ADVERTISEMENT

Why Are The Faculty Mad at The IU Prez?

Not enough incense in the public baths? Or something meaningful?

There have been some missteps. Canceling the show at the art museum was really bad. The bit about Kinsey is bogus, though -- that was an attempt to deal with the morons in the legislature.

Just from the article it seems like a few petty issues. Then again higher ed is all about petty issues these days.

There have been some missteps. Canceling the show at the art museum was really bad. The bit about Kinsey is bogus, though -- that was an attempt to deal with the morons in the legislature.

What's the issue here except for a bunch of pro-Palestinian liberals butthurt about an Administration that doesn't want IU to look like Harvard?

I’ve been trying to figure this out too. The strike on Graduate Assistants was evidently a big thing too, I know a lot of people don’t like her and some people don’t like her politics but I’ve seen people on both sides complain, so I’m honestly not sure if she is conservative or liberal,

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I asked a friend who is faculty, he is as MAGA as anyone. He said she is radical left brought in because she is a woman and the Trustees wanted her to push DEI. Now that is not the position of other faculty I know. I was shocked he had that view.
People wonder why our basketball program has sucked for so long and why our academic ratings keeps going down the toilet.

Is Cignetti a DEI choice?

Well let's see, hard-driving, believes you earn what you get. Hmm, yeah I guess so, pretty rare so they had to add one.

• Love
Reactions: VanPastorMan
Dream Team holds tryouts in August. Let him know
Gotta get ready

Working Out Richard Simmons GIF

I am not sure I buy it, Governors appoint the most Trustees. Do Daniels, Pence, and Holcomb really seem heavily into DEI?
Buckner runs the show. He's why we got Woody. Cora Breckenridge is why Davis wasn't canned in 2001 and Pitino brought in. Everyone knows why.

I asked a friend who is faculty, he is as MAGA as anyone. He said she is radical left brought in because she is a woman and the Trustees wanted her to push DEI. Now that is not the position of other faculty I know. I was shocked he had that view.
See that’s what I am talking about. I’ve heard both!

I’ve seen him at airports twice. Dressed exactly like that. He was great on David letterman back in the day. Dave would say Richard you are the king of fitness and nutrition. You live it. What I don’t understand is that you’re fat. And Richard would be shocked. They were funny together
Also great on Howard.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I’ve been trying to figure this out too. The strike on Graduate Assistants was evidently a big thing too, I know a lot of people don’t like her and some people don’t like her politics but I’ve seen people on both sides complain, so I’m honestly not sure if she is conservative or liberal,
It sounds like they think her office isn't deferential enough to faculty and is going after people for particular viewpoints.

...Twelve graduate student organizations?

Twelve?

Wouldn't 5 or 6 suffice?

Perhaps the faculty should spend energy on turning around the plummeting academic ratings rather than fake issue virtue signaling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT