ADVERTISEMENT

Will A Coaching Change Really Make A Difference ?

Yeah right. Montana and Montana state has better facilities. You’ve been conditioned to think like this. Our football facilities are at the bottom of the B1G. Easily lower than just about every P5 and some group of 5.
Our facilities are weak in one key area and once Mellencamp is renovated or replaced we will be fine.

Our facilities are weak in one key area and once Mellencamp is renovated or replaced we will be fine.
The stadium experience areas. The shared weight area. The excellence academy. The nutrition table. All shared by other sports. The football team needs its own areas. To me that’s not normal anymore. I know they have plans for the concession and bathroom areas etc…but IU athletics hasn’t done anything football only. IMHO they need to do quite a bit.

The stadium experience areas. The shared weight area. The excellence academy. The nutrition table. All shared by other sports. The football team needs its own areas. To me that’s not normal anymore. I know they have plans for the concession and bathroom areas etc…but IU athletics hasn’t done anything football only. IMHO they need to do quite a bit.
The weight room is not shared , the Excellence Academy is an innovative program designed by IU so shared is irrelevant, dining areas are fine.

Reactions: midwolfe
The weight room is not shared , the Excellence Academy is an innovative program designed by IU so shared is irrelevant, dining areas are fine.
It’s a bandaid. A practice facility is not the only thing. We’ve been conditioned to accept that. Nothing they do is for football.

Reactions: vesuvius13
It’s a bandaid. A practice facility is not the only thing. We’ve been conditioned to accept that. Nothing they do is for football.

Did you read the thread where potential coaches were listed by the Athletic?
I don't know who that is and their level of knowledge but they listed IU's facilities are a major plus!

Reactions: red hornet
I don't know who that is and their level of knowledge but they listed IU's facilities are a major plus!
lol. We are at the bottom of the big ten. I think Minnesota is the only one below us.

Just a reminder what Northwestern’s practice facility looks like. Indiana is so behind.

Ryan_Fieldhouse_Walsh_ABI_010-(low).jpg
Ryan_Fieldhouse_Walsh_ABI_037-(low).jpg

I'm optimistic.

It's going to be like the Detroit Lions when Sheila Hamp took over from the 'leadership' that had let them suck for most of 60 years.
She did nothing except, apparently, care that they stop sucking. They are a decent mid-tier level now. I expect they can stay a mid level franchise at a minimum.

Whitten is going to be our new non-fossilized leadership. All she has do do is care. And IU will stop sucking.

That all I ask as a fan. Just don't totally suck as a program. So far the AD hasn't been able to move us off that low low bar of just not totally sucking.

I think they can do it Not Dolson. Whitten. (I am not as down on Dolson as I seem lately. Hopefully he's solid.)
See my post I made this morning from an ex player stating the prez doesn't seem to care about the. problems with the football team "figure it out on your own" sounds like problems.

The reason about what the Prez and AD did was a way to get rid of coach Allen, it was sneaky. Now they are all in with coach Cignetti along with the BOT and donors.

Reactions: red hornet
Aren't they owned by the New York Times ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT