ADVERTISEMENT

What is Brohm selling? PU got 2 more 4-stars in the last hour

I produced an article that proves you were wrong. Why not be a man and admit it.

He says one thing, coaches everywhere but IU before 2016, recruits heavily from the south, not Indiana. Just listen to what he says in an interview, not pay attention to his actions, right? I'm not saying he wont stay at IU 20 years. But if each of IU and Purdue win 20 games over the next two years, both schools are looking for new coaches, not just Purdue.

If you read that and think it as anything other than coach-speak, you are delusional. Of course he is going to say it's his dream job before he coaches a single game as permanent head coach. What else is he going to say?
Please stop. You're losing whatever credibility (not much) you have left.

I produced an article that proves you were wrong. Why not be a man and admit it.
The article does not prove me wrong. Coaches and players tell the media what they want to hear all the time without it being factual. Apparently only you believe everything you hear and take as gospel. It's all about the company line at that point.

The only fact here is that Allen definitely said that IU was his dream job. Is it really? I certainly don't know. But a press conference isn't a Marc Maron interview or a private conversation caught on tape. I think he was being honest, and I think he'll probably be at IU for a long while if he has success. But who really knows whether or not IU is where he wants to be for the long haul.

Reactions: 82hoosier
Any way to lock this thread and move on.

The thread title alone merits a lock....:cool:
Why do you think it needs to be locked? Can you not just ignore the thread and not read it if you’re not interested? I think more action/posts the better on this board. I’ll never understand why people can’t just avoid threads they’re not interested in.

If nothing else CTA has a son on the team that has four years of eligibility, which is enough of a reason to stay. He wears his heart on his sleeve and has stated that this is his dream job. He prides himself in building personal relationships with his players and encourages them to do the same. He is from Indiana and shares coaching roots with his father here. He has the support of the vast majority of the fan base. He has new facilities coming on line. He really likes his job.

Look at all of the coaches that move to a new environment and fail miserably. Any school that CTA might consider would have higher expectations, a much worse support network and by definition would be a program in disarray where the coach has been fired.

Yet some will say that this is more likely than not his dream job. What else can one say?

PT as a selling point is incredibly overrated. Most recruits aren’t going to play a live snap for a team until at least 2 years after they commit. In two years time the team won’t look anything like it did when they committed. Plus injuries happen. Even if a team looks like it will be full up at a certain position injuries can change that real quick.

Point being that I don’t think having PT available alone will lead to recruits lining up to play for someone. If it did then rutger would be top of the B1G in recruiting every year.

If those recruits don't play quickly, that team is in trouble.
What are you... a mystic?

The article does not prove me wrong. Coaches and players tell the media what they want to hear all the time without it being factual. Apparently only you believe everything you hear and take as gospel. It's all about the company line at that point.

BS. Link one other coach that has stated his new job is his "dream job".

Take your time, I will wait.

Visited both schools after growing up in the northeast and Purdue reminded us of DC and my family and I fell in love with the campus and community. I totally respect and get the appeal and love for IU and Bloomington but the IU default button always seems to be the same Purdue is ugly BS and spin.

No, I have been on both campuses multiple times and PU is UGLY.
As previously stated, it might be beautiful to someone that likes brick, concrete and parking garages.

It is somewhat ironic that a school that prides itself on agriculture has almost NO green space.

No doubt........did Brohm say at his PC that Purdue was his dream job?
Lol. Good point! Also, there's no reason to doubt Allen's sincerity or veracity when he made the "dream job" comment. Yet the suggestion by a couple of these posters (who are either chronically negative or simply don't know their ass from their elbow) is we shouldn't believe what we hear, read or see. Amazing.

No doubt........did Brohm say at his PC that Purdue was his dream job?

I don't think anyone is pounding the table saying that. But in the USA Today article the interviewer asked if it was Tom Allen's dream to be head coach at IU. Is he going to say no? He didn't bring it up, it was presented to him as a question. If I am interviewing for a job and someone asks where I want to be in 5 years, I tell them what they want to hear. Having a Kirk Ferentz or Pat Fitzgerald is damn rare, they are just about the only 2 coaches in 5+ year tenures not competing for a NC at least every few years.

So we want a coach that no one else will come after rather than hiring a great coach and enjoying the time we have with them? And if you have confidence in the AD making another good hire it doesn’t matter if a good young coach leaves.
It doesn't matter. I like the hire. IU is not going to get a marquee hire for football. Brohm was just as much of a gamble as Allen IMO. Whats Brohm done except taken a little school to success. Brohm would NOT have made a bowl game last year with IU's football team or schedule!

Look at Dan Hawkins....HOT coach from Boise. Notre Dame was after him. He landed at the Buffs and failed. There are several others the same. Allen was a couple seasons away from being in the same situation as most successful coordinators, a strong candidate for a head coaching position. Fred had the vision to see that and with the Indiana ties and obviously the way coach Allen carries himself Fred pulled the trigger. If we go backwards the next couple of years then a change needs to be made.

Allen has already won more than half the battle. It did not take a rocket scientist to see that we were worn down last year at the end of games and we had a ton of injuries. He made a sensational hire in Ballou. The S&C position IMO is one of the strongest hires a head coach can make. They spend more time with the players than the coaches. ALL the players have bought in and have given huge accolades to the progress they have made under Ballou.

He also grabbed, late in the recruiting cycle, 2 guys from Florida that Florida State was after and landed them here at IU. Didn't see Brohm do anything like that last cycle! He also brought in some excellent high ranking grad transfers this year to put us in an excellent position. He has also started off this year with some excellent recruits (arguably the best recruiting start in years at IU) .

So you can keep arguing and spinning the past but it does not matter. Allen is doing a fine job and unless he falls flat on his a$$ he has my full support and so does Glass for making the hire.

It doesn't matter. I like the hire. IU is not going to get a marquee hire for football. Brohm was just as much of a gamble as Allen IMO. Whats Brohm done except taken a little school to success. Brohm would NOT have made a bowl game last year with IU's football team or schedule!

Look at Dan Hawkins....HOT coach from Boise. Notre Dame was after him. He landed at the Buffs and failed. There are several others the same. Allen was a couple seasons away from being in the same situation as most successful coordinators, a strong candidate for a head coaching position. Fred had the vision to see that and with the Indiana ties and obviously the way coach Allen carries himself Fred pulled the trigger. If we go backwards the next couple of years then a change needs to be made.

Allen has already won more than half the battle. It did not take a rocket scientist to see that we were worn down last year at the end of games and we had a ton of injuries. He made a sensational hire in Ballou. The S&C position IMO is one of the strongest hires a head coach can make. They spend more time with the players than the coaches. ALL the players have bought in and have given huge accolades to the progress they have made under Ballou.

He also grabbed, late in the recruiting cycle, 2 guys from Florida that Florida State was after and landed them here at IU. Didn't see Brohm do anything like that last cycle! He also brought in some excellent high ranking grad transfers this year to put us in an excellent position. He has also started off this year with some excellent recruits (arguably the best recruiting start in years at IU) .

So you can keep arguing and spinning the past but it does not matter. Allen is doing a fine job and unless he falls flat on his a$$ he has my full support and so does Glass for making the hire.
I quit reading when you said definitively that Brohm would not have made a bowl game last year at IU. You have absolutely no way of knowing that. He not only went to a bowl game last year, but won a bowl game, with a roster much worse than IU’s. The crimson glasses can be very blinding.

I quit reading when you said definitively that Brohm would not have made a bowl game last year at IU. You have absolutely no way of knowing that. He not only went to a bowl game last year, but won a bowl game, with a roster much worse than IU’s. The crimson glasses can be very blinding.
Well I forgot Brohm waves his magic wand and depth, injuries, and S&C all changes in a heartbeat...WTF was I thinking? Nobody could have taken last years team bowling IMO with the way the team was conditioned, the OL, and the injuries. Not to mention a schedule that was as brutal as ever!

Immediate gratification not what it is cracked up to be? With all due respect and being a fan for many decades, how would an IU football fan know that or anything related to immediate gratification?

If Allen was ASKED if IU was his dream job then that changes everything and I will change my position and agree most coaches are going to say yes.
The article given by Bowlmania definitely did have it asked and answered as such. Let me be quick to point out, it was answered as "dream opportunity" not "dream job". Could it be he has other "dream opportunities" somewhere else as well? I just don't put much stock into words by coaches because there's a good chance they are bluffing. If you and others read my second link up above you'll see why.

Reactions: fpeaugh
The article given by Bowlmania definitely did have it asked and answered as such. Let me be quick to point out, it was answered as "dream opportunity" not "dream job". Could it be he has other "dream opportunities" somewhere else as well? I just don't put much stock into words by coaches because there's a good chance they are bluffing. If you and others read my second link up above you'll see why.
you're right. i remember him saying dream opportunity. not dream job. if he has a dream job out there, lets hope he does well enough here to be considered for that position. whatever it may be.

Brohm had a healtheir team and beat a reeling team in their bowl game.

Reactions: oraclee#22
Glass hired the wrong coach. This is Tiller and Cameron all over again. I don’t like Purdue, but they said “f*** it” and went out and spent big bucks to get a good head coach. Fred went the cheap route.
Get out of here!!!!!!! We definitely have the RIGHT COACH!!! Doing a great job of recruiting high upside athletes and doing things the right way. If people will leave him alone and allow him to do his job, IU football will be a very competitive team now and into the future.
#GOHOOSIERS
#LEO

Reactions: Sassy61 and 76-1
Get out of here!!!!!!! We definitely have the RIGHT COACH!!! Doing a great job of recruiting high upside athletes and doing things the right way. If people will leave him alone and allow him to do his job, IU football will be a very competitive team now and into the future.
#GOHOOSIERS
#LEO

I'm not 100% sold on CTA (about 80%), but he doesn't remind me of Cam, nor Bill Lynch, nor Gary D., and those are all good things.

Reactions: Lillyr66

Brohm had a healtheir team and beat a reeling team in their bowl game.
You only play the team in front of you. Down playing another team does really nothing to improve your own.

IMHO we'll find out what kind of coach Brohm is this year. Purdue's DL and linebacker corps are weaker and thinner than last year, and they weren't hell on wheels last year. The offense should be better, so I think we'll see them play a lot of games with final scores like 45-38. No way will they beat Nebraska, Ohio St, Mich St or Wisky and they'll have their hands full with Northwestern, Mizzou, BC, Iowa, Minny and IU. I say they'll go 5-7.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT