ADVERTISEMENT

Who's next ? ? ?

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
Last edited:
Reactions: Tru2Irish
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a current IU kid enter the portal, especially if we do get 1 more starter level player. So it would be possible to get 2 more.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a current IU kid enter the portal, especially if we do get 1 more starter level player. So it would be possible to get 2 more.
I dont think they can hit the portal anymore.

Reactions: Lucy01
Too late to enter portal. Can transfer out but sit a year though.Most combine on the fence players can probably go portal if they drop out.Davis,etc.Lawrence or Taylor would be awesome fits.

Last edited:
Reactions: bailey777 and 76-1
Need someone to be “the guy” at the 2. Galloway is great energizer off the bench
I love Trey's game, I believe he is more valuable coming off the bench as the energy guy. If IU snatches away from the portal a high-volume shot maker or has one currently on the team develop this summer this team should have what we thought last year's team had-- a deep bench.

The problem with the best remaining players is they want to be starters and it’s unlikely to be at IU. We need a solid player who is willing to come off the bench. Preferably he’ll be someone who can come in and play two positions /injuries and foul trouble are not predicable.

Grad transfers are still available to transfer.

Any draft declarees have grad transfer eligibility?

The problem with the best remaining players is they want to be starters and it’s unlikely to be at IU. We need a solid player who is willing to come off the bench. Preferably he’ll be someone who can come in and play two positions /injuries and foul trouble are not predicable.
If we get the kid from Marshall, he will start. Galloway is perfect sun for the 2-3 spot

Tyrin Lawrence 6’4 G 180 lbs (Vanderbilt)
13.1 ppg
4.4 rpg
50.2 FG%
74.3 FT%
36.0 3P% (36-100)
If I had to choose one of the two you listed and Jullian Phillips, I'd go with Tyrin Lawrence. We have MgBako and Banks already to rule out Phillips. Lawrence played better competition and a couple inches taller than Dennis, I'd choose Lawrence.

Reactions: Tru2Irish and 76-1
Though either of the couple mentioned above would be good adds, do we really want to be in a cycle of trying to replace our team every year instead of playing existing our existing players? CJ, Banks, etc came to play. Bench players with starter mentality continually being recruited over will transfer.

Though either of the couple mentioned above would be good adds, do we really want to be in a cycle of trying to replace our team every year instead of playing existing our existing players? CJ, Banks, etc came to play. Bench players with starter mentality continually being recruited over will transfer.
I think the roster will turn over 50% + every now regardless

Reactions: birdforbogey
Need someone to be “the guy” at the 2. Galloway is great energizer off the bench
The team needed a 3rd option last year when it was the TJD and JH-S show. Next year's team doesn't. They have dudes starting in the post, at the wing and guard positions, plus experienced depth.

If the roster is set, at worst IU has a senior leader at the 2 in Trey who won't have the pressure of being the back up point this year, knows the offense and can hit open shots. They can be very selective with the remaining spot if they want to, or even leave it open.

I suspect a grad-transfer out of nowhere will get a one-year depth-chart spot before Woody is finished this spring. The glaring needs have been met.

If we get the kid from Marshall, he will start. Galloway is perfect sun for the 2-3 spot

The college game is changing faster than anyone expected. Imagine being CMW say 10 yrs ago and wanting to coach at IU and then even 5 yrs ago. Coming up in system where kids played at least 3 yrs and trying to help them with life skills that will last them past their playing days and having played/coached in the NBA, knows what the mindset is in these kids. Now he has to change his philosophy to the current structure. Think we have the perfect coach to navigate this new era who knows the tradition but understands and relate to the kids of today

Reactions: sglowrider
Woody has done an amazing job building the best front court in the B1G. You would think a couple shooters would want to join as there will be plenty of open looks.
Looks like they're afraid to compete for playing time, or they've heard they'll be required to play Defense... If that's the case it's probably just as well that we didn't get them...

There's still a couple of solid Guards available in Lawrence (formerly of Vanderbilt), and Phillips ((formerly of TN). If we can't get one of them we can always just pick up a developmental Center and lock up the Big Ten race just by having more fouls to give then anyone else... (sarcasm, sort of)...

I think the roster will turn over 50% + every now regardless
And it's why we won't get many Gunns moving forward. Freshman need to look for opportunities where they can start in order to audition for NIL $ at "better" basketball schools in the future.

A player can't prove what they can do (to anybody outside practice) without any playing time. They then have no $ value fairly quickly.

Players will learn their best route to $ quickly, imo.

Reactions: 8Stars5Banners
Julian Phillips 6’8 F 198 lbs (Tennessee)
8.3 ppg
4.7 rpg
41.1 FG %
82.2 FT%p

*23.9 3P% (11-46)*
Supposedly he's the best defender available... If that's truly the case perhaps his Defensive prowess might eclipse his seeming lack of an Offensive game... If he's allowed to attempt to do only what's he's capable of doing Offensively he might be able to help us...

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
We cant we get a starting two? Devo Davis would start and there have been rumors he like iu alot

Are you talking the Ark guard? I can’t find anything about portal for him. Would he be a grad transfer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT