ADVERTISEMENT

Who replaces this great group next year?

Hoosiergreg

Benchwarmer
May 24, 2003
I assume that Halstead will be back, right? And Effross. And, hopefully Will Coursen-Carr finds his stuff again. But who replaces Schwarber, Travis, and DeMuth? Who do we have in the pipeline? Any idea where we will be projected in the B1G next year?
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

We should be strong in pitching next year...

with or without Hart and Halstead, hopefully with.

Can't comment about the guys coming in.

We still have three .300 hitters coming back in Nolden, Hartong and Donley. Rodrigue really hit a wall, going from .310 to finishing .264. We need to get his confidence back. Ramos started to come on later in the year to finish .260. Dedelow had a few moments, and did a great job in the last game. We should still be able to compete.

Finding guys with the power and dynamics of Demuth, Schwarber and Travis...that may be many moons coming. I hope not.

Pitching will be solid..

I assume Halstead and Hart are both back. There is also a stable of young guys ready to throw. Skip loves to save his young pitchers.

As for hitters, we have a strong core coming back. Our entire starting outfield will be back, along with our starting SS and 2B.

We have some guys on the bench (Alfonso, Cangelosi, Clark, etc) that are def chomping at the bit to get out there.

Further, I know we have 2 big bats (OF and 1B) coming in next year. I am not saying they will ever make it to Btown, but if one of them does, it will be very helpful.

Re: Pitching will be solid..

Who are the big bats coming in? Its hard to get free recruiting info for baseball outside of the top 100

Re: Pitching will be solid..

Josh Ockimey, a lefty power-hitting, mainly 1st baseman and already 6'4" 225 pounds. But as he said, he very well may never make it to Bloomington as he may get drafted too high/offered too much $$ to turn down.

Logan Sowers 6'3-6'4" OF from Lafayette.

Both kids could get a lot of time next year (IF) they make it to school.

I just hope we get 1 of those 2 on campus

If we get both of them....The Bash Brothers are back.

Based on what I've read, and it has been alluded to below, Coach..

Smith is concerned that he could lose both incoming freshmen Josh Ockimey (1B) and Logan Sowers (OF) to the MLB draft starting tomorrow. Both players could help fill the power gap for next year's team, but both could be drafted high enough that they couldn't pass up the opportunity to sign with a MLB team.

Skips out on the road in Lafayette and Gary. The draft is tomorrow.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

My crystal ball is cloudy on that. We'll have to see how it plays out**

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT