ADVERTISEMENT

Who’s The “Executive Privilege” Expert?

Steve Bannon?

Does anyone expect Garland's DOJ to enforce contempt charges against Garland? Hell, they didn't against Jim Jordan.

@CoHoosier?

What are the real rules? Does a President ever win one?
I think the Executive Privilege claim is hogwash. No way is a prosecuting attorney’s interview of a president the kind of meeting executive privilege is intended to protect. Hur was not part of the White House staff.

In Colorado this would be a criminal justice record and it becomes public once the case is finished. The documents case against Biden is over.

There is only one reason why the audio is not made public. It embarrasses Biden. Garland is a political hack and is using his position to help reelect Biden.

There is only one reason why the audio is not made public. It embarrasses Biden. Garland is a political hack and is using his position to help reelect Biden.

In that case it should be classified and a national security concern, shouldn't it?

I think the Executive Privilege claim is hogwash. No way is a prosecuting attorney’s interview of a president the kind of meeting executive privilege is intended to protect. Hur was not part of the White House staff.

In Colorado this would be a criminal justice record and it becomes public once the case is finished. The documents case against Biden is over.

That’s the only reason Republicans want the audio - they hope to use it for political purposes. That’s political hackery, right?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
That’s the only reason Republicans want the audio - they hope to use it for political purposes. That’s political hackery, right?
Depends on what is on the audio. Isn't this the interview that led to the prosecutor indicating he wasn't fit to stand trial? If so, that wouldn't be political hackery to me. That audio potentially contains evidence of Biden's lack of ability to do his job.

(If these are different charges, I rescind the above)

Depends on what is on the audio. Isn't this the interview that led to the prosecutor indicating he wasn't fit to stand trial? If so, that wouldn't be political hackery to me. That audio potentially contains evidence of Biden's lack of ability to do his job.

Republicans have the transcript and the report. We need nothing else for any reason other than politics. They shouldn’t be asking.

None of that has anything to do with oversight of the DoJ.

No. Now that the investigation is finished, the audio is a public record. It makes absolutely no difference what the fallout might be in terms of making a public official look bad.

The GOP probably only want it to expose Biden’s feeble mind. So what? There is no ”embarrassing “ exception to disclosure. In fact the purpose of transparency laws is to enlighten the public about these things.

So what? This isn’t an oversight question, except that somebody needs to make the ask. If push comes to shove, the media should request the audio be made public.
Of course it is. It's what the committee is claiming as their authority.

More about this:
Garland said to the committee as he asserted executive privilege:

“The Committees’ needs are plainly insufficient to outweigh the deleterious effects that productions of the recordings would have on the integrity and effectiveness of similar law enforcement investigations in the future,”​
Garland did not support his assertion with any argument. The committtee is not required to demonstrate need. Garland’s argument is irrelevant.

The essence of executive privilege is:

Although there are various and distinct components to executive privilege,2 the privilege’s foundation lies in the proposition that in making judgments and reaching decisions, the President and his advisors must be free to discuss issues candidly, express opinions, and explore options without fear that those deliberations will later be made public.3
There is absolutely no conceivable way this interview touches on any aspect of a president’s decision-making process. All Garland needs to do is delay disclosure until after the election. He has done that, and the media will never hold him accountable.

This is one of many reasons why this election is already rigged.

No. Now that the investigation is finished, the audio is a public record. It makes absolutely no difference what the fallout might be in terms of making a public official look bad.

The GOP probably only want it to expose Biden’s feeble mind. So what? There is no ”embarrassing “ exception to disclosure. In fact the purpose of transparency laws is to enlighten the public about these things.
So you were fine with all the stonewalling and invoction of Executive Privilege that occurred under the Trump Admin? Like for example during the first of his record setting two impeachment trials? Didn't hear you do any skawking then...

"In the House’s first impeachment inquiry, the Trump Administration refused to comply with any congressional requests and subpoenas for documentary and testimonial evidence. The White House, the Vice President, the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of State, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Energy failed to produce a single document in response to over 70 requests or demands for records from the House committees. Twelve top Administration officials refused to testify, including ten in defiance of subpoenas."

Hell Trump even tried to invoke EP as a former POTUS when he tried to sabotage the DC and MAL investigations. Btw, Trump's stonewalling is a major reason the indictments were so delayed. Convenient to do everything you can to delay a criminal procedure then turn around and whine that the case should have been brought a year earlier...

So you were fine with all the stonewalling and invoction of Executive Privilege that occurred under the Trump Admin? Like for example during the first of his record setting two impeachment trials? Didn't hear you do any skawking then...

"In the House’s first impeachment inquiry, the Trump Administration refused to comply with any congressional requests and subpoenas for documentary and testimonial evidence. The White House, the Vice President, the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of State, the Department of Defense, and the Department of Energy failed to produce a single document in response to over 70 requests or demands for records from the House committees. Twelve top Administration officials refused to testify, including ten in defiance of subpoenas."

Hell Trump even tried to invoke EP as a former POTUS when he tried to sabotage the DC and MAL investigations. Btw, Trump's stonewalling is a major reason the indictments were so delayed. Convenient to do everything you can to delay a criminal procedure then turn around and whine that the case should have been brought a year earlier...
A few things.

You don’t understand the limitations on congressional oversight authority.

You don’t understand the fundamental difference between an audio recording of a president’s interview with special counsel, and documents and people specifically related to the duties and functions of the office of President.

Your post has zero to do with Garland using executive privilege to provide cover for Biden’s campaign.

A few things.

You don’t understand the limitations on congressional oversight authority.

You don’t understand the fundamental difference between an audio recording of a president’s interview with special counsel, and documents and people specifically related to the duties and functions of the office of President.

Your post has zero to do with Garland using executive privilege to provide cover for Biden’s campaign.
Your last sentence is precisely what is happening. Sad

Republicans have the transcript and the report. We need nothing else for any reason other than politics. They shouldn’t be asking.
Words on a page aren't always reflective of how things were said. Is this the case where the prosecutor refused to move forward because he was not competent enough to be put on the stand? If so, something caused the prosecutor to come to that conclusion....

Words on a page aren't always reflective of how things were said. Is this the case where the prosecutor refused to move forward because he was not competent enough to be put on the stand? If so, something caused the prosecutor to come to that conclusion....
That’s not exactly what the report said. It was that he didn’t think he should be prosecuted and even if they did Biden was an elderly guy with occasionally poor memory and would be a sympathetic figure to a jury. In any event they couldn’t have prosecuted him until he’s out of office.

ORRRRRR there was nothing that happened to cause the prosecutor to decide to not prosecute, and the cover up isn't about joe's mind, but the power of the swamp to make sure everything is done behind closed doors. They do not want us questioning their superiority. aloha's post made that quite clear that some are perfectly fine slurping up the scraps that our over lords decide to allow us to have each day.
Where the rubber meets the road, THEY WORK FOR US !!!! sad that ex military command would willfully allow our employees to become rulers and treat us like underling minion.
That single post was the end all be all to all questions that many of us have been trying to find answers too. The riddle has been solved, as far as I can tell.

ORRRRRR there was nothing that happened to cause the prosecutor to decide to not prosecute, and the cover up isn't about joe's mind, but the power of the swamp to make sure everything is done behind closed doors. They do not want us questioning their superiority. aloha's post made that quite clear that some are perfectly fine slurping up the scraps that our over lords decide to allow us to have each day.
Where the rubber meets the road, THEY WORK FOR US !!!! sad that ex military command would willfully allow our employees to become rulers and treat us like underling minion.
That single post was the end all be all to all questions that many of us have been trying to find answers too. The riddle has been solved, as far as I can tell.
WTH? It’s amazing how often you get me wrong. I’ve made it clear many times over the years that the government works for the American people, not the other way around. Your logical thinking ability is shot to hell.

WTH? It’s amazing how often you get me wrong. I’ve made it clear many times over the years that the government works for the American people, not the other way around. Your logical thinking ability is shot to hell.
You made a living, being trained to follow lawful orders. There is absolutely nothing acceptable with the above statement, in the civilian world, that is at the pinnacle of needing the utmost Governmental oversight, in the history of our great nation.
You may have been trained to blind trust and perform... (and it's obvious in your post retirement life, which is not a slam at all, just an observation), but Blind trust in the swamp has us on the edge of a civil war and I (and millions of others) are not in the blind trust business any longer. They work for ME ! show "your" work. Nothing less, nothing more .

You made a living, being trained to follow lawful orders. There is absolutely nothing acceptable with the above statement, in the civilian world, that is at the pinnacle of needing the utmost Governmental oversight, in the history of our great nation.
You may have been trained to blind trust and perform... (and it's obvious in your post retirement life, which is not a slam at all, just an observation), but Blind trust in the swamp has us on the edge of a civil war and I (and millions of others) are not in the blind trust business any longer. They work for ME ! show "your" work. Nothing less, nothing more .
Sorry, but you seem to be pretty nutty. Everything you post is ridiculously wrong. I don’t understand how or why you keep doing it.

That’s not exactly what the report said. It was that he didn’t think he should be prosecuted and even if they did Biden was an elderly guy with occasionally poor memory and would be a sympathetic figure to a jury. In any event they couldn’t have prosecuted him until he’s out of office.
Not really. It was implied that almost anyone else would've been prosecuted in this situation but Biden was just too elderly and senile to stand trial. If he was 20 years younger he would've been.

Not really. It was implied that almost anyone else would've been prosecuted in this situation but Biden was just too elderly and senile to stand trial. If he was 20 years younger he would've been.
No, that's just how you're spinning it.

Your take on just about anything is wrong because you get every false "fact" and ridiculous "analysis" from stupid Trumpster Twitter Twits.

You can read the report yourself and the first two sentences of the Executive Summary are:

"We conclude that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter. 1 We would reach the same conclusion even if Department of Justice policy did not foreclose criminal charges against a sitting president. 2"

Read and stop posting Trumpster spin on it:

Your take on just about anything is wrong because you get every false "fact" and ridiculous "analysis" from stupid Trumpster Twitter Twits.

You can read the report yourself and the first two sentences of the Executive Summary are:

"We conclude that no criminal charges are warranted in this matter. 1 We would reach the same conclusion even if Department of Justice policy did not foreclose criminal charges against a sitting president. 2"

Read and stop posting Trumpster spin on it:

Wrong again.

"President Biden “willfully retained and disclosed classified materials,” special counsel Robert Hur found in a bombshell report released Thursday — though Hur recommended against criminal charges, in part because a jury might well view Biden as an “elderly man with a poor memory.”"

And Aloha, when you tell the board you take the mishandling of classified documents very seriously we all know you are full of shit.

"Biden, 81, flouted legal restrictions on keeping sensitive documents throughout his 36 years in the Senate and after his eight-year vice presidency — stashing them in cardboard boxes “surrounded by household detritus” in his garage in Wilmington, Del., and other locations, the 388-page report said.

Investigators even uncovered a recording of Biden confiding in his ghostwriter Mark Zwonitzer in April 2017, three months after leaving the vice presidency, that he still had official records because “I didn’t want to turn them in” — sounding similar to former President Donald Trump, who faces 40 criminal charges and up to 450 years in prison for resisting handing over documents after leaving the White House in 2021."

Wrong again.

"President Biden “willfully retained and disclosed classified materials,” special counsel Robert Hur found in a bombshell report released Thursday — though Hur recommended against criminal charges, in part because a jury might well view Biden as an “elderly man with a poor memory.”"

And Aloha, when you tell the board you take the mishandling of classified documents very seriously we all know you are full of shit.

"Biden, 81, flouted legal restrictions on keeping sensitive documents throughout his 36 years in the Senate and after his eight-year vice presidency — stashing them in cardboard boxes “surrounded by household detritus” in his garage in Wilmington, Del., and other locations, the 388-page report said.

Investigators even uncovered a recording of Biden confiding in his ghostwriter Mark Zwonitzer in April 2017, three months after leaving the vice presidency, that he still had official records because “I didn’t want to turn them in” — sounding similar to former President Donald Trump, who faces 40 criminal charges and up to 450 years in prison for resisting handing over documents after leaving the White House in 2021."

You're full of crap. I'm on the record saying HRC, Biden, Pence and Trump were all wrong to have these documents in their possession. I'd be good with prosecuting all of them, but Biden couldn't be prosecuted until after leaving office. I've said HRC should have been prosecuted. Also, in terms of how egregious the cases are Trump's is many times more egregious than the others. HRC's is the least egregious. Pence and Biden are about the same, but many times less than Trump's. The person consistent on the issue is me. The hypocrites are people like you.

Second, read the GD report yourself and stop linking spin about it. Yes, he shouldn't have retained those documents, but the conclusion was:

So STFU you tiny brained hypocritical little Trump sycophant. I have no patience for you. Don't you have Trump's shoes to lick?

It’s a public record. There should be no need to ask. Garland is gaslighting with his executive privilege nonsense. Garland is the hack here.
I've changed my opinion. Is this a first for any poster on the WC? ;)

I think the audio should be released. I haven't changed my opinion that the Republicans want them released for purely political purposes, but I'm buying the argument that if the transcript is a public record, the audio should be too.

• Haha
Wrong again.

200.webp

Five House Republicans ignored subpoenas. Biden’s DOJ didn’t prosecute any of them. Get out of here with that weak sauce. LOL!
Peter Navarro is rotting in the gulag right now. Meanwhile, countless Dems have purjured themselves in front of Congress with zero repercussions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT