ADVERTISEMENT

Woodward (and Drudge) unload on Trump

if Trump was telling all of this to Woodward then how is it thatFauci, Birx, Pense and all sat there for months without saying anything with regard to the major disconnect between the president's knowledge and what he was telling the public. How is this not treasonous?
First, no one is claiming these people were present when Woodward interviewed Trump, so you're full of crap -- really full of crap -- to even suggest (as you did) that they knew "for months" what Trump said to Woodward.

Second, they did make plenty of statements to inform the public of the truth about Covid, even contradicting Trump's bullshit. in response, Trump (and Fox minions), Pence and Barbie ignored, insulted and belittled them publicly every day. Weren't you awake when this happened?

Listen, you can never prove a point to critical thinkers by arguing "if this happened then why didn't this other thing happen." That's what you tried to do. You failed because you never established the truth of both parts of your argument.

Reactions: Circlejoe
In his own words he said he played it down. And yet here you still are ....

Playing it down came from scores of directions. Was that a mistake? I dunno. I can see reasons for for playing it down. I remember talking with people in the second week of February (at the time Trump talked to Woodward) that we will probably have to cancel our spring trips. We were optimistic about the summer. Not even the scientists knew the scope of the thing in early February, I don't think there was any reason to be an alarmist. But there are always Monday morning quarterbacks.

to make it sound like he shut it down completely or something

If you thought that you were a dumbass. Anybody who paid attention and had two brain cells knew you can't ban citizens or legal residents from coming home. Don't know about the rest of the loopholes but I can guess they have to do with the high tech industry and other business travelers who likely hate Trump anyway.

That’s true. He couldn’t ban all. But those who were banned were banned.
Thank you for admitting that, but the rest of your post is just being evasive,

Trump never said he "banned" SOME of the travel from China. He said he "banned" travel from China, which is a blatant lie that you are still defending. That's not even a nuance.

If you're really a lawyer in Colorado, you're subject to ethical rules. Have you ever made such deceptive arguments in your court filings? I was under the impression that lawyers got sanctioned for using half truths in arguments. You must have trouble compartmentalizing your ethics like that.

Thank you for admitting that, but the rest of your post is just being evasive,

Trump never said he "banned" SOME of the travel from China. He said he "banned" travel from China, which is a blatant lie that you are still defending. That's not even a nuance.

If you're really a lawyer in Colorado, you're subject to ethical rules. Have you ever made such deceptive arguments in your court filings? I was under the impression that lawyers got sanctioned for using half truths in arguments. You must have trouble compartmentalizing your ethics like that.

You want to talk about lawyering?

This is like the hearsay rule. Hearsay is not admissible evidence.

Then the rule contains a number of exceptions.

Playing it down came from scores of directions. Was that a mistake? I dunno. I can see reasons for for playing it down. I remember talking with people in the second week of February (at the time Trump talked to Woodward) that we will probably have to cancel our spring trips. We were optimistic about the summer. Not even the scientists knew the scope of the thing in early February, I don't think there was any reason to be an alarmist. But there are always Monday morning quarterbacks.

So, not lying = alarmist?
How low you have sunk, even in my time on this board.

Good lord. According to Woodward, Trump was first advised of the seriousness of Covid on January 28. Within a day he appointed the task force and banned travel; for which the Democrats and Biden said he overacted.
Now that you are all up to speed on January, can we discuss February and the first half of March, when the world was in full scale"ramp up mode" and some others here were whining about a Democratic hoax and a nothing flu that would magically disappear

yeah. The bigger problem may be the drowing-out of the targeted narrative with little time before the election. The constant gush of new revelations puts the administration on the defensive and prevents them from defining the news cycle on topics of their own choosing. They are not defining the news cycle...it's being defined for them...and in the most damaging possible framework. With ballots going out as we speak, an October counter-surprise may prove too little too late.

To me, the Coats stuff is the most damning. He is about as calm and dispassionate as a pol can get and he couldn't shake the feeling that Putin had kompramat on Trump. Some people will try to make him and Mattis out to be crazy, secret libs, but they are what Republicans used to look like.

Now that you are all up to speed on January, can we discuss February and the first half of March, when the world was in full scale"ramp up mode" and some others here were whining about a Democratic hoax and a nothing flu that would magically disappear

Maybe the world was in full scale ramp up mode; but New York and California weren't.

You guys are wasting your time. It's over. From God himself

Early on, in say late February, Trump faced a tough choice. Tough decision being exaggerated by facing a re-election bid.

Trump's needs a good economy to boost his re-election chances. Given this, he rolls the dice and downplays the pandemic in hopes that keeping the economy as open as possible will somehow work out.

Last edited:
But, but, but . . . that he knew COVID was serious just shows how SMART he is. Who could have foreseen that?

He HAD to lie to the rest of us because we're too dumb to see just how serious it was at the time.
Rush got the medal of freedom and told us the coronavirus is just the common cold at about the same time as the Trump interview.

Watching just the first 15 minutes of the news . 4 major stories on Trump, any one of which would have taken ANY other president down: lying about Covid, which is closing in on 200,000 deaths, talking disdainfully about our troops, a new whistleblower talking about more Russia intel he was told to hide and to downplay right wing violence, and DOJ taking over his rape case. If he’s innocent why doesn’t he clear himself? Anyone who can still support this man is morally bankrupt.

Playing it down came from scores of directions. Was that a mistake? I dunno.

You don't know! You don't know!? Hell yes, it was a mistake. About 190,000 mistakes.

Anybody who paid attention and had two brain cells knew you can't ban citizens or legal residents from coming home.

How about putting them in quarantine when they arrive? Does that take more than two brain cells?

Perhaps, but we are "hearing" what Trump is "saying".

On tape. To Bob Woodward. That is so stupid it should be impeachable.

All I can figure is that you are campaigning for the position of presidential press secretary.

Watching just the first 15 minutes of the news . 4 major stories on Trump, any one of which would have taken ANY other president down: lying about Covid, which is closing in on 200,000 deaths, talking disdainfully about our troops, a new whistleblower talking about more Russia intel he was told to hide and to downplay right wing violence, and DOJ taking over his rape case. If he’s innocent why doesn’t he clear himself? Anyone who can still support this man is morally bankrupt.
problem is most of his people don't watch the news, his ignorant ass supporters get news from conspiracy sites etc and have been convinced real news is fake. his supporters on this forum seem to be semi intelligent people they are the ones that scare me, I've often wondered how could a hitler ever come to power, unfortunately i now understand it.

Reactions: IU_Hickory and IU73

Then the rule contains a number of exceptions.

So are you saying a suspect's taped confession can't be used in a trial?

Not a lawyer, just asking. May have watched to many cop shows.

So are you saying a suspect's taped confession can't be used in a trial?

Not a lawyer, just asking. May have watched to many cop shows.
It's even stupider than that. For the purposes of a legal analogy, what we're talking about here isn't a taped confession, it's security camera footage of the actual murder. Hearsay isn't even a relevant point of comparison. CO only threw that out there to deflect away from the fact that he couldn't answer the question about ethics without undergoing the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

pubes answer this, when trump urged everyone to attend easter services with the knowledge he had at the time, was he putting his personal interest above the lives of the citizens?

Early on, in say late February, Trump faced a tough choice. Tough decision being exaggerated by facing a re-election bid.

Trump's needs a good economy to boost his re-election chances. Given this, he rolls the dice and downplays the pandemic in hopes that keeping the economy as open as possible will somehow work out.
stupid, the choice was simple , and if he wasn't a lying piece of shit he would have won in a landslide, what he did would be similar to a army invading and being told not to worry about it

Maybe the world was in full scale ramp up mode; but New York and California weren't.

Tell me what you know about what California was doing the first half of March. And please do tell Is this another thing you heard about at your local CVS? It similarly sounds like you don't know what you are talking about.

Reactions: sglowrider
That’s true. He couldn’t ban all. But those who were banned were banned.

New York/East Coast's spread came from Europe. Or did Trump forget that the US has two coasts?

Bottom line is Trump's decisions/choices has led to thousands of unnecessary deaths. He has blood on his hands whether he thinks so or not.
He has killed more people than the 19 saudis on 9/11.

Last edited:
Why weren’t we testing people at airports like other countries did? 40 of my girls came back from Europe, many from Italy. Not a single one was tested. Several ended up having it.

Exactly. Like Trump said, Obama never had testing for Covid. That’s probably the root cause right there. 😂

We have been short of protective gear since this started. When did the government ramp up purchasing of such gear? We knew it was going to be worse that Trump let on. When did they call manufacturers and buy as much PPE as the feds could get?

As to Trump not trying to spread fear. The Battle of Imjin on River in the Korean War, was China's second big offensive. They smashed the UN front with massive attacks. The American commanders asked the Britsish Commander of the 1st Gloster how they were doing. The British commander in typical British stoicism said they were in a sticky situation.

The 8th Army commanders knew the whole line was sticky, so said to hang tight. What the British commander knew was that his unit was being surrounded by massed formations and totally lacked supplies. While Americans worked to relieve other units, the Glosters ran totally out of ammo. Out of 600 men, 59 died and over 500 would be POWs.

That is why one follows Churchill's "we will fight them on the beach's" leadership and not Hitler's "we have secret weapons so no worries".

Reactions: Zizkov
Once again, notice how many WC frequent users are absent in this thread.

If you thought that you were a dumbass. Anybody who paid attention and had two brain cells knew you can't ban citizens or legal residents from coming home. Don't know about the rest of the loopholes but I can guess they have to do with the high tech industry and other business travelers who likely hate Trump anyway.

^^^triggered^^^

New York/East Coast's spread came from Europe. Or did Trump forget that the US has two coasts?

Bottom line is Trump's decisions/choices has led to thousands of unnecessary deaths. He has blood on his hands whether he thinks so or not.
He has killed more people than the 19 saudis on 9/11.
Of course he knows it has two coasts: Mexico and China.

So two states with extra large cities with large international airports and large populations had the most cases. What else ya got, wonderboy?

Was this really a surprise to you, or do you feel really cool when you point out the obvious?

Of note: New York was crappy, no argument here, but California was actually pretty good. They shut things down early, and were pushing masks from early on. Considering they are the highest population in the country, they did a proportionally good job. Up through May, almost 75% of their cases were all from the LA area. They relaxed though, and 4th of July hit. From there things skyrocketed.

Of note: New York was crappy, no argument here, but California was actually pretty good. They shut things down early, and were pushing masks from early on. Considering they are the highest population in the country, they did a proportionally good job. Up through May, almost 75% of their cases were all from the LA area. They relaxed though, and 4th of July hit. From there things skyrocketed.

San Francisco also did pretty well in particular. But wingnuts yesterday were "BUT PELOSI!"

Trump told Woodward that we had weapons systems no one knows about, not even Putin and Xi. Any thoughts about that?

It turns out narcissism and conspiracy theories are related, narcissists love the idea they know things no one else does. Is that not why he would tell Woodward about these unknown systems?

It has to give pause as to what he told Putin in the meeting Trump wanted without his staff.

Trump told Woodward that we had weapons systems no one knows about, not even Putin and Xi. Any thoughts about that?

It turns out narcissism and conspiracy theories are related, narcissists love the idea they know things no one else does. Is that not why he would tell Woodward about these unknown systems?

It has to give pause as to what he told Putin in the meeting Trump wanted without his staff.

If Kim can play him so obviously, a pro like Putin would learn all sorts of intel..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT