ADVERTISEMENT

What's in store for us in 2015?

I hate the Jets

But I'm a fan of Rex Ryan, whose players love him. Give that guy a quarterback, and he could be dangerous.

His most obvious options are San Francisco, Chicago, and Atlanta, all of which have QB questions. The Bears may be his worst option, with an overpaid and untradeable Jay Cutler just a butt fumble away from killing another coach. The Niners are probably the most complete team, but I think Colin Kaepernick is irretrievable. That leaves the Atlanta Falcons, with an iffy QB in Matty Ice, but an exceptionally easy division.

I think Rex is actually a very good coach. It will be interesting to see which fixer upper alternative he chooses.

Matt Ryan is fine . . .

Phil Simms and Chris Mortensen call Matt an "elite" QB, for whatever that's worth.

The problem with the Falcons is that they've invested all their salary cap money in Ryan and Julio Jones . . . the Oline and defense are bad, real bad. Give Matt a semblance of an NFL Oline plus just an average running game and he's stellar, a money QB, especially at the end of the game. No Oline and he's gotta make impossible plays too often . . . Rex is definitely a candidate down here because Ryan's a preordained QB.

If I were an Atlanta fan , , ,

I'd be very happy to land Rex Ryan, particularly if he has a say in personnel.

He'd need some say in personnel . . .

the talk down here is that Dimitroff needed to go, even if the Falcons retained Smitty. Smitty got a standing ovation from his players when he met with them to tell them he'd been fired. My guess is that Rick McKay couldn't fire Dimitroff without admitting to Blank that he wasn't up to being President of the Falcons.

Smith would be a good coach for someone to pick up if they've got a good personnel guy already . . . .

Figures

J-E-T-S
Jets Jets Jets!

NSAPJN5AL_EXTR.JPG

Perhaps some wil talk about

impeachment, but there won't be any real effort.

Before you could get through the mess of pursuing impeachment, Obama would be out of office.

Don't bet with Aloha. You'll lose $100 or maybe a LOT more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT