ADVERTISEMENT

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SEE FROM US IN THE GATOR BOWL?

Crossblock

Senior
Jan 8, 2019
Now that we know where we are going let's get down to what we want to see on the Field. I'm not talking about Score Predictions, or Match Ups with The Opponent. The extra practices are great for development of Players and to some extent you can use a Bowl Game as a Test Lab for things you may want to see in the future. Here are mine.
1. I want to see if the light bulb has gone on for our Young Defensive Backs. Have any of them improved enough to Defend without getting cheap Holding and PI penalties? Know when the ball is in the air and how to position themselves to play the Ball? have our Safeties learned to take correct angle in both run and pass Defense.

2. Has anyone on the Front seven developed to the point where they can shed blockers, keep the QB in the Pocket, Create an Effective Pass Rush, and get us off the field on 3rd Down?

3. If Both Stevie Scott and Sampson James are healthy, can we use them in the Backfield at the same time with 2 Tight Ends or maybe an unbalanced line? Might be worth trying a series or two to see if this can be effective.

4. With both Westbrook and Hale graduating, is there another young Receiver other than Marshall who shows signs of being able to contribute?

I want a win and for coach Wommack to quit trying to out think offense but instead put our players in alignment and let them attack the offense. Too many times our DL is stemming and in positions they aren't athletic enough to do the job and I think it confuses the players. Line up, let the players explode off the ball and play their position they are used to playing.

Now that we know where we are going let's get down to what we want to see on the Field. I'm not talking about Score Predictions, or Match Ups with The Opponent. The extra practices are great for development of Players and to some extent you can use a Bowl Game as a Test Lab for things you may want to see in the future. Here are mine.
1. I want to see if the light bulb has gone on for our Young Defensive Backs. Have any of them improved enough to Defend without getting cheap Holding and PI penalties? Know when the ball is in the air and how to position themselves to play the Ball? have our Safeties learned to take correct angle in both run and pass Defense.

2. Has anyone on the Front seven developed to the point where they can shed blockers, keep the QB in the Pocket, Create an Effective Pass Rush, and get us off the field on 3rd Down?

3. If Both Stevie Scott and Sampson James are healthy, can we use them in the Backfield at the same time with 2 Tight Ends or maybe an unbalanced line? Might be worth trying a series or two to see if this can be effective.

4. With both Westbrook and Hale graduating, is there another young Receiver other than Marshall who shows signs of being able to contribute?
Good travel support from the fans and to sell our ticket allotment out. I cannot go because of chemo, but I still bought tickets and have put them in the donated pool. Hope all other season ticket holders who do not want to go or cannot go (and any other fans) will do the same thing. This is important for future bowl committees to see.

Good travel support from the fans and to sell our ticket allotment out. I cannot go because of chemo, but I still bought tickets and have put them in the donated pool. Hope all other season ticket holders who do not want to go or cannot go (and any other fans) will do the same thing. This is important for future bowl committees to see.
You are a loyal Hoosier! Wishing you all the best and sending prayers your way as you go through your health challenge.

Passing-game ball control

Whop outta control - with DB's and safeties arguing over who had him

Ramsey slipping out for that first down run, breaking their spirit.

Whoever has single coverage, ball in hand in end zone - Whop, Fryfogle, Hendershot - whatever.

Scott busting inside
James giving him a spell and going yard on their 2's.

Head, Bryant, Ziemba and Stallings chasing a QB in the backfield.
Mullen breaking up every pass thrown at him
Reese and Burgess draped over WR's who can't see or smell a ball.

SEC faces screwed up because they thought Big Ten had no speed.

I want to send a message.
An impolite message.

And I want our football alumni proudly repping IU on 'lectic internet waves.

And I want the Red-Steppers ..., umm, wait. That one is private.

I want the food and drink at the IU warmup tailgate to be spectacular. I generally control that aspect and worry about anyone else meeting Btown expectations. My crew talked me out of taking the Prevost and doing the canned program. @ $250 it should be good.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13

If you are just talking about the game, certainly a win. But I dont think that is nearly the most important part of this bowl game.
The extra practices, recruiting impact and bowl experience (especially for the younger players) are far more important long term for IUFB than winning the game.

That is incredible . That is the true Hoosier spirit that I talk about often. Hope you have a blessed Christmas and Good health in the new year. Hopefully you can buy tickets to Florida bowl game and come watch the Hoosiers. Get healthy soon.

Wishing you good health my friend.

Very nice of you to donate your tickets and I pray you will soon be cancer free.

I’m hoping for a win.

Secondarily, I’m hoping to clearly be seen as belonging on the same field. Lots of talent on the other sideline. I think we will be alright.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT