ADVERTISEMENT

What if IU hires a guy who has never been to the NCAA tournament?

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
A guy that could coach but had absolutely no track record in recruiting. A guy who only has been at a school where nobody would ever go if they had any aspirations of playing professionally. A young guy still in his first job.

You are not going to attract the one-and-dones with that guy. The AD would have to stick his neck out and put his own reputation on the line with a hire like that.

It could happen.... Who am I kidding.

A guy that could coach but had absolutely no track record in recruiting. A guy who only has been at a school where nobody would ever go if they had any aspirations of playing professionally. A young guy still in his first job.

You are not going to attract the one-and-dones with that guy. The AD would have to stick his neck out and put his own reputation on the line with a hire like that.

Who are you talking about and why would we even look at him? Dane Fife?

Collins? What makes you think he couldn't get one and dones at IU?

Fife has had head coaching experience, but never been a head coach in the NCAA. I don't know enough to say how involved he was in attracting talent to MSU. I would probably assume kids go there to play for Izzo and not Fife.

He could be a fine coach. Let him be successful at another D1 school first. He needs to hurry. Glass can't keep Crean at IU forever, or can he?

Then I have a chance!!!! Yay Coach Org!

I for one like Mitch Henderson but he will coach his first NCAA tourney game this week at Princeton.

Reactions: cmsnow84
Fife has had head coaching experience, but never been a head coach in the NCAA. I don't know enough to say how involved he was in attracting talent to MSU. I would probably assume kids go there to play for Izzo and not Fife.

He could be a fine coach. Let him be successful at another D1 school first. He needs to hurry. Glass can't keep Crean at IU forever, or can he?

Huh? Head coaching experience but never been an NCAA head coach? He was head coach at IPFW before he took the MSU asst job

I thought more people would bite on this. This was the resume of the guy Indiana hired in 1971. A guy that had only coached at Army. A guy that understood basketball fundamentals. A guy who emphasized defense.

They understand that concept in Wisconsin. Not so much in Bloomington.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT