ADVERTISEMENT

What I need from 2019.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I'm never one to spend much time on new years resolutions, but this year I felt the need to hope for something more this coming year.

In the year 2019, I want to contribute to saving lives. Everyday doctors are saving lives so why can't an ordinary guy like me do the same just by giving a shit?

I've been reading about an amazing American doctor who has basically given up the life of luxury in America and has lived in Ethiopia caring for the most vulnerable children in the world. These kids have Tubercolosis and deformed backs that if not operated on will succomb to a painful death eventually as their backs will collapse onto their lungs. In many cases their parents have orphaned these children at the doorsteps of shelters and hospitals.

I'm not sure what I can do, but I do know if I do nothing, I can't live with that result either.

I see this as an opportunity not just for myself to do a good deed, but to bring strangers among me to help fight for the same cause of saving a child or children. In our politically divided country, I'd like to bring some healing by helping these kids in Africa. I don't care what religion, political party, race, gender or sexual oritentation people are, we all have the capacity to help these most vulnerable kids. And perhaps while doing so, we will find the humanitarian spirit that once made us an amazing country.

This is what I need from 2019. I need to make a difference in others lives and bring healing to the sick and the divided.

Reactions: T.M.P. and Bill4411
I'm never one to spend much time on new years resolutions, but this year I felt the need to hope for something more this coming year.

In the year 2019, I want to contribute to saving lives. Everyday doctors are saving lives so why can't an ordinary guy like me do the same just by giving a shit?

I've been reading about an amazing American doctor who has basically given up the life of luxury in America and has lived in Ethiopia caring for the most vulnerable children in the world. These kids have Tubercolosis and deformed backs that if not operated on will succomb to a painful death eventually as their backs will collapse onto their lungs. In many cases their parents have orphaned these children at the doorsteps of shelters and hospitals.

I'm not sure what I can do, but I do know if I do nothing, I can't live with that result either.

I see this as an opportunity not just for myself to do a good deed, but to bring strangers among me to help fight for the same cause of saving a child or children. In our politically divided country, I'd like to bring some healing by helping these kids in Africa. I don't care what religion, political party, race, gender or sexual oritentation people are, we all have the capacity to help these most vulnerable kids. And perhaps while doing so, we will find the humanitarian spirit that once made us an amazing country.

This is what I need from 2019. I need to make a difference in others lives and bring healing to the sick and the divided.
You could start by making the people here on the Water Cooler trapped in sadness a little happier. ;)

Reactions: Eppy99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT