ADVERTISEMENT

Who's going to apologize to Sweden?

Bullshit. Pure unadulterated bullshit.

I took your facts and put them in the context of our gradually increasing awareness of the severity of the problem covid posed to society. Once I did that you had no response. Instead you started attacking me. That’s what’s actually happened here in our so-called discussion.
Nah you took facts and tried to disclaim same because of your hyper partisan preoccupation. The truth is blame runs far and wide and continues on. A president has zero authority. Zero. He’s culpable of course. Like many others. But your eyes only see orange.i guess what’s happening in LA is trump’s fault? anyone with any sense knows that trump's messaging was dogshit and detrimental; from masks to later interfering with the cdc. they also understand that the cdc made numerous mistakes as set forth in the nyt article, as well as states and the public. remember this is an issue where authority rests with the states.

Last edited:
Reactions: jet812
A lot of vague talk here and weird examples. Let’s use a concrete, relevant example.

If a restaurant owner is allowed the freedom to operate their restaurant with indoor dining, then the people that dine there will knowingly be taking a risk. They may get sick, and spread that virus to someone else.

But at no point is someone having their freedom infringed upon in that scenario. People have been inadvertently contracting and spreading viruses since the beginning of time. The fact is, every time you leave the isolation of your house you are taking a risk. Mask/ no mask distanced or not. The fact that the world is a dangerous place and you might get sick is not a discrete example of one person infringing on another’s freedom.

Your better argument would be that people who knowingly and purposefully spread the virus are infringing on others freedom, but that’s so astronomically rare it’s not really worthy of discussion.

It's telling that the freedoms you care about are those of diners and of restaurant owners, not those of the people forced to choose between exposure at work and loss of their job and income. I'd be a lot more ok with letting businesses stay open if the people doing the work had a robust safety net and could make a choice that didn't involve potentially losing their home and ability to feed their family.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It's telling that the freedoms you care about are those of diners and of restaurant owners, not those of the people forced to choose between exposure at work and loss of their job and income. I'd be a lot more ok with letting businesses stay open if the people doing the work had a robust safety net and could make a choice that didn't involve potentially losing their home and ability to feed their family.

The alternative is closing the businesses so the worker doesn't even have the option to work, and still no safety net. Is that better in your mind? And yes, I'm empathetic of small business owners, sue me.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Nah you took facts and tried to disclaim same because of your hyper partisan preoccupation. The truth is blame runs far and wide and continues on. A president has zero authority. Zero. He’s culpable of course. Like many others. But your eyes only see orange.i guess what’s happening in LA is trump’s fault? anyone with any sense knows that trump's messaging was dogshit and detrimental; from masks to later interfering with the cdc. they also understand that the cdc made numerous mistakes as set forth in the nyt article, as well as states and the public. remember this is an issue where authority rests with the states.

People can get on Trump for poor and inconsistent messaging about Covid protocols, fine. That doesn't explain LA, Chicago and other population centers where protocol adherence is spectacular despite Trump's messaging.

I don’t weight Trump’s covid response more heavily because I despise him, a lie you are propagating. I objectively look at the facts, as you advocate, such as the Bernstein tapes, showing what he knew when.

Yes, Pelosi is part to blame but she changed and followed the science. Same with the CDC and Fauci. Only Trump refused to take responsibility for his failures and exert leadership.

Bad faith posting doesn’t become your image here as a straight shooter. Don’t follow CoH down that path...

The alternative is closing the businesses so the worker doesn't even have the option to work, and still no safety net. Is that better in your mind? And yes, I'm empathetic of small business owners, sue me.

My preferred solution is offering a safety net to workers and to small businesses. Expanded unemployment and rent/mortgage help for individuals and businesses. Allow people and businesses to choose whether it's worth the risk to remain open, and make sure that choosing to close for safety doesn't bankrupt them. If that means a business owner can't get enough servers to show up and stand close to unmasked patrons, oh well, they have that safety net to fall back on.

My very last choice, long after what I suggest above or mandated closures is forcing front-line workers to choose between risking their health or risking poverty. That's cruel and unnecessary, we can do better.

My preferred solution is offering a safety net to workers and to small businesses. Expanded unemployment and rent/mortgage help for individuals and businesses. Allow people and businesses to choose whether it's worth the risk to remain open, and make sure that choosing to close for safety doesn't bankrupt them. If that means a business owner can't get enough servers to show up and stand close to unmasked patrons, oh well, they have that safety net to fall back on.

My very last choice, long after what I suggest above or mandated closures is forcing front-line workers to choose between risking their health or risking poverty. That's cruel and unnecessary, we can do better.

We agree then, businesses should have the freedom to operate. Ask Pelosi what the hold up is on renewed unemployment benefits to front line workers. She's busy trying to bail out state governments or something.

We agree then, businesses should have the freedom to operate. Ask Pelosi what the hold up is on renewed unemployment benefits to front line workers. She's busy trying to bail out state governments or something.

She's trying to make sure that police, firefighters, and teachers can continue to be paid by states whose tax bases were hit hard by the pandemic. Not sure why you're so eager to defund those essential services.

Worst birthday party, evah.
article-5304-1.jpg
I am sure one of those clowns is zeke...

I don’t weight Trump’s covid response more heavily because I despise him, a lie you are propagating. I objectively look at the facts, as you advocate, such as the Bernstein tapes, showing what he knew when.

Yes, Pelosi is part to blame but she changed and followed the science. Same with the CDC and Fauci. Only Trump refused to take responsibility for his failures and exert leadership.

Bad faith posting doesn’t become your image here as a straight shooter. Don’t follow CoH down that path...
Lol. I posted facts. You added your emotions in a thinly veiled attempt to deplatform me

You like making them. It’s your closet solution to justify your Republican POTUS, who you pretend to dislike. Own it, guy.

This isn't remotely accurate and you would know that if you read even 25% of his posts.

She's trying to make sure that police, firefighters, and teachers can continue to be paid by states whose tax bases were hit hard by the pandemic. Not sure why you're so eager to defund those essential services.

Lie. Did you just make that up? That hasn't been a point of debate in any of the negotiations and I'm not even sure Pelosi has claimed as much. That is just bad faith posturing at it's finest. Funding to state and local governments would then be used entirely at that states discretion, so to claim you know where the funding is going is nonsense. And state budgets have been passed in almost all states for 2021 already anyway. So again you're lying and moving goal posts.

A bad faith snake you are.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Bullshit. Pure unadulterated bullshit.

I took your facts and put them in the context of our gradually increasing awareness of the severity of the problem covid posed to society. Once I did that you had no response. Instead you started attacking me. That’s what’s actually happened here in our so-called discussion.

You put the comments through the filter of your own hyper-partisan bias. I have seen you do it to me as well.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Lie. Did you just make that up? That hasn't been a point of debate in any of the negotiations and I'm not even sure Pelosi has claimed as much. That is just bad faith posturing at it's finest. Funding to state and local governments would then be used entirely at that states discretion, so to claim you know where the funding is going is nonsense. And state budgets have been passed in almost all states for 2021 already anyway. So again you're lying and moving goal posts.

A bad faith snake you are.

Thanks for the band name! Come see the Bad Faith Snakes live in concert this January!

Did you see this? Apparently, Flynn is telling Trump he has authority to declare martial law.

Reactions: iuwclurker
Did you see this? Apparently, Flynn is telling Trump he has authority to declare martial law.

Careful now. McMurtrump will accuse you of refusing to let go (like Trump). (dws) Then when you say Trump is the one who doesn’t let go, he’ll respond, everybody is equally not letting go. Nobody does anything more than Trump. Trump is just like the rest of us.

Careful now. McMurtrump will accuse you of refusing to let go (like Trump). (dws) Then when you say Trump is the one who doesn’t let go, he’ll respond, everybody is equally not letting go. Nobody does anything more than Trump. Trump is just like the rest of us.
Nah, McMurtry's beef is with Flynn, who says Trump can declare martial law. McMurtry keeps saying Trump has "zero authority."

Every picture tells a story...

IMG-20201219-183931.jpg

IMG-20201219-183828.jpg

IMG-20201219-183820.jpg
This virus seems to have a mind of it’s own. Just when the experts seem to have a handle on the situation, the virus says, fu*k you, I’ll do what I want, when I want.

I initially thought that both the conservatives and liberals had the response wrong. I was for locking the whole country down (impossible, I know) for 2-3 months when the virus first hit, but not sure if that would’ve worked in hindsight.

The crazy spike we’re experiencing in Cali makes no sense, although it’s predominantly in SoCal.

Is it due to a new, more aggressive strain, or people have virus and masking fatigue and dutifully wear their mask and distance in public, but party up in private?

Reactions: mcmurtry66

The hold up is the gop not wanting to negotiate. You should ask mcconnell why shit isn't getting done. Maybe if they were less worried about funneling money to their wealthy donors.

Last edited:
Rip the bandaid off, don't pull it 1 mm a week, causing more stress and concern. Get it over with already! We have already allowed the weak, timid and affraid to control everything through being forecefully EMPATHETIC.. Enough is enough, they've already proven incapable of leadership, go back to being followers! But that requires the strong to retake their place! Now is the call to action my brethren!

Rip the bandaid off, don't pull it 1 mm a week, causing more stress and concern. Get it over with already! We have already allowed the weak, timid and affraid to control everything through being forecefully EMPATHETIC.. Enough is enough, they've already proven incapable of leadership, go back to being followers! But that requires the strong to retake their place! Now is the call to action my brethren!
You're an idiot ..

You blew it. None of that works unless you also send a contribution to Trump's new PAC.

Lunatic Trump disciples were out today waving flags, yelling, etc. in masse near the biggest mall in Cincy today. I think they got more one finger salutes than supportive honks. And, of course, not a mask in sight amongst them.

Lunatic Trump disciples were out today waving flags, yelling, etc. in masse near the biggest mall in Cincy today. I think they got more one finger salutes than supportive honks. And, of course, not a mask in sight amongst them.
They scare the hell out of me. They sound/behave like the Germans in the 1930s!

Reactions: Noodle
Let's see an updated look of how this is going with Omicron

FIM6Oh_XMAAUX53

XC88prh.png

Stop trying to compare Sweden with the entirety of Europe.

Compare it with it's neighbors Norway and Finland. You won't because that doesn't tell the story that you're trying to sell because I'm guessing that you think we're all dumbassess that doesn't know European geography (which is like comparing Hawaii with New York).

Besides Sweden went no restrictions last summer and got lambasted for it because their case rates and death rates were exponentially higher. Since then they'd used more restrictions including travel bans, etc.

Here's some basic data for you.

Deaths per million for three countries right next to each other separated by the Baltic and North seas from mainland Europe.

Norway = 238
Finland = 287
Sweden = 1498

Since Norway and Finland both did the typical restrictions while Sweden, in the middle of those two didn't....it's about as good of a test case that you can have and the number are overwhelmingly worse for Sweden.

Stop trying to compare Sweden with the entirety of Europe.

Compare it with it's neighbors Norway and Finland. You won't because that doesn't tell the story that you're trying to sell because I'm guessing that you think we're all dumbassess that doesn't know European geography (which is like comparing Hawaii with New York).

Besides Sweden went no restrictions last summer and got lambasted for it because their case rates and death rates were exponentially higher. Since then they'd used more restrictions including travel bans, etc.

Here's some basic data for you.

Deaths per million for three countries right next to each other separated by the Baltic and North seas from mainland Europe.

Norway = 238
Finland = 287
Sweden = 1498

Since Norway and Finland both did the typical restrictions while Sweden, in the middle of those two didn't....it's about as good of a test case that you can have and the number are overwhelmingly worse for Sweden.
You and Cosmic must get the same talking points.

You and Cosmic must get the same talking points.
Well if Sweden didn't have similarly peninsula countries right next to it that made Sweden look like an absolute disaster, you might have half of a leg to stand on in this argument.

But you don't.

This argument is like trying to point out that the Lion's beat the Seahawks yesterday in the second half, even though they lost 51 - 29.

It keeps popping up here every couple of months so yeah, it
needs to get slapped back until Sweden at least ends up in a place close to it's direct neighbors.

Which it hasn't even come close.

LOL, you mean like leftists compare Florida to New Hampshire in an effort to make DeSantis look bad?
Desantis made himself look like a lying sleazy used car salesman when he changed how Florida reports cases and more importantly deaths last June when his state was 1/5th of all cases.

Then he fired his surgeon general and brought in a Trumpy Covid denier that has been busted lying about his experience with Covid in Lapido (he was initially on the Trumpican Covid denial team that included demon sperm lady).

Since he 'changed' how the state reported Covid cases and deaths, his numbers immediately and miraculously got incredibly better.

Who would have guessed.

Reactions: Bill4411
Well if Sweden didn't have similarly peninsula countries right next to it that made Sweden look like an absolute disaster, you might have half of a leg to stand on in this argument.

But you don't.

This argument is like trying to point out that the Lion's beat the Seahawks yesterday in the second half, even though they lost 51 - 29.

It keeps popping up here every couple of months so yeah, it
needs to get slapped back until Sweden at least ends up in a place close to it's direct neighbors.

Which it hasn't even come close.
There are NO winners in this CoViD fiasco….well maybe there are a few

There are NO winners in this CoViD fiasco….well maybe there are a few
I won my fantasy football championship because Austin Ekeler had to sit out two weeks ago due to Covid.

I keed.

Yes this has been a nightmare. I'm now pulling for Omni to kill delta and sweep through the world in a grand finale, hoping that it's not as deadly like we believe.

Trying to chang behavior at this point is futile. We've dug in our heels on all sides.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT