ADVERTISEMENT

Who the hell is Charlie Becker?

This is the one recruit I’d really like to see IU get. He is that prototypical rangy white kid who seemingly every other team has and they end up destroying us. The kid with the Colts beat our secondary like a drum when he was on Cincy and played here at Memorial Stadium. .Charlie Jones was another. Back in the day it was Kolesar at Michigan.

This is the one recruit I’d really like to see IU get. He is that prototypical rangy white kid who seemingly every other team has and they end up destroying us. The kid with the Colts beat our secondary like a drum when he was on Cincy and played here at Memorial Stadium. .Charlie Jones was another. Back in the day it was Kolesar at Michigan.
Five catches for 86 yards is hardly beating us like a drum.

Finally took a couple minutes to watch his Junior year highlight reel... Kid has some serious wheels. He had to adjust to many of the passes on that reel. When he was hit in stride, it was game over. Being that size and being able to make people miss that easy / shake off tackles...I'm thinking this guy was definitely under the radar. Big get here.

Also, loved the block he made at the end of the reel. Drove the defensive player about 15 yards back and planted him into the ground, lol! Gotta love that from a wideout!

The point of my idiotic post was the huge headline on home page seemingly over-hyping this guy. I'd never heard of him and thought that was a bit too much. Now that he's a Hoosier, I say HELL YEAH! Let's go Charlie!!

Finally took a couple minutes to watch his Junior year highlight reel... Kid has some serious wheels. He had to adjust to many of the passes on that reel. When he was hit in stride, it was game over. Being that size and being able to make people miss that easy / shake off tackles...I'm thinking this guy was definitely under the radar. Big get here.

Also, loved the block he made at the end of the reel. Drove the defensive player about 15 yards back and planted him into the ground, lol! Gotta love that from a wideout!
Got some speed, got some size. A combination always in demand in Bloomington.

Are you serious?

"Toyed with our secondary" and yet only had 5 catches!

Yea, that makes sense. 🤦‍♂️
5 catches for 5 big plays...sounds like they should have passed to him more.

Yea, 5 isn't much but we weren't exactly able to stop him.

Anyway we should try to stay on topic.

Becker looks like he has the tools. Hopefully he is being severely underrated

Are you serious?

"Toyed with our secondary" and yet only had 5 catches!

Yea, that makes sense. 🤦‍♂️

As the OP mentioned, they were 5 huge catches for 1st downs that kept drives alive for Cincy and one resulted in a TD.
Once again, Allen’s “shutdown” defense was made to look bad.

As the OP mentioned, they were 5 huge catches for 1st downs that kept drives alive for Cincy and one resulted in a TD.
Once again, Allen’s “shutdown” defense was made to look bad.
That would put him in line with at least one receiver for each of our opponents that year

LaPorta Iowa. 5 catches for 83 yards
Hatten, Idaho, 10 catches, 94 yards, 2TDs
Sterns, WKU, 7 catches, 82 yards
Dotson, PSU, 8, 84, 2
Smith-Njigba, OSU, 6, 99
Carriere, MD, 8, 134, 2 (they had a 2nd receiver that had 5 for 102)
Johnson, UM, 5, 108

I’m going to quit there but we only had three games that year where at least one receiver didn’t have a game comparable to Pierce. He is likely going to be a good NFL receiver , but we gave up yards to many who won’t be. I hope this is a better year.

Reactions: DANC and vesuvius13
I saw on Hoosier Huddle that Becker went out for track to help improve his speed. He won the state in 110 meter hurdles, 300 meter hurdles and the 4x100 relay team. Not bad for a football guy wanting to increase his speed.

I saw on Hoosier Huddle that Becker went out for track to help improve his speed. He won the state in 110 meter hurdles, 300 meter hurdles and the 4x100 relay team. Not bad for a football guy wanting to increase his speed.
Becker is faster than many poster think and he fits with the increased speed IU is going after. He shows he is willing to work hard to get better and I am excited to see him at IU. The team for the 2023 season is much faster than before and I want to see how they can do this year with the competitiveness they showed in the Spring.

Found the results of the TN State finals. He ran the 110m hurdles in 14.51. 110m is roughly 120 yds. When you consider his 4.4 40, the guy not only has speed, it’s sustained speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT