaven, a coup, if you will. The experience of Matta to teach Woodson the nuances of the college game until he found his comfort zone, while Fife, who trained under the tutelage of both Knight and Izzo, would mastermind the defense he played so well in college. The following season, both were gone and today Woodson sits next to guys we know practically nothing about. How does IU basketball continue to go so wrong?
Well who has the major influence on hiring and extending these brilliant basketball coaches. The AD, Board of Trustees, college presidents? Here is an idea, hire an AD who actually played competitive football or basketball. Screw the BOT.

3/12 free throws. When I was at IU my roommates were bb managers. They got back from a game at 4am and RMK made them shoot free throws for 2 hours because they shot like 65% that night.
Now if that happened, a group of clueless students would be outside protesting & holding signs saying "This is wrong".

• Sad
Reactions: demunn and BigMobe
Oh we know why, just cant say it on here.

We have them down by 7 and their crowd is ready to go home. The players have their heads down and they are shooting threes. What does our coach do? He subs out our starting five and lets them back into the game!

Un.Freaking.Believable!

Hands down, it's the worst coaching I've ever seen.

With 5.5 seconds left, they bring the ball up the court, and GC fouls with 3.3 seconds to go. What does our coach do? He leaves GC in the game to guard the shooter. Why didn't he put X back in the game to guard the shooter? Uh, because his mental acuity is slipping, and he didn't think about it?

Geez, this is hard to watch. Ware has barely touched the ball. MR wants the ball but we're too busy shooting threes!

I don't post a lot here but I read everything. I often get frustrated with people who don't give coach credit, but this game is a freaking disaster!

It's time to go get a gummy and watch the second half...
But just Saturday we were being told how great of a coach he was because of one win at home.

Reactions: Indiana_1993
This is the exact opposite of what IU basketball should be. I’m done. Ive been giving excuse after excuse but this season is inexcusable.
I am sure almost everyone on this board would love a team of low recruit scrappers that give their all - and dove and fought and lived and died with every play but just aren’t quite talented enough to challenge for a B10 title or anything of the sort, but u bet ur ass you’d be in for a brawl every game

When they parted with Fife (and Matta too) they created this ulitmate result.

Reactions: Indiana_1993
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT