ADVERTISEMENT

What makes a person likable??

NPT

Aug 28, 2001

I was just reading the above article and a couple stuck out that really makes a person unlikable to me:
  • They don't try to impress.
  • They don't preach
To be honest I kinda combine those two because I been around too many people who preach trying to impress others on how much they know. No matter the subject they know all about it and I immediately know that they don't know sh$t.
All the other things are important but those two are the two that stood out to me.

I was just reading the above article and a couple stuck out that really makes a person unlikable to me:
  • They don't preach
To be honest I kinda combine those two because I been around too many people who preach trying to impress others on how much they know. No matter the subject they know all about it and I immediately know that they don't know sh$t.
All the other things are important but those two are the two that stood out to me.
There are maybe 2 likeable people on these boards based on those criteria

• They don't preach
There are two things my bride tells me she doesn’t like about me — I don’t listen and … what was the other?

There are two things my bride tells me she doesn’t like about me — I don’t listen and … what was the other?
That's kinda funny because my wife says I don't listen. However, when she's doing stuff she talks to herself and then asks me a question in the middle but I've tuned her out a long time before and don't hear the question. It's gonna be silent here for the next two weeks because she left for Japan on Sunday and will be gone two weeks.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I'm not gonna ask. 🤣 🤣

Seriously, do you think poster's persona on the forum represents who they really are?
Unless someone is intentionally being a troll then probably not far off. Maybe I’m delusional but I don’t type anything here I don’t say in an average day around real people that I know

Reactions: UncleMark

I absolutely get what you're saying and agree 100%.

is there an extra negative in there?

Or do you only like people who are always preachy and who always try to impress?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT