ADVERTISEMENT

We’re going bowling boys!

Our defense is our weakness.

Belicheck's son is the DC at UW. Think Bill helps him out?
Not sure. The next 4 games are going to be difficult to win and the defense needs to play better. They struggled setting the edge today and constantly allowed Northwestern to get the ball outside in space. Putting that aside we are a physical team (for IU standards), well coached, and Rourke can sling it. So…f#ck it, we’re the best damn team in the country.

Nebraska, Washington and MSU are beatable and so is Purdue. If we can win 3 of those four, it would be a great season. If we can win two more, it would be a very very good season.

I like that we have a week off to rest and ready
Outside of OSU in Columbus, I don’t see a team that IU won’t legitimately compete with.

Purdue sucks. And at least this year, IU is on the level of most the other remaining B1G teams on their schedule.

With Alabama going down at Vandy there is a playoff spot open . . .all we gotta do is win out.

It we win out, it wouldn't matter if Bama lost today or not.... we'd be in regardless and probably a top 4 seed (that would be with wins against OSU and Michigan plus whoever would play in the conference championship).

If we win 10 games, we're gonna be in the discussion. Frankly, I'm just happy to be bowl eligible this early into the season and not have to wait until the Purdue game to get our 6th win.

We have a non-zero chance of beating Michigan.
Michigan isn’t that great this year. They benched their QB yesterday in their loss to Washington. And they can’t steal signs anymore. I feel like that’s a game Cig wants bad. And it’s there for the taking.

Reactions: UncleMark
Ferentz never left Iowa. Bielema leaving Wisconsin set him back 10 years.

Let's wait and see.
I have to think at 63 it’d take a lot to pry him away from IU. I don’t know what his contract is like - is there a buyout?

Not saying it won’t happen - some of those SEC schools desperate for a winning coach can back up the Brinks trucks - but I feel like IU might be in the drivers seat in keeping him around.

Reactions: larsIU
I have to think at 63 it’d take a lot to pry him away from IU. I don’t know what his contract is like - is there a buyout?

Not saying it won’t happen - some of those SEC schools desperate for a winning coach can back up the Brinks trucks - but I feel like IU might be in the drivers seat in keeping him around.
Were Cignetti to resign from his position before the end of his contract, he would owe Indiana a continuously decreasing amount of money in the contract’s lifespan:​
>> $8 million until Dec. 1, 2024.​
>> $6 million the year after.​
>> $4 million the year after​

If you read the article, he has made and can still make a lot of incentives. Oh, and has already added a year to his contract.

I know I'm projecting (as are those who think differently) but I don't think money is going to be his primary motivator.
I think I’m projecting in a similar way you are. Based on what I’ve read and heard, I think he likes the idea that IU gave him a shot to build something special at a power 5 school.

Who knows though. He’s 6 games into his first year at IU.

Last edited:
I know I'm projecting (as are those who think differently) but I don't think money is going to be his primary motivator.
I’m going to drop it after this as it’s silly to be Debbie downer when good stuff is happening but it doesn’t have to be about money. Florida Florida state is different in every way from iu and if you wanted to test yourself it’s a different experience

Reactions: BradStevens
Outside of OSU in Columbus, I don’t see a team that IU won’t legitimately compete with.

Purdue sucks. And at least this year, IU is on the level of most the other remaining B1G teams on their schedule.
IU should be favored in all those games except OSU and there I think the spread will be < 6

Take the points!

I’m going to drop it after this as it’s silly to be Debbie downer when good stuff is happening but it doesn’t have to be about money. Florida Florida state is different in every way from iu and if you wanted to test yourself it’s a different experience
Speaking of Debbie Downer, i remember last year’s FSU bowl game. Would IU have that problem?

Ferentz never left Iowa. Bielema leaving Wisconsin set him back 10 years.

Let's wait and see.
Agreed- watching Cig interviews he does not strike me as one that would enjoy an even brighter spotlight. I think he can be very happy to build a program at IU and be left with his statue next to the cannons.

Many FSU potential NFL players skipped the bowl game to avoid injury. FSU got waxed.

Caleb Williams and others did that too. FSU was the worst.
Yeah but when they’re rocking the experience is nothing like iu. The state. Care. Interest. Florida as well. Recruiting. He left jmu where he was rolling. Ambitious people want to test themselves. And he’s young. 60 is the new 40.

Guys who crap out at the top settle a level down. Often. But ambitious people climb. Florida and Indiana don’t compare

Reactions: BradStevens
Many FSU potential NFL players skipped the bowl game to avoid injury. FSU got waxed.

Caleb Williams and others did that too. FSU was the worst.
They were playing a meaningless bowl game. If they’re in the playoffs, guys will play.

Until they can come up with a legit way to curb it, most players with NFL aspirations are going to check out of what are essentially exhibition bowl games.

Were Cignetti to resign from his position before the end of his contract, he would owe Indiana a continuously decreasing amount of money in the contract’s lifespan:​
>> $8 million until Dec. 1, 2024.​
>> $6 million the year after.​
>> $4 million the year after​

If you read the article, he has made and can still make a lot of incentives. Oh, and has already added a year to his contract.
The buyout is irrelevant. Any school willing to poach him will pony up the money to buy him out.

Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Was at the game today. A workmanlike win in a weird, windy environment. Hoosiers showed out, probably 50/ 50 crowd (I realize it’s Northwestern).

11-1 is a real possibility.
Agree we haven't played any really good teams. But we've basically beat the shit out of everyone.

10-1 season incoming... Then the D3 school at the end.

I'm with UncleMark...feck OSU lets drop "Darkest Day" version 2.0 cubed on them and the rest of the league.

Look gang, I’m 100% in on Coach Cig Cignetti. I got a shirt even. HOWEVER, we need to discuss his hair color for man of 63.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT