ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Beer...

Keystone Light > Bud light
Keystone Light is essentially Coors Light but cheaper and can buy in the 30 pack which makes it almost magical.
I distinctly remember "splurging" for Red Dog cuz it was 5% ABV. I just looked it up and it's still around. $12.99/case. I don't remember it being terrible but I'm certain it was.

Natty Ice, Bud Ice (all the ICES) were popular but Natty was always a 30 pack and dirt cheap.

Bud Light is piss.
Keystone Light is cold piss.

Edit: ICEHOUSE was the beer i was trying to remember. Red dog and Icehouse. Legends.

Edit #2: Holy Shit - Icehouse is $9.99 a case

Last edited:
I worked the member desk at the Baxter YMCA some through school, mainly for free workout time maybe to chat up MILFs before the term existed, but one of the things I had to do was oversee lost and found. I coined a term then, that I think applies here: "That's like saying you are the best looking shirt in the lost and found!" Congrats!
I prefer “Top of the turd pile”

Reactions: kkott
early 2000's CVS used to sell 30 racks of a beer called "Classic" and "Classic Light" that was made my Milwaukee Brewing. We would it buy it for our parties and sell it for $0.25/can

it was so bad you couldn't even shotgun it without wanting to puke

early 2000's CVS used to sell 30 racks of a beer called "Classic" and "Classic Light" that was made my Milwaukee Brewing. We would it buy it for our parties and sell it for $0.25/can

it was so bad you couldn't even shotgun it without wanting to puke

I think City Brewing is a contract brewer that brews to the brand’s label and specs. I think they are a scale-up shop for the many Wisconsin craft Breweries that cannot keep up with demand when a particular brew blows up and those cute kettles in the public shop cannot keep up. So you may have been just as happy with another of their productions as you were disappointed with the lower rep brands. Remember they don’t own the brand nor the profits…just putting in time. As based on some visits to LaCrosse in the past few years. I didn’t invest much in time or money in corroborating what I learned in LaCrosso beyond local chatter with nearby craft brewers.

F*cking rich kids. I mean…you’re not Lowebrau rich
If I were rich then, I would have had a car in the parking lot too and wouldn’t have bummed rides to and from Bloomington. Just wasn’t a PBR or Bud fan. There were some Lowenbrau fans then.

(BTW — Summer job wages paid for those brews).

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott and larsIU
Little Kings was my HS go to beer. I bought some for our 25th and none of us would drink the second one. Lots of excited faces turned to brave ones after that first swig. Everyone finished it, but I had the rest in my garage until my son and some of his buddies swiped it. They all lived.

Oh and Malt Duck for the ladies.

Reactions: Shadesof Crimson
Little Kings was the beer of my youth. The 7 ounce bottles. We were lightweights and the 7's were small enough that they didn't get warm while we grannied our way through them. (And you did not want them to get warm.) For years I thought that skunky flavor was what beer was supposed to taste like, as opposed to light damage with the green bottles.

For years I thought that skunky flavor was what beer was supposed to taste like, as opposed to light damage with the green bottles.
That was Molson for me. LKs were always in the cardboard case. Molsons would be in that uncovered 6 pack. Tuesday nights were 10 cent wings and 50 cent Molson at buffalouies. Thought they must have been getting a deal on some special Molson beer, because it didn't taste like that out of the bottles.

That was Molson for me. LKs were always in the cardboard case. Molsons would be in that uncovered 6 pack. Tuesday nights were 10 cent wings and 50 cent Molson at buffalouies. Thought they must have been getting a deal on some special Molson beer, because it didn't taste like that out of the bottles.
Perhaps on tap, fresh from the brewery… beer doesn’t age well.

LaBatt’s Blue was the other Canadian offering commonly availabel.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
Hank hit the nail on the head. Light skunks beer. It's a photo reaction with the hop compounds formed in the boil kettle.

Green bottles don't filter out the offending spectrum like an amber/brown bottle does.
Correct … Clear Miller bottles always came in a covered carton.

Ahhh Buffalouies. I remember being able to smell the Three Mile Island wings as soon as they entered the dorm floor my freshman year. If I ate that shit today I’d have to call off work for a week.

"Family pack"

pabst-99-hed-500x281.jpg

Pabst survived Prohibition selling cheese sauce in the depression… it’s a heritage throwback.
They sold their cheese business to Kraft afterward.

Stroh Canada is an interesting evidence of the unending consolidation of brewers.
All that’s going on in Europe and perusing this thread makes me remember I have never consumed a bad tasting German beer. This the only case I can support for state influence (German purity laws tradition) in private business.

I have imported many German beers into my body and they all tasted good… the only ones that tasted poorly were the ones I exported from my body.

Nearly every German bier is superb. There is only one Im definitely avoiding, and its their smoked beer. (Schlenkerle?? Im too lazy to look up the spelling/brand….). I actually powered through most of one bottle, and the smoke flavor seemed to subside at bit towards the end. It tasted like someone tipped a couple dashes of liquid smoke into the bottle, and I just couldn’t hang with it. Never again.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Nearly every German bier is superb. There is only one Im definitely avoiding, and its their smoked beer. (Schlenkerle?? Im too lazy to look up the spelling/brand….). I actually powered through most of one bottle, and the smoke flavor seemed to subside at bit towards the end. It tasted like someone tipped a couple dashes of liquid smoke into the bottle, and I just couldn’t hang with it. Never again.
The style is Rauchbier. I can't do it either.

Reactions: Cortez88
I ever had it from Dare Devil, who does really solid Germans. It was undrinkable.
I tried a sampler of theirs at the hall on 86th. Same result.

The bartender did a great job of convincing me that it was going to be different than all the rest. She was wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT