ADVERTISEMENT

Wilson's coaching decisions were really positive in the win

GatorProf

Benchwarmer
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2002
Locksley is admittedly a miserable head coach and made some questionable strategic moves. But CKW should be credited for making some key calls that helped turn the game in IU's favor. The onside kick helped build momentum (and was perfectly executed). CKW forced the refs to acknowledge the tipped ball that would negate a pass interference penalty. Also noticed that when Cobbs dropped what might have been a long TD pass, CKW simply encouraged him on the sideline. And so on.

Only saw CKW blow a gasket with one of the O-line penalties in the red zone. But my point is that CKW is largely composed on the sideline and has developed the demeanor of a head coach. I think he's grown into this position, and I hope that IU keeps him for a long time.

One last thought. The postgame implosion of OSU's prima donna players reminded me that nothing like that has been expressed publicly during CKW's tenure at IU--even through all of the tough times and heartbreaking losses. Not saying that CKW is a better coach than Urban, obviously. But I'm grateful for the team we have and will rooting like heck for a Bucket for what should be a very tough rivalry game on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News