ADVERTISEMENT

Who wants to beat the fake Mike Woodson down on the free board he

The thing is...

...Peegs will likely give the same speech in a day or two. It's over.

And thats fine but we don't need someone like him telling us

how to act. It's the same 4 or 5 guys. The Spa, Mike Woodson, BecauseIknow, YOTHN only ones in favor of him being coach.

It's only just begun....

Once it's announced or known that CTC is definitely coming back...it's going to get even more cuckoo. For awhile anyway. It should keep me entertained for hours.

giphy.gif

I am starting to wonder if maybe there is a back room deal...

Crean stays so we can get Stevens next year. I mean really that has to be what is going on, because I can't think of any other reason he would still be here.

Timing will be better for Brad next year anyways 3 years into a 6 year deal and still struggling with the Celtics. Move back to Indiana take over the Hoosiers win a few championships and sail off into the sunset.

Holy heL...

...what the heck is that gif? It's completely freaking me out.

Helluva conspiracy theory

In all actuality, much like our elected officials in government the admin at IU lives somewhat in a bubble. There is a vast world beyond these message boards.....although it doesn't feel like it most days.

You'd like to think that...

...but honestly I can't imagine Brad Stevens (coach of the BOSTON FREAKING CELTICS) making even the tiniest hint of commitment that he'd be available in a year. I just don't see it.

If Glass is playing a waiting game like that (and he may be) he's doing it unilaterally.

Yeah I hope so but also find it hard to believe BS would say

call me in a year & I'll take it.

I can dream...

and it may put me at peace for another year..

Maybe it was hey I am here for at least another year, but if stuff doesn't turn around by next year I might be looking for a new job. Give me a call after March in 2016 and we will talk.

If they were going to do that....

they'd can Crean in July to lower the buyout and let Buckley coach next year as an interim.

to be fair, mikewoodson2 isn't saying they want him to be coach

I think he's saying that whether you like it or not (and he doesn't like it), Crean is going to be the coach. and he thinks you're an butthole. lol

No way, or if so, Glass is stupid.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Stevens has indicated that he's going to leave the Celtics no matter what after the end of next year. If he did give his word directly to Fred Glass, then this all makes sense, but it's hard to believe.

So if this is Glass simply thinking he might be able to get Stevens next year, and turning down an opportunity to get someone like Marshall, then I think he might be making a mistake.

Hell, if I knew for a fact that no matter what, Stevens was coming to IU after the end of next season, I'd wait too.

I'm starting to think the hot girl I never had the guts to ask out in HS...

is perhaps starting to wonder about me. Maybe she social media stalks me for a bit, sees I'm doing pretty well, and starts to think the relationship with the guy she married right out of high school has run its course.

So she's ready to get divorced so she can move to my city and rededicate her life to giving me morning blow jibbers, cook dinner for me every night, and during the rest of her day practice hot yoga.

Since we're all entertaining delusional fantasies, I thought I would drop a coin in the wishing well too.

Well he is probably right about that. But we should be able

to voice our displeasure. To me there are only like 5 people who still support Crean over there.

If it's a waiting game...then all is lost.

The IU Admin. has been down this road before, anybody else remember the extra year Davis got...?

My God, if I didn't know better, I'd almost think they were doing all of this on purpose. No one, and I mean no one, could make this many bad decisions, this often, for such a prolonged period of time, and not be consciously trying to do so.

Actually, thinking back, this is EXACTLY what they wanted to do. It all started with Brand making efforts to "deemphasize" athletics...

...and here we are...

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Yeah...

...if only Mama Cass had shared half her ham sandwich with Karen they'd both still be delighting us today.

It's a message board. What does one expect?

I agree with you on being able to complain. Ziz laid it out perfectly.

If that's the end result

Than it will be much like the time Homer Simpson was elected union president and fell ass backwards into getting Burns to cave to the union's demands. It won't be because Glass is some sort of mastermind.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

no, he's not saying it, in fact he tries to say he doesn't

but he does. I think it's someone who has a tie to TC somehow.

I think that's the nuttiest idea yet. If you want BS and have any shot at

him, to me it's now or never. He's got the C's in playoff contention with an NBDL roster this year. What do you think is going to happen when he starts to get some draft picks and players next year? They aren't getting worse, or he's not the coach everyone thinks he is. He is. They'll have a much better record and team next year.

I really think it boils down to FG has too much invested in TC with the extension. I think that was a FG special and he doesn't want to look stupid now, having to eat the big fat turd he laid 2 years ago, right in front of everyone. Saving face, plain and simple.

This post was edited on 3/24 5:55 PM by kkott

Hey, Ziz, thanks for posting what a lot of us (most?) are

thinking.

I would like the Crean defenders to list the "pre/in game" things that Crean does well. Using Crean and any form of the word defend in the same sentence just seems wrong.

I'm resigned to the probability that he is going to stay.

The reason no change will happen

Glass was only going to fire CTC if he missed the NCAA, or post season badly, or had more issues off the court. He made a big stand to honor contracts a while back and gave CTC the big extension. Glass would be going against his own standard and catch blame for extending a contract to a ridiculous length based on little data. If Crean had been here 10 years and had 7 years of unquestionable success in a row, then the extension would have been a good thing. Crean had one good year and in the middle of his second when he got the mother of all deals?

Glass can point to the low expectations and that we surpassed them as a reason to stay on course. Of course he would be ignoring that CTC created the low expectations. I thought we were capable of 21 or 22 wins. For me, we were under expectations. Better defense and play in the last 10 games would have surpassed my expectations.

Don't look for a change until 2017 unless we fall flat next year. This is why I am going to stop calling for a change. Nobody is listening and I am already tired of complaining. I will continue to point out roster concerns and questionable coaching. It would be better to call for a new AD. Glass has too much invested in Crean.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT