ADVERTISEMENT

Who's to blame?

fpeaugh

All-American
Sep 19, 2001
With essentially the same team last year we were up 31-28 on PSU with 4 minutes left. Fast forward...Allen replaces Wilson and...what? 45-14? How? Who should be fired first?
A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

I've said it before, I'll say it again...WHERE IS KEVIN WILSON?

Reactions: cshartle123
With essentially the same team last year we were up 31-28 on PSU with 4 minutes left. Fast forward...Allen replaces Wilson and...what? 45-14? How? Who should be fired first?
A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

How can you compare playing in Bloomington and Happy Valley?

A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

I've said it before, I'll say it again...WHERE IS KEVIN WILSON?[/
None of the above and I rather have Allen over Wilson any day. The reason we were not in the game today is turnovers. You have an unhealthy hatred for Glass and Allen or you just totally overrated Wilson as a head coach. Wilson was an overrated HC and his game management was terri

A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

You just have an unhealthy hatred for Glass and Allen or you just plain overate Wilson as a HC. We just plaid on the road against the 4th ranked team in the country and on the road. take away the bone headed turnovers we had a good chance to win the game.

Wilson was not a good HC and his game management was horrible and by what is rumored not a very good person as well.

A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

If he wanted to win, Glass would have bent over backwards to keep Wilson and Allen together. Instead, he was more concerned about the football program becoming bigger than him.

A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

You came close to nailing the final score (you predicted 42-17 PSU) in the "Indiana at PSU Predictions" thread. Why the surprise and outrage now?!

Let's see how we do against teams more at our level of talent before flipping out. No one reasonable expected us to go undefeated or beat two top ten teams.
With the injuries, the venue, and the quality of the opposition, most of us knew today wasn't going to produce a good outcome. We need to beat Charleston Southern (hopefully using a lot of guys further down the depth chart) and get everybody healthy for Michigan in Bloomington in two weeks. The realistic goals for this season (i.e. a bowl and a winning season) are still very much within reach.

Reactions: 76-1 and IUgradman
A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

KEVIN WILSON IS THE OC AT OSU!

Reactions: iueyedoc99
What a moronic post!

Every team is different and last years team at IU is not exactly same as this years at PSU.

An obvious anger at program. Suggest take a hiatus until Glass & Allen are gone. Maybe then you'll have cooled off or found a new team to root for.

Mitch Daniels is an awesome President & Brohm seems to be good coach if you want to Boiler up?

A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

I hear Billy Donovan was in Bloomington today and wants the job.

A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

Good luck finding a new HC if you fire a guy four games into his first season. If not for the Archie Miller hire, I would be leaning towards Glass. By the way, C and D are the same option.

With the injuries, the venue, and the quality of the opposition, most of us knew today wasn't going to produce a good outcome. We need to beat Charleston Southern (hopefully using a lot of guys further down the depth chart) and get everybody healthy for Michigan in Bloomington in two weeks. The realistic goals for this season (i.e. a bowl and a winning season) are still very much within reach.
14 points off special teams blunders was as devastating as anything.

A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

Transitions take time, and this one is no different. The ceiling for this team is probably 7 wins, at most, and 5 or 6 seems much more likely given the O line issues, new O coaches, loss of Oliver, a better last season but still way overhyped defense, etc. combined with an improved Rutgers, Maryland, MSU and Purdue as well as a still elite OSU, PSU and UM, and IU has an uphill climb to achieve another bowl season. And recruiting is and will be among the 3 or 4 lowest teams of the Big Ten. The article I linked regarding Iowa's access in Indy is illuminating, if hardly surprising.

Wilson was cut loose after he was awarded a new deal, so the decision was made to start over. Not conducting a search of any kind and instead relying on the decent performance of their first year D coordinator as the replacement was, at best, hopelessly naive on Glass's part, but he's never been a sports guy, so it's hard to be surprised that he doesn't hire coaches well. At this point, blaming anyone seems futile. It's a recipe for mediocrity, so no one should be surprised with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: fpeaugh
A. Fred Glass
B. Tom Allen
C. Both
D. All of the above

I've said it before, I'll say it again...WHERE IS KEVIN WILSON?[/QUOTE

Both or all of the above. Now that is funny!
choices C&D are so close

Last edited:
You came close to nailing the final score (you predicted 42-17 PSU) in the "Indiana at PSU Predictions" thread. Why the surprise and outrage now?!
I knew who our coach is when I made the prediction.

Let's see how we do against teams more at our level of talent before flipping out. No one reasonable expected us to go undefeated or beat two top ten teams.
We were winning 31-28 against PSU last year with 4 minutes left. Was talent that much different? Or was coaching?

What a moronic post!

Every team is different and last years team at IU is not exactly same as this years at PSU.

An obvious anger at program. Suggest take a hiatus until Glass & Allen are gone. Maybe then you'll have cooled off or found a new team to root for.

Mitch Daniels is an awesome President & Brohm seems to be good coach if you want to Boiler up?
Unfortunately I wish IU had the same standards PU has now.

Agreed. Allen will never be able to match Wilson's sterling .356 career winning percentage and 1 signature victory in 6 seasons. Freaking Bill Lynch had a more impressive run than Wilson here.
Unreal. No one was saying this last year. I wonder why. Because Fred Glass hadn't told you to hate the guy yet? Think for yourself one time.

After 52 years of living Indiana football from age 9, you have got to be shitting me. I saw the kickoff and the 28 point deficit after 1 quarter on the road. I have seen it before. Until Indiana kids want to play for Indiana we are screwed. It is attitude. Wilson knew it and picked a fight with anyone who questioned his assumption that attitudes need to change. His problem was he was a Math Major from North Carolina and they don't teach math at North Carolina.

After 52 years of living Indiana football from age 9, you have got to be shitting me. I saw the kickoff and the 28 point deficit after 1 quarter on the road. I have seen it before. Until Indiana kids want to play for Indiana we are screwed. It is attitude. Wilson knew it and picked a fight with anyone who questioned his assumption that attitudes need to change. His problem was he was a Math Major from North Carolina and they don't teach math at North Carolina.

We aren't going to get every Indiana player, but we are getting our share. The runaway favorite to be Mr. Football is going to IU.

Reactions: Rockport Zebra
Unreal. No one was saying this last year. I wonder why. Because Fred Glass hadn't told you to hate the guy yet? Think for yourself one time.
Just for the record, I don't hate Kevin Wilson. But the facts and numbers simply don't support the notion that he had accomplished a whole lot in his time here. Were we better than we were in Lynch's last year? Sure, but that's not saying much.

I've been watching IU football since the early-70s. Other than 1979 and about 4 years under Mallory, it's pretty much been the same stuff. Cam Cameron's last year and Lynch's first year were better than anything Wilson ever produced. Wilson's offenses were better, his defenses were worse, and the end result was the same. We found a way to lose to anybody good.

Reactions: IUgradman
I really like seeing a coach on the sidelines who is fired up. Nice change of pace. I think the program will see a team that plays as a reflection of it's coach and I've seen plenty of IU teams quit when down 28-0 a mere 14 mins in. Of course there are some on here who thought Wilson was the greatest coach to ever grace our sidelines. They are going to ignore his faults as a game coach and cherry pick anything they can to put down the current staff. Let's wait until we see the body of work here.

Just for the record, I don't hate Kevin Wilson. But the facts and numbers simply don't support the notion that he had accomplished a whole lot in his time here. Were we better than we were in Lynch's last year? Sure, but that's not saying much.

I've been watching IU football since the early-70s. Other than 1979 and about 4 years under Mallory, it's pretty much been the same stuff. Cam Cameron's last year and Lynch's first year were better than anything Wilson ever produced. Wilson's offenses were better, his defenses were worse, and the end result was the same. We found a way to lose to anybody good.

I agree with your assessment that results haven't been much different. I do say that comparing the Lynch years and CKW years doesn't look at what was left CKW and the complete cultural change that transpired. I believe that after the first season 40 players that were on the team did not return. We were soft. Players quit. We were a B10 team only in name. We didn't even have a linemen over 300 lbs I believe. We recruited against MAC teams and lost our fair share of those battles.

I agree our results have been similar but where CTA is starting his journey is at least in the proper hemisphere.

What did I miss? What negative public statements did Glass make about Wilson at the time of his departure or since? I recall nothing more than "philosophical differences." I'm not aware of any support for your recurring argument that the fan base turned on Wilson at the direction of Glass.

And, btw, there was plenty of criticism of Wilson on this board - - and elsewhere - - prior to his termination in early December. It's pretty easy to find threads such as "What the f**k is CKW's problem?" and "This is an absolute disaster" from November of last year.

What did I miss? What negative public statements did Glass make about Wilson at the time of his departure or since? I recall nothing more than "philosophical differences." I'm not aware of any support for your recurring argument that the fan base turned on Wilson at the direction of Glass.

And, btw, there was plenty of criticism of Wilson on this board - - and elsewhere - - prior to his termination in early December. It's pretty easy to find threads such as "What the f**k is CKW's problem?" and "This is an absolute disaster" from November of last year.

I don't think Allen is the problem. Debord is the problem.

How many possessions last year with our offense did we watch essentially no effort in play calling to move the ball? Wilson did that with his running game last year. He got away from the gambles you saw early in his tenure. I like Debord's system. We need to execute it....and not fumble the ball.

Reactions: VarsityClub47
I hear Billy Donovan was in Bloomington today and wants the job.
This guy is the same one on the basketball board who thinks we should be more like UK basketball. It is obvious he is a win at any cost fan who does not care how a coach treat players or other people around the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT