ADVERTISEMENT

Why Boston isn't doing squat in the playoffs as is....

HoosierJimbo89

All-American
Nov 27, 2010
Watch the 0:13 and the 0:51 second mark. Isaiah Thomas is their best player, and he is so limited by his size. If the other team really wants to limit Thomas or shut him down, they can basically prevent him from shooting or just get physical with him. They say cut off the head and the rest of the body falls: well, Thomas is that head, and it isn't that hard to limit him.

Thomas reminds me of the following Michael Jordan and Muggsy Bogues story: "Series was tied at 2 and Hornets had a chance to win game 5 in Chicago. On the biggest possession of the game, Muggsy had the ball with the Hornets down 1. Jordan backed off of him and told him: “shoot it, you f****** midget!” Muggsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Mugsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career: his shot never recovered."

Last edited:
lol. Muggsy never averaged more than 11 ppg in a season his entire career, how can you even pretend they're the same player.

Do you think finding ways to talk down the Celtics is going to make Brad come here?

lol. Muggsy never averaged more than 11 ppg in a season his entire career, how can you even pretend they're the same player.

Do you think finding ways to talk down the Celtics is going to make Brad come here?
No, I'm simply stating they are inherently limited and going nowhere in the playoffs. I dunno, kind of sounds like Brad is wasting his time and talents. Oh, and the Raptors didn't even have Kyle Lowry for that game.

Also, Boston had the #3 pick and #5 pick recently: who are they? LOL. Sure sounds like that strategy is panning out. Goodness, it is just like when Bird, McHale, and Parish were coming out of the tunnel, lol.

No, I'm simply stating they are inherently limited and going nowhere in the playoffs. I dunno, kind of sounds like Brad is wasting his time and talents.

Also, Boston had the #3 pick and #5 pick recently: who are they? LOL. Sure sounds like that strategy is panning out. Goodness, it is just like when Bird, McHale, and Parish were coming out of the tunnel, lol.

Brad Stevens is smarter than you. If he thought he was wasting his time, he would leave.

Brad Stevens is never going to coach another college basketball game.

Not for IU, UNC, Duke, or whoever.

He has told many people this. It's common knowledge.
Brad gushed about Butler about 3 days prior to bolting for the Celtics. Talk is cheap, and money talks. State the ceiling of the Celtics, put a blank check in front of Brad and see what he says.

One of my favorite coaching carousel videos is Roy Williams telling Bonnie Bernstein that he could "give a flip" about the UNC job after a FF loss with Kansas. A week or two later, he took the UNC job. Talk is cheap.

Brad gushed about Butler about 3 days prior to bolting for the Celtics. Talk is cheap, and money talks. State the ceiling of the Celtics, put a blank check in front of Brad and see what he says.

One of my favorite coaching videos is Roy Williams telling Bonnie Bernstein that he could "give a flip" about the UNC job after a FF loss with Kansas. A week or two later, he took the UNC job. Talk is cheap.

It has nothing to do with the Boston or Indiana job.

He HATES college recruiting and if he is ever forced out of Boston, he will take another NBA job.

Believe whatever you want, but Brad Stevens is never going back to coaching at the college level....ever.

One of my favorite coaching carousel videos is Roy Williams telling Bonnie Bernstein that he could "give a flip" about the UNC job after a FF loss with Kansas. A week or two later, he took the UNC job. Talk is cheap.

Is talk cheap?

Cheap as it comes, my friend: cheap as it comes. As I just stated, Brad gushed about Butler one minute, bolts for the Celtics the next: you tell me.

What you are failing to understand is that Brad didn't leave Butler for another college program, he left COLLEGE basketball. Never passes up a chance to still gush about Butler when given the opportunity, so no, his talk isn't cheap. And if you've paid any attention at all, he is not driven by vast sums of cash.

What you are failing to understand is that Brad didn't leave Butler for another college program, he left COLLEGE basketball. Never passes up a chance to still gush about Butler when given the opportunity, so no, his talk isn't cheap. And if you've paid any attention at all, he is not driven by vast sums of cash.
So, you are saying it is impossible for a coach to return to college basketball from the NBA and this has never happened? Rick Pitino and John Calipari did just this! Harbaugh and Saban are two good football examples.

Brad earns 3X more at the Celtics than he made at Butler: this wasn't a factor?!? Plus, he hit a ceiling at Butler. Brad has hit a ceiling at the Celtics. Notice a trend? Make a sales pitch and put a blank check in front of Brad: I guarantee he thinks long and hard about it. Money talks.

H
So, you are saying it is impossible for a coach to return to college basketball from the NBA and this has never happened? Rick Pitino and John Calipari did just this! Harbaugh and Saban are two good football examples.

Brad earns 3X more at the Celtics than he made at Butler: this wasn't a factor?!? Plus, he hit a ceiling at Butler. Brad has hit a ceiling at the Celtics. Notice a trend? Make a sales pitch and put a blank check in front of Brad: I guarantee he thinks long and hard about it. Money talks.

Dude. Shut up...

Reactions: ZildjianZLine

And how do you propose to "guarantee" this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT