ADVERTISEMENT

What Democrats Do

No one was hanging Pence or anyone else.

Edit: unless one of the government agents there incited it.

Then why did they build a gallows, fashion a rope into a hangman's noose, search the building for him, & yell "Hang Mike Pence!"?

Not good

Lodestar

Greenwald has a twitter thread that pretty much sums up the scumbag aspect of the stunt, including the news outlets that went along.

Lincoln Project trying to spin it after being caught.
"Today’s demonstration was our way of reminding Virginia voters of what happened in Charlottesville four years ago, the Republican party’s embrace of those values, and Glenn Youngkin’s failure to condemn it."

Scumbags
****ing weasels.

• Haha
Reactions: billyhillui
It's like watching Michigan play Ohio State. I don't like either one, but somebody is gonna win and there will be some consequences.

Reactions: anon_6hv78pr714xta
Trump isn’t running
That he's not running isn't the entire story. He wasn't running in GA either. I find it hard to believe the Dems will be this bad again any time soon. From old and infirm in Biden to vapid and virtue signaling in Harris and the squad, this is the worst team of Dems we will face for years and we keep trying to let our Coach on a long losing streak who wasn't that great to begin with lead us when we have competent coaches already groomed waiting for their chance to take over.

Dems invoke Trump bc it gets people off the couch. Reps need to not vocally disavow him but keep him away from their events etc. Don't disparage him but don't involve him. Being two faced will yield results.

Last edited:
That he's not running isn't the entire story. He wasn't running in GA either. I find it hard to believe the Dems will be this bad again any time soon. From old and infirm in Biden to vapid and virtue signaling in Harris and the squad, this is the worst team of Dems we will face for years and we keep trying to let our Coach on a long losing streak who wasn't that great to begin with lead us when we have competent coaches already groomed waiting for their chance to take over.

Dems invoke Trump bc it gets people off the couch. Reps need to not vocally disavow him but keep him away from their e ants etc. Don't disparage him but don't involve him. Being two faced will yield results.
Knowing that all they have us Trump, there is nothing the GOP could do that would stop them from bringing it up. Say you hypothetically say that you don't support him. Then the attack is that you went along with him for political expedience and racism, racism, coup plotter bull shit will still follow.

Talking about Trump at all for the GOP right now is just a political trap. He is not President, he is not in government at all. I am not talking about any of that when I have the economy, the school systems, or any of the long list of items Joe and Co. are failing on right now. Democrats want to talk about Trump because they have no alternative now. They completely own the government and they cannot even get the Jayapal and AOC whackos and the establishment in their own party on the same page to govern. These guys are incompetent and everything they are touching at the moment is going to shit. That is what the GOP should talk about, not Trump.

Knowing that all they have us Trump, there is nothing the GOP could do that would stop them from bringing it up. Say you hypothetically say that you don't support him. Then the attack is that you went along with him for political expedience and racism, racism, coup plotter bull shit will still follow.

Talking about Trump at all for the GOP right now is just a political trap. He is not President, he is not in government at all. I am not talking about any of that when I have the economy, the school systems, or any of the long list of items Joe and Co. are failing on right now. Democrats want to talk about Trump because they have no alternative now. They completely own the government and they cannot even get the Jayapal and AOC whackos and the establishment in their own party on the same page to govern. These guys are incompetent and everything they are touching at the moment is going to shit. That is what the GOP should talk about, not Trump.
Agreed on all fronts

I literally just turned on ABC and there's Kinzinger talking about Trump
Kinzinger has a brand and has announced he is not going to run for reelection. I don't think he is going to be super representative of what the party should do as a whole. Looking at Youngkin though, there is no reason that a guy running for governor in a state that has trended blue because of D.C. should be talking about a former polarizing, red President who is no longer in office. Governors should be talking bread and butter and more locally aligned topics. Given the Loudon situation, Youngkin has made hay on schools. He flipped polling on education by 42% points on the Democrats "parents shouldn't have a say" flub. Keep the pedal down on that and then hit supply chain issues, inflation, and things like that. McAullife has to talk about Trump because those subjects are all now detrimental to his election.

Remember Charlottesville? Yeah I do. Remember when gas has gone up over a dollar and my grocery bill is up 10 to 15% over a year ago? Which one is more impactful to more people?

Kinzinger has a brand and has announced he is not going to run for reelection. I don't think he is going to be super representative of what the party should do as a whole. Looking at Youngkin though, there is no reason that a guy running for governor in a state that has trended blue because of D.C. should be talking about a former polarizing, red President who is no longer in office. Governors should be talking bread and butter and more locally aligned topics. Given the Loudon situation, Youngkin has made hay on schools. He flipped polling on education by 42% points on the Democrats "parents shouldn't have a say" flub. Keep the pedal down on that and then hit supply chain issues, inflation, and things like that. McAullife has to talk about Trump because those subjects are all now detrimental to his election.

Remember Charlottesville? Yeah I do. Remember when gas has gone up over a dollar and my grocery bill is up 10 to 15% over a year ago? Which one is more impactful to more people?
Exactly!! As an aside Kinzinger isn't running because with the new lines he won't win

He has no other issues to run on

Reactions: IUCrazy2

Re the Dems not controlling AOC, that’s a tall order. Part of me is glad: she has a different viewpoint than the traditional 2 party system will accommodate. I’m all for varying viewpoints (even if I despise some of hers). Second, within a two party system it will be difficult to keep everyone on message. The GOP obviously has this problem, too (MTG v Cheney v McCarthy). This is to say, I don’t think Biden and Dem leadership should be blamed for the Squad’s inanity, but should be judged on the policies they are putting forward. Lots of room for legitimate criticism there.

Re the Dems not controlling AOC, that’s a tall order. Part of me is glad: she has a different viewpoint than the traditional 2 party system will accommodate. I’m all for varying viewpoints (even if I despise some of hers). Second, within a two party system it will be difficult to keep everyone on message. The GOP obviously has this problem, too (MTG v Cheney v McCarthy). This is to say, I don’t think Biden and Dem leadership should be blamed for the Squad’s inanity, but should be judged on the policies they are putting forward. Lots of room for legitimate criticism there.
I think you get blame for both. Their policies stink IMO and they are unable to build a coalition within their own party. Remember that being a uniter and having the experience to get things done is what Biden ran on. That was his shtick. Now he is in office and he can't even wrangle his own party, let alone reach across the aisle.

I think you get blame for both. Their policies stink IMO and they are unable to build a coalition within their own party. Remember that being a uniter and having the experience to get things done is what Biden ran on. That was his shtick. Now he is in office and he can't even wrangle his own party, let alone reach across the aisle.
Was Biden ever really known as a reach across the aisle, pragmatist in the Senate?

I think it was more “Oh, there goes that glad handing buffoon again”. No one has ever taken him seriously, we shouldn’t start now.

Was Biden ever really known as a reach across the aisle, pragmatist in the Senate?

I think it was more “Oh, there goes that glad handing buffoon again”. No one has ever taken him seriously, we shouldn’t start now.
Not saying that is what he was, but that is what he ran on. Restoring "norms" and being competent and getting things done. He is batting .000 on all of these things. Which is why the Democrats want to talk about Trump. When you cannot talk about your record you try and attack the other guy.

Reactions: dr.jb and DANC
Not saying that is what he was, but that is what he ran on. Restoring "norms" and being competent and getting things done. He is batting .000 on all of these things. Which is why the Democrats want to talk about Trump. When you cannot talk about your record you try and attack the other guy.
I don't like a lot of what Biden has done, but he has restored some norms. He doesn't tweet all the time, for example. I assume he staffs the various executive depts. with people who understand what those depts. do (read the Fifth Risk). He hasn't appointed any of his kids or or in-laws to handle important policy issues.

I don't like a lot of what Biden has done, but he has restored some norms. He doesn't tweet all the time, for example. I assume he staffs the various executive depts. with people who understand what those depts. do (read the Fifth Risk). He hasn't appointed any of his kids or or in-laws to handle important policy issues.
Uh, are you forgetting Hunter's laptop? It's the most powerful person in the country.

He doesn't tweet all the time? That's the best you got? 😂

That's a big assumption. His choices from Vp to Pete have been pretty lousy

He doesn't tweet all the time? That's the best you got? 😂
Im not trying to “get” anyone. I’m simply countering the statement that Biden is batting .000. So I listed not one thing, as you imply, but a few that I thought even hard right conservatives could agree with as being abnormal during the Trump presidency (and yes, many do).

I assume you would admit Trump did some things wrong? Some things against the norm of what Presidents do (not all of which are bad) and that were not beneficial for the executive branch or the country?

If you think Trump got the raw end of a lot of ridiculous over exaggeration as well, I’ll agree with you. But don’t you think it makes sense to avoid doing that to Biden or anyone else now? Because I think the degree of out-to-get-you, exaggerated, and partisan reporting by the MSM was also a violation of a norm that we would do well to reverse.

That's a big assumption. His choices from Vp to Pete have been pretty lousy
VP is a political choice to get votes. Buttegieg is probably a conscientious, hard-working guy the few times he shows up to work. 😀

But seriously, I’m referring to the bombshells in the Fifth Risk about staffing that, to my knowledge, have never been refuted.

Uh, are you forgetting Hunter's laptop? It's the most powerful person in the country.
I’m actually not. That was a real story and the way it was buried and ignored by some media outlets was a tragedy. It still should be investigated.

But Biden didn’t appoint Hunter to head up anything other than the Biden art gallery. Of course, if Biden is selling influence through his son, he should be impeached and removed from office.

Im not trying to “get” anyone. I’m simply countering the statement that Biden is batting .000. So I listed not one thing, as you imply, but a few that I thought even hard right conservatives could agree with as being abnormal during the Trump presidency (and yes, many do).

I assume you would admit Trump did some things wrong? Some things against the norm of what Presidents do (not all of which are bad) and that were not beneficial for the executive branch or the country?

If you think Trump got the raw end of a lot of ridiculous over exaggeration as well, I’ll agree with you. But don’t you think it makes sense to avoid doing that to Biden or anyone else now? Because I think the degree of out-to-get-you, exaggerated, and partisan reporting by the MSM was also a violation of a norm that we would do well to reverse.
You're talking to a 100% pure Trumpist troll. You're not going to get any sense out of him.

How much do you think Mayor Pete knew about Transportation when he was named head of the Transportation Dept.

Biden has appointed political hacks for his top jobs. See Attorney General for a prime example.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT