ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most prestigious award any of you D-bags has ever won?

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I must say my life must be pretty pathetic because outside of some corporate pieces of paper that said I've done a great job, the only thing I can think of is a most improved player award in baseball in 3rd grade. Mind you I was a pretty awful baseball player so to win this award only required I make contact with the baseball at least once instead of my usual strike out. I mostly blame this on bad eyes. I ended up needing glasses that same year.

Now as for what prestigious award would I most aspire to win. I suppose in somewhat particular order:

1) Nobel Prize - probably for peace, economics or literature in that order

2) Medal of Honor or Purple Heart, Legion of Honor (not French, but I like the name and it'd be cool to win an award founded by Napoleon

3) Olympic Gold Medal in Hockey sounds pretty awesome and I don't even follow the sport

4) Golden Boot award in the world cup - score that many goals and I'm sure you could score all the ho's you'd want

5) Oscar for Best Picture - if you could convince all those Hollywood a-holes you made the best picture that must account for something

6) A Pulitzer, Caldecott, or Newberry award for literature would be pretty cool. I'd love to have a book with one of those prestigious seals on it.

I was awarded best...

...costume at my cub scout halloween pack meeting. I dressed as a pickle. Must have been around 1970.

That was pretty much my peak, awards wise.

Best Performance Inside Your Mom.

I consider it the most prestigious given the large field I was up against.

I also got a bowling trophy when I was 7.

This post was edited on 2/2 5:56 PM by HA2740

Re: Best Performance Inside Your Mom.

Given the large field yes that's pretty prestigious, but not as much as the AVN award your mom received for best bestiality scene.

Bowling trophies are always pretty cool.

longevity awards are for losers

Unless it's cash.

I have a 10 year award somewhere in my junk drawer. They did give me a $50 Amex gift card though, jerkoffs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Coach's Award, 1980 South Bend Washington football team .....

Voted on by the coaches and the players, it was awarded to the player who most exemplified what it meant "to be a Panther."

The trophy is cheap as crap, and it looks like it was inscribed by IUT, but I'd nut and gut anyone who tried to harm it.

I should also mention that our team stunk that year: 4 - 6 for a school that had won 5 state championships, including the first state playoff in 1973 (I was at that game as a 10-year-old with my Dad, and it's still one of my favorite memories). But it still gets dusty in the room when I remember hearing my name called at the team banquet.

Reactions: sbendhoosier
Best Palate at the presitigous 2013 Midwest Beer Fest....

comments I heard as I hoisted the golden teku glass were....

Dude can palate the crap out of a beer...

He can palate with the best of them....

Due's palate won't quit...

His palatability is exceptional!

I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Re: Yes they did, My buddy and his

and his dad used to shoot there all the time. The Dad ran the main frame computer for all the facilities (the best way I can describe it).

Anyway, one of the most OTF type stories of it was that there was a certain very gifted (yes both with a gun and with THE guns) shooter there, a female that was one hell of a shot. Anyway, the story was always about the practice round with them all on the 15 yrd line and they would call for two birds. With her on the line they would always call out "show me a pair".

Anyway, I spent about 6 years shooting trap and loved it, but life got in the way. ..... OH BTW, I hate the 25th bird, its made me scream several times. GD Bird..

National Scholastic Gold Key Finalist

for a colored pencil drawing I did my senior year of HS. We were presented the awards at the Circle Theater in Indy and our pieces were sent to the National Competition in DC (Just placed in the National portion. Oh well). That and I was selected by my prof my Jr. year of college to be part of a new Artists show at the Nexus Gallery in Atlanta, GA. I had three pieces in that show. Soooooo, not much. I still enjoy making artwork in various mediums and two of my kids are better than I was at their ages, especially my daughter. She's ridonkulously talented. And no, don't even think about it you deginerates. She's 13.

I won the chili cook off at our corp office

a few years ago. Both dark and light red kidney beans. You jag offs can suck it. vbg

Third place sports story

for weekly. Hoosier State Press Association for article about our local high school team and big rival in triple O.T. Sectional title game.

That's very cool.

We know who to go to if we need a hit done. How do you feel about travelling to the New England area? Vbg

I shot with her

Great skeet shooter. Big tattas. ..face was broke. She won a Pan Am gold medal in the early 2000s. Pretty sure my buddy banged her though he always denied it

Not very prestigious but...

Best female swimmer of the year
Valedictorian of my middle school lol
Highest bangs senior superlative (ha!)
Selected as soloist for the Circle of Lights event in downtown Indy
Awarded the Owens Corning fellowship and the Gardner fellowship

Indiana Mental Attitude Award in golf

Won the tournament as well, but, even then, the mental attitude award was just as cool.

Gotta question my mental attitude now though considering I frequent this cess pool.

Reactions: kkott
Hammond Times Athlete of the Year

For athletics- Hammond Times Male Athlete of the Year- 1982

Many great athletes have won it- Rudy Chappa, Tim Stoddard, Antwaan Randle El (2X), Dan Plesac, Quinn Buckner and then somehow I made the list as well.

This post was edited on 2/3 8:17 AM by DPU88

Reactions: kkott
That's pretty impressive, what sport(s) did you play?*

I've said it before

after your post about your Dad and the We Hate Kentucky posts, but dude, you really could write for a living, IMHO. The awards that come from your peers and coaches/educators that you respect always mean so much. Especially in the moment when you're 17 or 18 years old. That had to be a great memory with your Mom and Dad as well. That's what life is about.

Sports Writer

I always wanted to go into that field, Scribe. I Always made straight As in my journalism and composition classes in HS, but I'm sure I couldn't have held a candle to your writing. Very cool. Hope you're doing well.

Re: That's pretty impressive, what sport(s) did you play?*

Football (1st team all-state safety) wrestling (2nd place in state) and Track (ran the 800 meter in state championships but only placed about 10th).

Major awards.

around 4th grade I won a medal in 4H for photography and went to the state fair with my entry. My entry was pictures of me taking care of my evil little bastard cockatiel. Meanest animal I ever owned.

I won MVP at a small soccer camp when I was in 7th grade or so, but it was kind of like Kramer in karate. I was the oldest at the camp by 2 or 3 years as the rest of the participants were all on my brother's travel team. I went just to have fun.

I made it to the quarter finals in an appellate oral arguments competition in law school. That was kind of fun, especially beating a good friend in one of the rounds.

Do you rate stuff on BA?

I do. I think I know a little bit about beverages.

And I have no idea what "Feel" means.

At all.

But I always plug in a value. Which tells you what you should think about my beverage ratings on BA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT