ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Beer...

"Family pack"

pabst-99-hed-500x281.jpg
My first 6-pack was PBR, not sure it may as well been the last 6-pack of PBR.

Reactions: kkott
My first 6-pack was PBR, not sure it may as well been the last 6-pack of PBR.
I honestly feel like the taste of PBR has changed over the years. When I was a teen in the 80's I thought it was awful tasting, although I could drink it if it were very cold... or free. I've had it several times with it's resurgence and don't find it nearly as objectionable. Now, maybe my taste buds have been butchered over the years, but I swear it's way better now.

That was Molson for me. LKs were always in the cardboard case. Molsons would be in that uncovered 6 pack. Tuesday nights were 10 cent wings and 50 cent Molson at buffalouies. Thought they must have been getting a deal on some special Molson beer, because it didn't taste like that out of the bottles.
Anyone remember a Mexican place called Pancho Villas on Walnut? Hung out there in the mid 80s. Free chips and salsa (the chips were in a big plastic trash can and we often helped ourselves, and during happy hour (which I think was every night, but maybe only Mondays) they had that classic Mexican brew Molson Golden in pitchers for $2.50. Many a night we paid for those pitchers all in change and ate free chips and salsa. They also had a half-priced menu entree each night and the entire menu half-priced on Sundays. Watched the '85 NC game there: 'Nova v Gtown. Great game and memories.

Anyone remember a Mexican place called Pancho Villas on Walnut? Hung out there in the mid 80s. Free chips and salsa (the chips were in a big plastic trash can and we often helped ourselves, and during happy hour (which I think was every night, but maybe only Mondays) they had that classic Mexican brew Molson Golden in pitchers for $2.50. Many a night we paid for those pitchers all in change and ate free chips and salsa. They also had a half-priced menu entree each night and the entire menu half-priced on Sundays. Watched the '85 NC game there: 'Nova v Gtown. Great game and memories.
yeah. We would walk down there from the Knolls. About 100yds north of 17th, if I'm remembering correctly.

All that’s going on in Europe and perusing this thread makes me remember I have never consumed a bad tasting German beer. This the only case I can support for state influence (German purity laws tradition) in private business.
Every little burgh has it's own beer...always a variation of water, hops, and barley...the only legal ingredients....in Austria...
They all tasted about the same. We told each one that their's was the best...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT