ADVERTISEMENT

When will there be an announcement

Again: Crean is 2-16 against Wisconsin. On top of that he has a losing record against every conference foe besides Rutgers and Penn St. This is not about one season.

You are counting the first three years in that, which is agenda driven. Those were total rebuild years. In the last five years, who has the most outright Big Ten championships?

One guy. Tom Crean. Not Tom Izzo. Not Thad Matta. Not Bo Ryan.

Its called clickbait. Have fun watching games in an empty AH next season with a handfull of your friends if he is retained

LOL. It won't be empty and you know it. Glass knows it, too. Do you know how many times lunatics here on this site and others have made this claim and it never happens? Empty threats, because at the end of the day most of the logical fans are supporting the team and the kids that have the word Indiana on the front.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
LOL. It won't be empty and you know it. Glass knows it, too. Do you know how many times lunatics here on this site and others have made this claim and it never happens? Empty threats, because at the end of the day most of the logical fans are supporting the team and the kids that have the word Indiana on the front.
You mean like how the balcony's were empty the last month of the season

Think I saw something where Crean was out recruiting last night. If hes going to be back next season then you would think Glass wouldve come out already. Lets not let this thing linger anymore.
I remember Ftball coach Lee Corso was recruiting in Ft Wayne (Football) and was driving back home when he heard on his car radio that he had been fired by I U...

Maybe Crean & co ( inc. Glass) were actually set up by opposing UK & Pu as part of a ongoing secret late 90's operation. Maybe even with a cool name too like 'no blood left' . Where what was known to be a slow and very thought out infiltration into the program that included such main objectives as ridding knight,setting up shady coaches, and ultimately destroying the integrity of the entire university to the point of fan base division. I'm telling you ,who says its not possible, and what about Russia
I think Russia hacked them....

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984

Crean still sucks.

You mean like how the balcony's were empty the last month of the season

I attended a few games, they weren't empty. Were they down, yes, but don't exaggerate as it doesn't help your argument. Attendance is down for the NCAA something like 10 straight years across the country. IU has managed to buck that trend for the most part.

I attended a few games, they weren't empty. Were they down, yes, but don't exaggerate as it doesn't help your argument. Attendance is down for the NCAA something like 10 straight years across the country. IU has managed to buck that trend for the most part.
Next year will be very ugly if the Creaner is still the coach at IU.

It is not dumb to want consistency in BB program's performance. We are very inconsistent and not very fundamentally. We have struggled defensively year in and year out. We were 320th in turnover margin this year. We were not even 500 in the conference. You can say injuries, one and done, or graduation but what matters is results. When you are in the real world results matter. No one say well we will try harder next year. Face it Crean has not produced consistently results for the last 5 years. We are not elite. It starts with coaching and recruiting. We are average at best. It is time to make a change.

You must really hate Indiana basketball to get such joy out of its current state. A nice .500 season next year will probably puff you up something fierce.

No, but I'm a realist. Two key injuries. I enjoyed last year immensely while some of you cried in your soup. I don't think next year will be a .500 season, but something much better, if we stay healthy.

No, but I'm a realist. Two key injuries. I enjoyed last year immensely while some of you cried in your soup. I don't think next year will be a .500 season, but something much better, if we stay healthy.
IU still started 2 Mickey D AA and several top 50 to 100 players. This team DOES NOT lack talent. Wait and look at many of the rosters of the teams that make the real tournament and tell me how many of the 68 rosters are set up better than IU's.

I'm not sure Jones is truly admitting to him self just how bad it will be.
The reason in recent seasons it wasn't as bad was BC not everyone was really on the same page, maybe some here, some there, and some in the middle, let alone within each of those groups fans having their own stipulations,etc etc....
But that notion has drastically shifted over the past season for the first time ever in all the other seasons combined....
and Iu fans on that side of the fence are clearly wearing chain balls.
Believe what you will, but I follow social media sites more then a 14 year old girl, and I can tell when it comes to the iu fan base on the anti Crean side (which is beyond overwhelming mind you) ive never seen so many agreeing at the rate theyre agreeing at.
They said the same thing about Trump and look at that landslide that took place.
It will be pretty bad

Last edited:
You can not like this brand of basketball. Turning it over on 25% of your possessions is not fundamental BB. Not stopping dribble penetration is not fundamental. Not having more Indiana kids on your roster than MI is a crying shame. Missing out on all the Indiana kids in the top 50 is daunting admission that HS coaches know something is rotten. Jones you are showing you ignorance. I noticed you said you attended. I bet you did not graduate.

You are counting the first three years in that, which is agenda driven. Those were total rebuild years. In the last five years, who has the most outright Big Ten championships?

One guy. Tom Crean. Not Tom Izzo. Not Thad Matta. Not Bo Ryan.

So, extend him, right? Sounds like you think 4 more years at $4M+ per is in order.

9 years with all those conference titles, and he never took IU past the S16.

He had his chance. It's time to move on.

You can not like this brand of basketball. Turning it over on 25% of your possessions is not fundamental BB. Not stopping dribble penetration is not fundamental. Not having more Indiana kids on your roster than MI is a crying shame. Missing out on all the Indiana kids in the top 50 is daunting admission that HS coaches know something is rotten. Jones you are showing you ignorance. I noticed you said you attended. I bet you did not graduate.

25% of our possessions we turn it over? Why so many lies? Just argue the points, it really will help your cause. We have 73 possessions per game. Do the math.

I graduated, two degrees.

So, extend him, right? Sounds like you think 4 more years at $4M+ per is in order.

No, I would not extend him, but wouldn't fire him this year.

25% of our possessions we turn it over? Why so many lies? Just argue the points, it really will help your cause. We have 73 possessions per game. Do the math.

I graduated, two degrees.
The turnover % would be even higher then? Do the math. Go away as you are one who is not a true fan. I am done with you. You obviously get off playing devils advocate.

They didn't extend him last year after a Big title. Not sure how they could do it this year. I think Glass is willing to have him stay another year or if Crean decides he can't succeed without some certainty he will leave. I think they are trying to see who blinks first.

Reactions: UncleMark
The turnover % would be even higher then? Do the math. Go away as you are one who is not a true fan. I am done with you. You obviously get off playing devils advocate.

15 turnovers in 73 possession is 20.5%. That's lower. I would be done with me too if basic mathematical skills are not your strength and you don't wish to be embarrassed.

That is still makes us dead last in turnovers in the conference and around 30th in the country.

Yes, but no need to lie with faulty data. What's the point? Make arguments with truthful comments. Alt facts reign strong here. The turnovers this year were terrible. Last year they were more than respectable.

15 turnovers in 73 possession is 20.5%. That's lower. I would be done with me too if basic mathematical skills are not your strength and you don't wish to be embarrassed.

You may win the math award for the day, but 15 TOs per isn't exactly helping your case.

Yes, but no need to lie with faulty data. What's the point? Make arguments with truthful comments. Alt facts reign strong here. The turnovers this year were terrible. Last year they were more than respectable.

"More than respectable". lol

Let's aim a little higher.

Reactions: NickStromboli
I remember a case study in biz school about how GM ran the Cadillac brand (from the 50's / 60's era) into the ground through a series of bad decisions - mostly trying to cut costs by sharing too many components, poor quality, cheap parts. Cadillac has never been thought of as the same. It's an old persons car.

An updated version of that case could be how IU ran the IU BB "brand" into the ground through a series of horrible coaching hires. Only old people (mostly) think of IU as elite. People can't even bring themselves to EXPECT truly great results nowadays. They are "unrealistic".

One image that brings to mind is the movie Blue Chips back in the 90's. Indiana was cast as the "great" team that Western played, not Duke/UNC/Kentucky/etc. Think of how laughable it would be to be watching an updated version of that movie and to have Crean pacing the sideline of the opposing team.

My belief is that it could be turned around with the right coaching hire. An elite coach. Here's to hoping that happens.

Reactions: cmsnow84
You may win the math award for the day, but 15 TOs per isn't exactly helping your case.

I said it was terrible, but merely pointing out the lie the other guy came with. No need to lie, just state the case with facts. Not hard.

I remember a case study in biz school about how GM ran the Cadillac brand (from the 50's / 60's era) into the ground through a series of bad decisions - mostly trying to cut costs by sharing too many components, poor quality, cheap parts. Cadillac has never been thought of as the same. It's an old persons car.

An updated version of that case could be how IU ran the IU BB "brand" into the ground through a series of horrible coaching hires. Only old people (mostly) think of IU as elite. People can't even bring themselves to EXPECT truly great results nowadays. They are "unrealistic".

One image that brings to mind is the movie Blue Chips back in the 90's. Indiana was cast as the "great" team that Western played, not Duke/UNC/Kentucky/etc. Think of how laughable it would be to be watching an updated version of that movie and to have Crean pacing the sideline of the opposing team.

My belief is that it could be turned around with the right coaching hire. An elite coach. Here's to hoping that happens.

Who's the elite coach that is coming? That's all I ask. Who's this imaginary person?

I have been there every home game for the last 9 years and yes, the balconies have been mostly empty the last 2-3 years. Crean won the B10 last year with the easiest schedule possible. If you take out all his wins versus teams such as Savannah St, Kennesaw Mountain State, Bryant, Houston Baptist, etc., his record at IU is a sizzling 106-134. That is not suitable for a school like IU. He is in way over his head and no one at IU looks prepared to do anything about it. It is beyond sad....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT