ADVERTISEMENT

6-0, dare we start talking about it?

IUPaterade724

Senior
Oct 30, 2006
We are in the midst of something special this year, in year one of CCC. I don't know what the future holds for W/Ls, or for how long CCC will be here, but I am going to enjoy this wild ride while it lasts. Go Hoosiers!

How many IU records will be broken this year?

Last edited:
We are in the midst of something special this year, in year one of CCC. I don't know what the future holds for W/Ls, or for how long CCC will be here, but I am going to enjoy this wild ride while it lasts. Go Hoosiers!

How cool is it that iu is bowl eligible at the beginning of Oct

Yeah, we made a really bad offense look pretty good. That’s concerning. Glad our next game is home.
Our D wasn't stellar today but I think NW is better than their record and offensive stats show. They are well coached and it seemed to me that the bye week had really benefitted them. Their QB is settling in and made some great throws. They have a couple of really good backs and still struggled to run the ball against us. Their O-line protects well and the QB can make plays with his athleticism. They also have speed at WR. They are going to win some B1G games.
What impressed me most is that their defense has been really good and they still couldn't stop us.

Bowl eligible! I mean at worst IU can do this season is play a Mac school in Detroit? I'd take that at beginning of the season. It gets tough from here on out, Still feel 7 wins wouldnt be disapointing but after this start I sure am looking for 8 or 9. Just trying to be realistic.

Bowl eligible! I mean at worst IU can do this season is play a Mac school in Detroit? I'd take that at beginning of the season. It gets tough from here on out, Still feel 7 wins wouldnt be disapointing but after this start I sure am looking for 8 or 9. Just trying to be realistic.
You need to watch more Cignetti press conferences.

No self imposed limitations!!!

If I was forced to wager on a self imposed limitation, I'd pick 4-2 to finish. 10-2 . (Which still feels unreal in a good way.) If we go 3-3 and finish 9-3, I won't be disappointed and we could do worse. Of course we haven't won any of them yet. And why limit it? What would Cig say? Stack good days and prepare for Nebraska.

Last edited:
The bye week couldn't have come at a more perfect time. Honestly thought we were looking a little sluggish out there today.
Sluggish, but yet still managed to score 41 on supposedly the best D we’ve faced so far?

No, 7 wins would be extremely disappointing, because it would mean the only team we could beat in the last 6 games was a shitty Purdue team. I’d be scratching my head and wondering were we really any good? 10 - 11 wins and that answer is a resounding yes.

Reactions: IUgradman
Indiana is a team that could go 11-1 based on their offensive firepower. When you have an elite level offense as IU does, your defense can be average and still win just about every game on the schedule.

Ohio State is the only game where our approach probably won't work. Their 20 million dollar payroll is hard to overcome...

With Yeagley Jr. at the helm, not a difficult feat.
You're the same guy who tried to tell us IU Soccer hasn't accomplished anything since it became a varsity sport in '73, despite being the most successful D1 soccer program in the country since then.

Yeagley "Jr" as you call him, has won 5 conf championships, 5 conf tournaments, 14 straight NCAA tournament appearances, 6 NCAA tournament quarterfinals, 5 College cups, NCAA runner up 3 times and has won a natty since he took over in 2010. He has winning percentage of .702. We're having a down year. It happens.

Did someone on the soccer team steal your girl at some point? Was it Todd Yeagley?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT