ADVERTISEMENT

Where is this season headed?

What do you think is the most likely scenario?

• IU wins seven to nine regular season games.

• IU wins 10+ games but does not play in the B1G championship game and is not selected for the CFP

• IU wins 10+ games, plays in and loses the B1G championship game and is not selected for the CFP

• IU wins 10+ games, plays in and loses the B1G championship game but is still selected for the CFP

• IU wins 10+ games, plays in and wins the B1G championship game and receives an automatic CFP bid

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bowlmania

Hall of Famer
Sep 23, 2016
Trying to keep it real and not taking things out to January. Let's get through October and the first College Football Playoff rankings on Tuesday November 5.

I don't have "IU wins 10+ games, does not play in the B1G championship game but is still selected for the CFP" as an option as I don't believe that's a plausible scenario.

One option not on here: Win 10+ games, don't play in the BIG championship, but DO make the playoffs. It's not likely, but it is a scenario that could happen.

Sidenote, a whole bunch of top 25 teams lost today. Looking forward to see where we are ranked next week.
I addressed that in post #1.

Hard to believe that, as a third place (or lower) conference finisher, we’d be CFP-ranked higher than a bunch of other at-large teams, particularly with our SOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
I was trying to find some info on strength of schedule, assuming ours has been relatively easy. There's probably good info out there somewhere, but this article was from earlier this week and said NW was our easiest game remaining. I'm not sure how that would be expected to be easier than PU, but I do think the hardest games are ahead for IU. Definitely a fun year but hard to say how it will work itself out. One game at a time I suppose....

I was trying to find some info on strength of schedule, assuming ours has been relatively easy. There's probably good info out there somewhere, but this article was from earlier this week and said NW was our easiest game remaining. I'm not sure how that would be expected to be easier than PU, but I do think the hardest games are ahead for IU. Definitely a fun year but hard to say how it will work itself out. One game at a time I suppose....
Sagarin’s most recent rankings had our SOS at #146 nationally. That ranking will improve as the competition gets tougher, but we got a break with the schedule in 2024, for a change.

For the benefit of people who can’t see the poll results because they didn’t vote, 25 have voted so far with the first option (IU finishes the regular season with seven to nine wins) in the lead.

Btw, I didn’t provide “IU finishes the regular season with six wins” as an option because it’s close to statistically impossible that this team loses six straight, particularly with PU on the schedule.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Sagarin’s most recent rankings had our SOS at #146 nationally. That ranking will improve as the competition gets tougher, but we got a break with the schedule in 2024, for a change.
We could conceivably go 11-1 without a win over a ranked opponent.

Not sure I want to play OSU twice.

Reactions: Bowlmania
OSU and PSU will probably play in the championship. Every one else I think we could beat. Not saying we will be 11 -1 but it’s possible. 10 wins and a 3rd place finish would probably get us in.

OSU and PSU will probably play in the championship. Every one else I think we could beat. Not saying we will be 11 -1 but it’s possible. 10 wins and a 3rd place finish would probably get us in.
Don’t forget Oregon. I have them in the Big Ten championship game with Ohio St.

Reactions: Bowlmania
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT