ADVERTISEMENT

Will the 'Cuse escape

Didn't the NCAA take almost 5 months before they came back with the KS findings? If I remember correctly, IU self reported in Oct/Nov and KS coached until the findings in February.

I don't see Syracuse getting hammered....if you get caught penalties seem less than those who self-report their violations.

I used to think the NCAA was a joke; I now think it's a disgrace.

The North Carolina no exam, no class courses; the Florida State cover-up for Jameis Wilson; the USC return of Reggie Bush's Heisman trophy, and its coach Pete Carroll absconding to the pros -- to win a NFL championship no less, and to play for another; Kelvin Sampson being caught, but showing up as the coach at Houston after laying low in the pros for five years; Larry Brown winning at Kansas and leaving before sanctions took hold; Calipari having two seasons vacated (at UMass and Memphis) and getting away clean as a whistle; Kentucky, making a mockery of student-athlete (pretend to be a student for a semester, and then wait to be drafted by the NBA in the second semester: his message as a prep for the NBA obviously sells); Penn State restoring all Paterno''s wins on the basis that he didn't know (which begs the question: why didn't he know? Do you believe that? There's email evidence to the contrary); Ohio State catching players for selling their stuff for tattoos, and then being suspended, but not until after the bowl game (most of the players, I gather, never served the suspension but went to the NFL).

With all the television money, the NCAA complains that it doesn't have enough staff to investigate all the corruption in college athletics. If not the NCAA, then who?

It's more than a joke; it's a scandal. Someone should investigate the NCAA! You can bet Brand made and Emmert is making six- or seven figure salaries!

Thanks for the historical research. Did you notice...

how all the "Deflategate" talk suddenly grew quiet one week before Super Bowl Sunday? I did. The hallowed institution of the NFL won't tolerate such negative publicity that might tarnish their ability to draw in viewership and commercial advertising dollars. It's all a sham with a scam, if you were to ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT