ADVERTISEMENT

Who's going to apologize to Sweden?

Yes this has been a nightmare. I'm now pulling for Omni to kill delta and sweep through the world in a grand finale, hoping that it's not as deadly like we believe.

Trying to chang behavior at this point is futile. We've dug in our heels on all sides.

I've been on the Omicron bandwagon since it first showed up.

Go Omicron!

Dammit, got a clip? I know I've seen the episode, but am not remembering.
I'm too computer illiterate to pull that off. It was hilarious. They were all at a sensitivity training seminar. Dennis of course was giving guidance on how to not fall into a date rape trap - he'd steal his date's phone and send himself "consent texts" from her phone, and Frank had a diatribe about how what's inappropriate today served as hiring practices when he was in business. It was horrible and hilarious all at once.

• Love
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Desantis made himself look like a lying sleazy used car salesman when he changed how Florida reports cases and more importantly deaths last June when his state was 1/5th of all cases.

Then he fired his surgeon general and brought in a Trumpy Covid denier that has been busted lying about his experience with Covid in Lapido (he was initially on the Trumpican Covid denial team that included demon sperm lady).

Since he 'changed' how the state reported Covid cases and deaths, his numbers immediately and miraculously got incredibly better.

Who would have guessed.

Look who's changing hospitalization methods mid-crisis

Look who's changing hospitalization methods mid-crisis

If I read that correctly, she wants more data, not less and wants it more timely vs less timely (which is the opposite of what Desantis did... reported on a delayed weekly basis and changed the way deaths were recorded which took out reporting of ~ 6 weeks of deaths because he flipped it from when the county coroner official signs off to when it's pronounced at the hospital. Those are some things he was busted fixing, who knows what else).

Lol he and his appointed straight from the anti-science 'America's Frontline Doctors' and vocal Covid denier surgeon general Lapado publicly just said they wanted to slow testing in the face of requests for more testing during the middle of another surge. They stated they wanted to 'unwind the testing psychology' because my guess is they want to unwind having information, particularly information that could make their response look bad?

Again, the opposite of what you linked.

Pretty much everything he's done in regards to his covid response has been sleazy as f#$k and driven by his political ambition so he's deservingly getting dragged.

This is the dude who that greaseball put in as the states surgeon general and why he's a joke, I mean a 'controversial' appointee.

-During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ladapo promoted unproven treatments, opposed COVID-19 vaccine requirements, questioned the safety of COVID-19 vaccines, and associated with America's Frontline Doctors, a far-right group known for promoting falsehoods about the pandemic.[7][8][9][10] In a March 24, 2020, opinion column in USA Today, Ladapo wrote that he "spent the past week taking care of patients with COVID-19 at UCLA's flagship hospital", an assertion he repeated in a later column published by the Wall Street Journal.[11][12] However, UCLA staff scheduling records from that time period reportedly did not show him assigned to treat COVID patients, and four UCLA colleagues told MSNBC in November 2021 that they did not believe Ladapo had treated COVID patients there.-

Liar
Conspiracy nut
Covid denier

Welcome to the Florida clownshow.

Reactions: Zizkov
Only scumbags... would be willing to forgive a repeat sex offender.
donald-trump-14-09-16.jpg

Reactions: Bill4411
If I read that correctly, she wants more data, not less and wants it more timely vs less timely (which is the opposite of what Desantis did... reported on a delayed weekly basis and changed the way deaths were recorded which took out reporting of ~ 6 weeks of deaths because he flipped it from when the county coroner official signs off to when it's pronounced at the hospital. Those are some things he was busted fixing, who knows what else).

Lol he and his appointed straight from the anti-science 'America's Frontline Doctors' and vocal Covid denier surgeon general Lapado publicly just said they wanted to slow testing in the face of requests for more testing during the middle of another surge. They stated they wanted to 'unwind the testing psychology' because my guess is they want to unwind having information, particularly information that could make their response look bad?

Again, the opposite of what you linked.

Pretty much everything he's done in regards to his covid response has been sleazy as f#$k and driven by his political ambition so he's deservingly getting dragged.

This is the dude who that greaseball put in as the states surgeon general and why he's a joke, I mean a 'controversial' appointee.

-During the COVID-19 pandemic, Ladapo promoted unproven treatments, opposed COVID-19 vaccine requirements, questioned the safety of COVID-19 vaccines, and associated with America's Frontline Doctors, a far-right group known for promoting falsehoods about the pandemic.[7][8][9][10] In a March 24, 2020, opinion column in USA Today, Ladapo wrote that he "spent the past week taking care of patients with COVID-19 at UCLA's flagship hospital", an assertion he repeated in a later column published by the Wall Street Journal.[11][12] However, UCLA staff scheduling records from that time period reportedly did not show him assigned to treat COVID patients, and four UCLA colleagues told MSNBC in November 2021 that they did not believe Ladapo had treated COVID patients there.-

Liar
Conspiracy nut
Covid denier

Welcome to the Florida clownshow.
That data’s always been available, they just want to report in a way that minimizes the abject failure of the response.

If Omicron has infected everyone, then (hopefully) we will have achieved herd immunity the old fashioned way and it'll be like the flu.

Go Omicron!
So why are we rushing to get a vaccine for Omicron?

So why are we rushing to get a vaccine for Omicron?
Because scientists tend to be smart and were able to sequence its RNA before knowing how bad it is or isn't. With that info, they can create a omicron-specific mRNA vaccine. Merely slip the new snippet of mRNA into the same preparation,

They actually did that for other variants like beta that petered out, and so no vaccine was ever needed. If that is the case here, then it is a good thing.

Just as the effort to make a vaccine for SARS1 over a decade ago went forward and the outbreak was contained before it was ever needed. That effort and the knowledge gained made Operation Warp Speed much more doable.

Because scientists tend to be smart and were able to sequence its RNA before knowing how bad it is or isn't. With that info, they can create a omicron-specific mRNA vaccine. Merely slip the new snippet of mRNA into the same preparation,

They actually did that for other variants like beta that petered out, and so no vaccine was ever needed. If that is the case here, then it is a good thing.

Just as the effort to make a vaccine for SARS1 over a decade ago went forward and the outbreak was contained before it was ever needed. That effort and the knowledge gained made Operation Warp Speed much more doable.
Are we going to have to start taking jabs all over our bodies like drug addicts? We’re going to vaccine away flu season.

Flu vaccines have always waned in effectiveness after 4-6 months, but outbreaks are seasonal, so once a year in the Fall is good.

Maybe once a year in the Fall will be needed for COVID. If so, why not match the vaccine as best as possible to the dominant strain in the Field?

I get blood draws at the doctors office pretty regularly. I'd guess twice a year. That is way more difficult than a poke in the arm.

My Dad and 3 Uncles fought in the trenches and/or at sea in WW2. And we can't freakin' get vaccinated or wear a mask?

Reactions: Bill4411
Flu vaccines have always waned in effectiveness after 4-6 months, but outbreaks are seasonal, so once a year in the Fall is good.

Maybe once a year in the Fall will be needed for COVID. If so, why not match the vaccine as best as possible to the dominant strain in the Field?

I get blood draws at the doctors office pretty regularly. I'd guess twice a year. That is way more difficult than a poke in the arm.

My Dad and 3 Uncles fought in the trenches and/or at sea in WW2. And we can't freakin' get vaccinated or wear a mask?
Yes we can get vaccinated. But it should be each person’s choice!

I am not an anti abortion fanatic, but no damn way you should argue a woman has the right to kill her baby but an individual can’t choose whether to get the jab without losing their job.

If Omicron has infected everyone, then (hopefully) we will have achieved herd immunity the old fashioned way and it'll be like the flu.

Go Omicron!

Mark, are you saying Omicron is like a natural vaccination which protects even those against being vaccinated?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT