ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most prestigious award any of you D-bags has ever won?

Getting my degree was prestigious for me...

Wasn't easy considering I have a learning disability which made study that much more difficult.

Feel and Look are almost irrelevant to me.

I really just want to know how it tastes. I miss being able to just plug in one half ass number to remind myself that I've had something and whether I liked it or not. I've also been unable to post a couple scores because I've deviated too much when I thought a couple beers really sucked. No BA awards for me I guess.

3X Johnson County Golfer of the year...Whoopee!!. Also won

the Optimist Free throw shooting contest in 5th grade, hitting 25-25 in the finals. Placed 2nd and 3rd in that event 2 other years.

22 US Patents

I was also the MVP on my 6th grade football team. I held the 400m record the year our school changed from yards to meters.

Ditto.

No idea what "Feel" means as it relates to how well I like a beverage or don't like a beverage, and "Look" is a given, right? You know, it "Looks" like a beer.

I got away with giving Tiberian Inquisitor a 1.5, which is the 2nd lowest rating I've given, IIRC, next to the 1.0 I gave to Bud Light.

Don't recall any recollections of

Of what color her eyes were......

But they did say the her buckshot could outrun any boy AND have a better pattern..... I wish I would have went with them....
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Mostly Tamper Evident, Dispensing and Child Resistant Caps

Some bottle designs. If you have a toilet bowl cleaner, Listerine, or certain juice products, you have one of my designs.

Reactions: HOOS13R
A Peer recognition award

Nominated by the people I work with. I think I got $500 net and a card.

That was nice.

Advanced Applied Explosives and Breaching

from the Naval Special Warfare Center

This post was edited on 2/3 12:16 AM by iubhounds

The Hammond Park in Whiting?? Is that right?

Anyway I think that is where the park is, I am not from "the region". It's November 1971, cold snowing ... went to Hammond with friends on my Teter dorm floor that were from Hammond. Playing sandlot football, I was hit on the last play of the game and I remember hearing my collarbone break ... it sounded just like breaking a chicken bone.

Needless to say the rest of the semester at IU sucked wearing that brace pulling my shoulders back, so the collarbone could heal.

Congrats on your award .... you should have walked on the IU football team ... not even knowing the year you played ... any year would have been good.

RiverRaid.jpg

Reactions: HOOS13R
1977 NBA hotshots competition regional finalist

Lost to a kid named Scott Skiles at halftime of a Pacers game. Got to be a ball boy that night though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

2 time regular season conference champions in basketball

Tournament champion one of those years. We went undefeated that year.

MVP 4 years in a row for swimming.

Did you happen to work at the Alcoa plant in Richmond

that made "bottle caps"/closures for food and drugs?

2nd place cotillion dance trophy in 6th grade.

I was fabulous. Only reason my partner and I didn't get first place was because she was just ok. I carried her the entire competition.

WEB_0228_masthead.jpg

Law school...

Remember first year, when every student is concerned about their rank after 1st semester grades? Civ Pro, Crim Law, Contracts, etc.?

Well, nobody was expecting much from me. To be fair I was a horrible student. Rarely went to class. Always partying or playing b-ball. Yeah, that guy.

So a couple weeks before 1st semester finals I show up to a group study session which included a bunch of my friends...but a bunch of other, more studious types, too. I just thought I could show up and it would be no big deal.

Well.....no sooner than I sat down the leader of my group...still a good friend of mine to this day but at the time we had basically just met...says to me in front of everybody: "we'd just assume people who have nothing to offer the group not be a part of this, and we'd like you do leave."

Ouch.

So, I studied on my own...and when 1st semester grades came out I was ranked 19th out of 120....higher than all but a few in that group and way higher than any of my buddies in the group...a 3.3 GPA...all B+s.

Sounds melodramatic, but everything changed for me that day. However, some things got worse - namely class attendance, contempt for certain personality types, doing things conventionally, working with others, etc. lol

Re: The Hammond Park in Whiting?? Is that right?

I am actually from Merrillville but my dad was from Whiting and my Mom was from Hammond so I spend a lot of time there. The Hammond Times gives out this award to top athlete in Northwest Indiana (The Region) and the South Side of Chicago.

There are a bunch of parks in that area and Whiting and Hammond border each other. Wicker Park is in Hammond and if you were playing next to the lake it could have been Whiting Park. It is always cold there in November (glad I live in Raleigh now) and breaking a collar bone is actually pretty common in football, I have seen it happen a few times- I am sure it was not a fun way to spend the rest of the semester.

Regarding walking on at IU- I graduated from high school in 1982 and received some great advice from my football coach at the end of the season. He basically told me that I had an outstanding high school career but I wasn't going to play professional football and that since a had strong grades that I should go play somewhere that academics would be the most important thing. I ended up choosing DePauw over Wabash, Rose Hulman, Butler and Brown and played all three sports for the four years I was in school. I actually have a letter from Dennis Green from when he was at Northwestern that I held onto that they couldn't offer me a scholarship due to my physical development- so not sure I would have played at IU.

Well done sir....

...I hated group study sessions and rarely went. There was always a douchenozzle "know it all" (like outside "fender" shatter) who would dominate the discussion....more times than not they were incorrect about what they were arguing.

I always studied by myself....with the TV on......quiet always put me to sleep.

Nice story. I like how you held onto Dennis Green's letter.

I'm assuming then you never did play any sports professionally? What did you do to satisfy your competitive nature?

this is a sore spot for me...

because I'm the only male in my immediate family who can't lay claim to a significant basketball award or trophy. My dad was all state, all county and city player of the year his senior year in high school. My brother's basketball team went to back-to-back state championships, winning his senior year.

Me? I got nothin'. My basketball career was basically IU basketball sirca 1996-2000.

I did win a Gus Macker tournament in high school. I still have that trophy, but it's buried somewhere in storage.

^^^^^^^^^^^A true anal expert is among us^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I hope I never have to do another colonoscopy again in my life. To this day I refuse to ever drink another Sierra Mist. The mix of that with Go Lightly (or whatever they gave me) will for ever make me nauseous (kind of like a Clockwork Orange effect).

Cotillion? Where'd you grow up? I'd never heard of that til I moved to NC

and thought it was a "Southern Thing". I don't believe we did that on the Southside of Indy, but maybe just not on the "redneck" side of the tracks. We had both our kids do it and I thought it was a good thing for kids to do. Predictably, my daughter liked it, and my son hated it. Believe it or not, some friends of ours bumped in to Vanna White when they were hosting Cotillion for their daughter! She was there visiting her nephew.

This post was edited on 2/3 11:34 AM by kkott

Hold on, you were on the team and you're saying it wasn't enough

because other members in your family received some personal awards? I think most of us would be honored enough to just have played for IU. Head up bro, I think that's a fine accomplishment. At least you didn't take home the MIP award for only hitting the ball once.

This post was edited on 2/3 9:10 AM by Eppy99

In the third grade, I was the spelling bee champion.........

at my school. I won a confectioner's sugar egg. You know, those ones that are all decorated up and include a little window that includes a miniature scene of some sort on the inside. Kind of like a Faberge' candy egg.

I promptly ate it not realizing it was more for "show" than "blow."

Sadly, at 57 years on this planet, this is the pinnacle of my award category.

McHoop

It is not a disability....

it is a superpower. I said the same thing DJ, then I just realized I saw things differently than others. After I accept my inabilities, I discovered I had a lot of true abilities that exceeded what other people could do or think. Now I focus on my strengths and try to pass my weaknesses off on to someone else. We just are not the "standard" human which is why I suck at standardized test.

Great job on the degree that is a great accomplishment. Now you just need to unleash your superpower.

I still remember the word I missed in my 3rd grade spelling bee. It

was apricot, I spelled it with two p's.

sorry for the confusion...

I most definitely did NOT play for IU. I was merely saying my basketball playing days yielded the same amount of trophies as the aforementioned era of IU basketball.

Not to brag, but I won the "Big Stick" award on my HS baseball team.

Also team MVP. All-County & All-Conference junior and senior years.
This post was edited on 2/3 9:45 AM by I FAN U

so you are the a-hole...

whos name I should be cussing every time I go to open a bottle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT