ADVERTISEMENT

Will Wade

I believe he’s had a fair shake. It doesn’t take 6 years for a great coach. This year will be a disaster and he doesn’t deserve a year 4. This level is above his abilities.

Again, you would have fired half the good coaches in the world. I’m still guessing you were born after IU’s last title. Absolutely no sense for what IU was, is, can be. And no real interest in game. Your only participation in the program is typing “disaster” a couple dozens times a day and then beating your chest...on an anonymous internet forum. Lol. Take comfort in knowing that douche baggery often goes away as we get older...

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
1. He looks the part. This is a subjective observation, but my instincts tell me that he is highly disciplined which is a prerequisite for coaching success.
2. He says the right things. His interviews are intelligible, and he is consistent with his expectations.
3. He had success at Dayton. He did need a few years to get his team together, but he was able to sustain success when he did.
4. He comes from a basketball family. Say what you want about Sean and Calipari cheating, but they both know how to coach basketball.
5. He has upside. The guy is forty years old. He is just now entering his prime. The worst mistake we could make is not putting him to the test to see if he has what it takes to win big. It doesn’t take six years to learn this about him, but it definitely takes longer that two.
He looks like a fool.

And the whole “he comes from a coaching family” argument is a negative imo. That’s why he got the jobs he got to begin with. Not because he deserved them. He’s been riding Sean’s coat tails for a while now.

Again, you would have fired half the good coaches in the world. I’m still guessing you were born after IU’s last title. Absolutely no sense for what IU was, is, can be. And no real interest in game. Your only participation in the program is typing “disaster” a couple dozens times a day and then beating your chest...on an anonymous internet forum. Lol. Take comfort in knowing that douche baggery often goes away as we get older...
You’re lost man. You think I joined this site when I was 5? I can assure you I have food in my refrigerator that’s older than you sport.

RMK was lightning in a bottle. Everything was right, theman, the times , the talent pool in Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio that fit his plan. That will never happen again anywhere . Archie isn't going to do what he did but IU isnt getting anyone that can and this year may very well show us the future one way or the other. I think Langford hindered progress last year. Everyone knew it was one yr and I think it was a lot of the trouble. RMK succeeded with great college players that rarely did much in the pros

He looks like a fool.

And the whole “he comes from a coaching family” argument is a negative imo. That’s why he got the jobs he got to begin with. Not because he deserved them. He’s been riding Sean’s coat tails for a while now.
You said two things. The first, “He looks like a fool.” We will just have to disagree on this since it is subjective. The second thing you said, “riding Sean’s coat tails.” It’s a fair idea to consider, but what of his success at Dayton?

Reminder:
1st Year: 20-13 / 5th in conference / no tourney
2nd Year: 17-14 / 11th in conference / no tourney
3rd Year: 26-11 / 5th in conference / Elite Eight
4 Year: 27-9 / 2nd in conference / Rnd of 32
5th Year: 25-9 / 1st in conference / Rnd of 64
6th Year: 24-8 / 1st in conference/ Rnd of 64

You said two things. The first, “He looks like a fool.” We will just have to disagree on this since it is subjective. The second thing you said, “riding Sean’s coat tails.” It’s a fair idea to consider, but what of his success at Dayton?

Reminder:

Reminder:
Mike Davis at Tex Sou won 82% of his conference games, and never finished worse than 2nd in conference...making the real postseason 4 times and the NIT 1 time...which I know some Archie Apologists consider the postseason, but i still prefer to separate the NIT from the real postseason tourney.

Stats can often say whatever you want them to...

Mike Davis at Tex Sou won 82% of his conference games, and never finished worse than 2nd in conference...making the real postseason 4 times and the NIT 1 time...which I know some Archie Apologists consider the postseason, but i still prefer to separate the NIT from the real postseason tourney.

Wow, and at Texas Southern that is impressive!!

Well, made postseason more in 6 years there than Archie has at Dayton and IU combined in 8 years..
and TxSou hadnt been since 2003 prior to Davis’s tenure...

Brian Gregory’s tenure at Dayton prior to Archie was not quite as successful as Archie’s but not too far off either...

Reactions: fpeaugh

I’m not here saying Archie is the guy. I’m saying it’s impossible to evaluate given the information available. The benefit of giving him four or five years to demonstrate his metal outweighs the risk of starting over with another guy. No players have hit other players with their car. His biggest blemish is not getting it done in year two. I can live with that until next year when will learn a lot more. I’m interested to see how he does with two true centers instead of McSwain (6’6”) and Morgan (6’7”).

Reminder:

You’re overvaluing success at a mid-major. Archie wasn’t much more successful than the previous couch before him.

Reminder:
He built his entire name off of his brother and one Elite 8 run. Nothing else he’s ever done suggests he’s a great coach.

Something similar happened to both Mike Davis and Tom Crean.

Reactions: snarlcakes
He built his entire name off of his brother and one Elite 8 run. Nothing else he’s ever done suggests he’s a great coach.

lol. Plus he won his league and went to the NCAAs consistently at Dayton, so that and the E8 run is all he did. Wait, isn’t that what good college basketball coaches are supposed to do?

More douche commentary from someone who still has zero grasp of the game he comments on constantly...weird...and still douchey. Lol

You’re overvaluing success at a mid-major. Archie wasn’t much more successful than the previous couch before him.

Dumb. Successful mid-major coaches sometimes get P5 jobs. Some work out, some don’t. No one is over valuing shit. You just keep saying dumb stuff. Archie did do enough at Dayton to get the IU job and enough to get a fair shake here.

But please keep babbling as if you know something...

Dumb. Successful mid-major coaches sometimes get P5 jobs. Some work out, some don’t. No one is over valuing shit. You just keep saying dumb stuff. Archie did do enough at Dayton to get the IU job and enough to get a fair shake here.

But please keep babbling as if you know something...

It’s not my fault your IQ is lower than your body temperature and you can’t figure out basic math. Archie isn’t a stud you mental defect.

Last edited:
It’s not my fault your IQ is lower than your body temperature and you can’t figure out basic math. Archie isn’t a stud you mental defect.

Lol. The whole point is that you have no idea if Archie is a stud or not. No one does. Not based on his successful career at Dayton or on his shitty big ten season last year. Diminishing one or over-emphasizing the other doesn’t change that.

Folks here just want to give him a chance so we can see what we actually have. But you’ve decided to be a dick about it...based on nothing but your weird feelz.

Lucky us...

lol. Plus he won his league and went to the NCAAs consistently at Dayton, so that and the E8 run is all he did. Wait, isn’t that what good college basketball coaches are supposed to do?

More douche commentary from someone who still has zero grasp of the game he comments on constantly...weird...and still douchey. Lol
Went to 4 straight NCAA’s - something that had never been done before at Dayton. One of those years (2015) his team had 6 scholarship players and no one taller than 6-6, yet his team still made the dance as an at-large team.

Yeah, Archie can’t coach . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: hondo314

Going to the tournament is not an accomplishment, it’s an expectation. Rick Barnes got fired from a football school and he made the tournament something like 11 years in a row.

Lol. The whole point is that you have no idea if Archie is a stud or not. No one does. Not based on his successful career at Dayton or on his shitty big ten season last year. Diminishing one or over-emphasizing the other doesn’t change that.

Folks here just want to give him a chance so we can see what we actually have. But you’ve decided to be a dick about it...based on nothing but your weird feelz.

Lucky us...

Cshartle123 claimed he was. He called him a stud, which is why I made my post on people overvaluing mid-major coaches. He even said we should hire a coach like him if he fails. You liked the post. It has nothing to do with feelings.

The two things I pushed back on were people justifying a 1-12 stretch and claiming Archie is a stud. For some weird reason this upset you. Also, just because you don't know something doesn't mean others haven't figured it out. It took you 6 years to piece together Crean wasn't a stud.

Went to 4 straight NCAA’s - something that had never been done before at Dayton. One of those years (2015) his team had 6 scholarship players and no one taller than 6-6, yet his team still made the dance as an at-large team.

Yeah, Archie can’t coach . . . :rolleyes:

This doesn't help your injury theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Upset Alert
Cshartle123 claimed he was. He called him a stud, which is why I made my post on people overvaluing mid-major coaches. He even said we should hire a coach like him if he fails. You liked the post. It has nothing to do with feelings.

The two things I pushed back on were people justifying a 1-12 stretch and claiming Archie is a stud. For some weird reason this upset you. Also, just because you don't know something doesn't mean others haven't figured it out. It took you 6 years to piece together Crean wasn't a stud.

I’d say he still qualifies as such based on potential. You have to remember the rest of the basketball world sees the 1-12 stretch differently than you.

Ya, you had Crean figured out in year 5 when we were #1 team in the country. Lol

He will be canned once it comes out in court. The dude cheated. Why you would want a known cheater as your coach is beyond crazy. Coaches that are outed as a cheater tend to lose their jobs and respect. Ask Rick Pitino
Wasn’t Sampson a cheater when IU hired him?
It does happen.
These guys you’re talking about seem
To be so Teflon coated. I hope they get nailed but sincerely doubt it. Look how Miller at Arizona has recruited. Those players don’t think he’s going anywhere. Does anybody?)

He hasn’t done much else because he is forty.

He’s been a head coach for 8 years.

Crean was 42 when he got the IU job and had accomplished far more.
Do you consider “far more” as five NCAA appearances and a final four in nine years at Marquette versus four NCAA appearances and an elite eight in six years at Dayton? I’m struggling to following your lines reasoning, fpeaugh.

Reactions: kimaniismyffriend
Do you consider “far more” as five NCAA appearances and a final four in nine years at Marquette versus four NCAA appearances and an elite eight in six years at Dayton? I’m struggling to following your lines reasoning, fpeaugh.

Crean had coached in and won in the top conference in America at the time - the Big East. Also assistant with Tom Izzo. He developed multiple NBA players including Wade, Novak, Diener, etc. And yes, he went to the Final Four.

Archie coached in the A10 and had one good E8 run. He has yet to have a former player in the NBA.

Crean was far superior at the time than Archie is now. And I don’t think anyone wants to set the barometer of success as Tom Crean.

Crean had coached in and won in the top conference in America at the time - the Big East. Also assistant with Tom Izzo. He developed multiple NBA players including Wade, Novak, Diener, etc. And yes, he went to the Final Four.

Archie coached in the A10 and had one good E8 run. He has yet to have a former player in the NBA.

Crean was far superior at the time than Archie is now. And I don’t think anyone wants to set the barometer of success as Tom Crean.
Your last sentence is what is so frustrating about Archie...he stepped into a much more prepared roster, in a much more favorable situation, and his 2 seasons match 2 of Creans worst 2 seasons over his final 6 years.

Crean took over a program with 1 returning player I believe...

I just dont see what Archie has done that well, or what is in any better situation than 2 years ago. I can’t believe the satisfaction of some Iu fans w low-Crean-level results...

Reactions: fpeaugh
I can’t believe I’m reading people in here defending this:

Total waste and creeper. As for will wade, he’s a pos. Dude just denied everything to keep his job for now. When forde asked him point blank about his “strong ass offer” he gave the pc answer and cowered down like a little girl. General RMK would of went over and there his ass out for daring to even pose the question in his presence.

Where’s the paper trail?

Don’t tell me about a “strong offer” on a wiretap. An offer of what? The worst rookie attorney could get him out of that one.

Don’t count on a career in the law! If you are in State Court in LA, it would be hard to convict. Who was defrauded? Not LSU. But if there actually was an enforcement division in the NCAA, a 5 year probation would be reasonable. But the NCAA is the fraud!

Crean coached in the Big East for 3 seasons, tying for 4th the first year and tying for 5th the other two. He made the NCAA all 3 years, losing the first game the first two years and making the round of 32 in his last year. Is that really what you describe as "winning in the Big East"? These are facts that I gave to you, now deflect and spin (and lie) about them to your hearts content. Douche.

Crean coached in the Big East for 3 seasons, tying for 4th the first year and tying for 5th the other two. He made the NCAA all 3 years, losing the first game the first two years and making the round of 32 in his last year. Is that really what you describe as "winning in the Big East"? These are facts that I gave to you, now deflect and spin (and lie) about them to your hearts content. Douche.
That’s far more success than anything Archie achieved at Dayton.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT