ADVERTISEMENT

What is Brohm selling? PU got 2 more 4-stars in the last hour

Personally never been a fan of IU’s woodsy campus but I do really like downtown btown. The Purdue campus is beautiful these days so I suggest you actually show up for a game and check out the campus and revitalized downtown(still a work in progress).

You don't like woods so obviously you would like the brick, concrete and parking garages at PU. You would also be one of the only people that doesn't like a "woodsy campus".

PU, a beautiful campus??? I am glad you like your school's campus but beautiful, damn man, try to be a LITTLE unbiased.

You don't like woods so obviously you would like the brick, concrete and parking garages at PU. You would also be one of the only people that doesn't like a "woodsy campus".

PU, a beautiful campus??? I am glad you like your school's campus but beautiful, damn man, try to be a LITTLE unbiased.

Visited both schools after growing up in the northeast and Purdue reminded us of DC and my family and I fell in love with the campus and community. I totally respect and get the appeal and love for IU and Bloomington but the IU default button always seems to be the same Purdue is ugly BS and spin.

Last edited:
I am not one of those people who kneejerk hates everything about Purdue. I admit when they do something well. And recently, they have done a lot well. I was in Lafayette about a month ago and visited the Purdue campus and DT West Lafayette. It has come a long way since I was last there. The city, university, and athletics department have had strong leadership while Bloomington and IU are run by idiots. The mayor caved in to the ultra liberal minority and is restricting DT development which is keeping rents artificially high, the city council fights almost every proposal to build housing, Glass is in over his head, and the university president doesn’t care about sports and has overseen a dramatic decline in the school’s academic rankings.

Purdue’s fans suck and always will though. Worst fanbase I have ever seen.

Last edited:
indianapolis.jpg

Not a bad campus, just not a good one

I personally find limestone more aesthetically pleasing than brick, but to each their own. One thing IU has done right is make the campus more beautiful. The Woodlawn Avenue corridor, Informatics building, GIS building, and Kelly and SPEA renovations are very nice. The athletics facilities improvements are quite pleasing to the eye as well.

I am not one of those people who kneejerk hates everything about Purdue. I admit when they do something well. And recently, they have done a lot well. I was in Lafayette about a month ago and visited the Purdue campus and DT West Lafayette. It has come a long way since I was last there. The city, university, and athletics department have had strong leadership while Bloomington and IU are run by idiots. The mayor caved in to the ultra liberal minority and is restricting DT development which is keeping rents artificially high, the city council fights almost every proposal to build housing, Glass is in over his head, and the university president doesn’t care about sports and has overseen a dramatic decline in the school’s academic rankings.

Purdue’s fans suck and always will though. Worst fanbase I have ever seen.

How is glass in over his head?

Visited both schools after growing up in the northeast and Purdue reminded us of DC and my family and I fell in love with the campus and community. I totally respect and get the appeal and love for IU and Bloomington but the IU default button always seems to be the same Purdue is ugly BS and spin.

It’s not BS or spin. I was there in November. The town is dreary, you have bout 3 bars total, your food choices are lacking, and your campus is the same endless grid of brick buildings that it’s always been. Maybe things have drastically changed in 9 months, but I doubt it.

Reactions: 76-1
I personally find limestone more aesthetically pleasing than brick, but to each their own. One thing IU has done right is make the campus more beautiful. The Woodlawn Avenue corridor, Informatics building, GIS building, and Kelly and SPEA renovations are very nice. The athletics facilities improvements are quite pleasing to the eye as well.
There does not appear to be much of a relationship between
the scenic beauty of a campus and the W/L football record,
perhaps inverse.

Reactions: IUgradman
Yes. A national search makes Brohm a candidate and probably Allen too. Why not see who’s interested when making such a big hire?
The hire was made end of story...Brohm would not have been a fit here IMO. Fred went with an Indiana guy and I have to believe even if Allen does become extremely successful he will stay and at least give IU a nod because they gave him one! For those that are debating anything else at this point your stupid! Allen ain't going anywhere for a couple years so get over it.

The pieces are in place for good things with plenty of grad transfers and a great recruiting class. Lets see how the year plays out. Jeeeez!

The hire was made end of story...Brohm would not have been a fit here IMO. Fred went with an Indiana guy and I have to believe even if Allen does become extremely successful he will stay and at least give IU a nod because they gave him one! For those that are debating anything else at this point your stupid! Allen ain't going anywhere for a couple years so get over it.

The pieces are in place for good things with plenty of grad transfers and a great recruiting class. Lets see how the year plays out. Jeeeez!

Why wouldn't Jeff Brohm be a fit at IU?

Why wouldn't Jeff Brohm be a fit at IU?
Because, just like the situation at purdue as soon as he sniffs some solid success he'll be gone. Who wants that? Glass went with a guy that was headed towards becoming a hot commodity and a couple years away from head coach offers. He rolled the dice early and has a guy that could end up being here for years. Nuff said, you can cry in your wheaties all damn day long but guess what Allen is our coach! Why debate it for the 100th time all over again. It doesn't matter!

Because, just like the situation at purdue as soon as he sniffs some solid success he'll be gone. Who wants that? Glass went with a guy that was headed towards becoming a hot commodity and a couple years away from head coach offers. He rolled the dice early and has a guy that could end up being here for years. Nuff said, you can cry in your wheaties all damn day long but guess what Allen is our coach! Why debate it for the 100th time all over again. It doesn't matter!

I would gladly take a couple of bowl wins even if the coach bolted.

I would gladly take a couple of bowl wins even if the coach bolted.
Okay now your saying we would have won a bowl last year if Brohm was coaching? WTF??? Allen is in a great position to take us bowling this year do you still want to throw him under the bus before the season starts?

Not sure about all of this hero worship of Brohm is all about. He got two more wins than Tom Allen in year one. IU had no proven running back, a ton of injuries on the offensive line which was inexperienced to begin with. Lost their best receiver from a year ago. They had a qb that was up and down and then played a freshman who was hurt, a they had some injuries on the defensive side of the ball and played a much tougher schedule than Purdue. Yes they blew the Maryland game and lost head to head to Purdue but I am not ready to say that Brohm is all that much better than Tom a Allen if he is at all
Was Tom Allen being approached by several big time programs for their HC position? It’s not just on this board. Brohm is nationally recognized as a big time up and coming coach. Allen is not. And Allen started in a lot better position than Brohm.

Isn’t it a surefire sign of success that other programs want your coach? And would have been the drawback to meet with experienced head coaches looking to move up? I will agree that IU is on a cant miss position to go bowling this year when th 3 easy out of conference games and then only having to go 3-6 in the BiG to qualify.

So we want a coach that no one else will come after rather than hiring a great coach and enjoying the time we have with them? And if you have confidence in the AD making another good hire it doesn’t matter if a good young coach leaves.

Reactions: IUgradman
And Allen started in a lot better position than Brohm.
Oh sure he did. With two of his first four games against Top 5 (nationally) teams, and with significant injuries over the course of the season to eleven starters.

Oh sure he did. With two of his first four games against Top 5 (nationally) teams, and with significant injuries over the course of the season to eleven starters.
But the IU program was in much, much better shape than Purdue’s, with a much greater talent level, Brohm did more with less, Allen did less with more.

Last edited:
Injuries aren’t common in football are they? They only happen to IU I guess.

No one is making the argument that only IU is affected by injuries, just that they don’t occur consistently across teams/years, and that 2018 was a particularly bad year for IU.

Bit the IU program was in much, much better shape than Purdue’s, with a much greater talent level, Brohm did more with less, Allen did less with more.
A team's not in great shape when it looks like a MASH unit. Point me to some evidence suggesting that any other team in the conference was impacted by injuries to the extent that we were.

You're as full of it now as you were in your previous 20 identities.

Are you an engineer?

Seriously, have you listened to the guy speak? Do you know anything about his background? He's a native Hoosier. His previous stints didn't involve college head coaching positions. This is his dream job, like it was for Coach Hep. If he's successful, he's not going anywhere.
You're asking me those questions after I pointed out his previous quick-to-leave stints? Wouldn't that imply his work history, which would mean I knew all that? You think I live in Alaska or something?

As for your insistence of Allen not jumping ship again, don't be too sure of all that. Not saying it'll happen, but there's very little loyalty these days within the coaching ranks unless you are near or at the top of the food chain. If Allen figures things out here real quick, don't think for a second some bigger opportunities won't arise. It just makes no sense that some of our fans think Brohm will be leaving soon, all while proclaiming Allen will "breakthrough", and yet won't be a candidate to leave for greener pastures.

You're asking me those questions after I pointed out his previous quick-to-leave stints? Wouldn't that imply his work history, which would mean I knew all that? You think I live in Alaska or something?

As for your insistence of Allen not jumping ship again, don't be too sure of all that. Not saying it'll happen, but there's very little loyalty these days within the coaching ranks unless you are near or at the top of the food chain. If Allen figures things out here real quick, don't think for a second some bigger opportunities won't arise. It just makes no sense that some of our fans think Brohm will be leaving soon, all while proclaiming Allen will "breakthrough", and yet won't be a candidate to leave for greener pastures.

It's not like anyone thinks Allen's going to go 12-0. The point is that if both are moderately successful Brohm is much more likely to leave. That does not seem debatable.

I provided sound reasons why it's likely Allen would stay. Obviously there are no guarantees, but his ties to the state make him much less of a "flight risk" (lol) than Brohm. Believe what you wish.

I provided sound reasons why it's likely Allen would stay. Obviously there are no guarantees, but his ties to the state make him much less of a "flight risk" (lol) than Brohm. Believe what you wish.

Your sound reasoning was your opinion that IU is his dream job. He may be from Indiana but his college coaching history and recruiting strategy suggests he doesn't have great ties to Indiana.

It's not like anyone thinks Allen's going to go 12-0. The point is that if both are moderately successful Brohm is much more likely to leave. That does not seem debatable.
But it does leave the door open for both to leave. That is the point.
It's not what I believe, it's the realization of potential possibilities. You seem to think it's Allen's dream job to be at IU. That is more than likely not true.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT