ADVERTISEMENT

What concerns me….

Florida4IU

All-Big Ten
Sep 5, 2001
Is that Mike Woodson played maybe for the best coach whoever coached a game of college basketball. Yet he apparently never learned how he coached the game. Sit them Woodson if they are playing for crap on the friggin bench. Give other guys on the bench a chance to save your butt before it is too late. JMO

Is that Mike Woodson played maybe for the best coach whoever coached a game of college basketball. Yet he apparently never learned how he coached the game. Sit them Woodson if they are playing for crap on the friggin bench. Give other guys on the bench a chance to save your butt before it is too late. JMO
It was a good Idea then but Time and Todays Athlete has Changed Everything! Now if U do that They will just Enter the Transfer Portal!

I think we all realize by now, a’ la Ricky Pitino, that Robert Montgomery Knight isn’t walking through that door. However, we must NOT (Never Ever) become daunted or we’ll surely falter for old IU.

That was the thing about Coach Knight, he was never daunted, and therefore could not falter. He won title after title with tourney victory after tourney victory. The fan base was never daunted during those days as well.

So the key is this…

As IU fans we must live out these words; NEVER DAUNTED, or a’ la Ricky Pitino, FOREVER FALTERED is walking through that door.

Never daunted, we cannot falter. That’s our motto, decree, and solemn oath.

Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
You’re words were so confusing at the beginning. You need to make it easier for people like me when I’ve been drinking. I wish I was this drunk during IU games to make it easier when they lose.

It was a good Idea then but Time and Todays Athlete has Changed Everything! Now if U do that They will just Enter the Transfer Portal!

So let them enter...
You dont reward spoiled children by givin in and letting them get away with it.
Thats half the problem with these players and society in general today.
All these coaches are sucking ass to recruit players, instead of reminding them its a privilege to wear that jersey.
Let them enter the portal, truth be told, theyre probably only hurting themselves anyway by doing so, even if not it doesnt matter, that coach would be taking responsible direction in the long term for better results/player output demanding common expectations are met.

I think we all realize by now, a’ la Ricky Pitino, that Robert Montgomery Knight isn’t walking through that door. However, we must NOT (Never Ever) become daunted or we’ll surely falter for old IU.

That was the thing about Coach Knight, he was never daunted, and therefore could not falter. He won title after title with tourney victory after tourney victory. The fan base was never daunted during those days as well.

So the key is this…

As IU fans we must live out these words; NEVER DAUNTED, or a’ la Ricky Pitino, FOREVER FALTERED is walking through that door.

Most of us are overly daunted now

• Sad
Reactions: PeegsObserver1
Right, that would really make a difference with this team. Let them go the if they wouldn't like it. Can't be any worse than what's going on now.

If a coach is afraid to coach and discipline players he should resign.

I think it’s bull that you can’t coach and discipline kids. Look across the country. Watch Wisconsin today. Watch Purdue. Painter coaches with fire just like his mentor Keady and Keady had fire just like Knight.

Prime gets it. He may or may not work out at CU. But one thing is for certain, he will not negotiate his standards or commitment to success. We need a "prime" at IU.

Reactions: kkott

So the key is this…

I think that's the first time I've seen those two words (duanted/falter) used together outside of the song.

daunted - fearful or apprehensive

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't realize the IU Fight Song has a second verse. Who knew?

"Indiana, Our Indiana"

Indiana, our Indiana
Indiana, we're all for you!
We will fight for the cream and crimson
For the glory of old IU
Never daunted, we cannot falter
In the battle, we're tried and true
Indiana, our Indiana,
Indiana we're all for you! I-U!

Fight for the Cream and Crimson,
Loyal sons of our old I. U.
Fight for your Alma Mater,
and the school you love so true.
Fight for old Indiana,
See her victories safely through,
GO! I.U! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
For the glory of old I. U.!

Reactions: PeegsObserver1
I think that's the first time I've seen those two words (duanted/falter) used together outside of the song.

daunted - fearful or apprehensive

I'm embarrassed to say I didn't realize the IU Fight Song has a second verse. Who knew?

"Indiana, Our Indiana"

Indiana, our Indiana
Indiana, we're all for you!
We will fight for the cream and crimson
For the glory of old IU
Never daunted, we cannot falter
In the battle, we're tried and true
Indiana, our Indiana,
Indiana we're all for you! I-U!

Fight for the Cream and Crimson,
Loyal sons of our old I. U.
Fight for your Alma Mater,
and the school you love so true.
Fight for old Indiana,
See her victories safely through,
GO! I.U! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
For the glory of old I. U.!
Sadly, I believe this is the case for many IU fans.

Now is a perfect time to live true to these words to help restore the glory of old IU.

Never daunted.

Sadly, I believe this is the case for many IU fans.

Now is a perfect time to live true to these words to help restore the glory of old IU.

Never daunted.
Do you actually think we’re daunted because of this season? This is just a final mail…. DECADES of futility in both revenue sports. DECADES. Damn, son, if you want to persecute those of us who remember the glory days and actually think it’s achievable again then go ahead and persecute away. But we’re f—-ing fed up with pitiful performance. You do realize we’re the ones who by and large find the athletic department and more than likely fund these dumbass NIL deals? So if you want to start antagonizing those of us who actually give a sh!t then GFY

You’re words were so confusing at the beginning. You need to make it easier for people like me when I’ve been drinking. I wish I was this drunk during IU games to make it easier when they lose.
I was drinking too when I started the post. I did sober up during the post however. Thank you for reading.

Do you actually think we’re daunted because of this season? This is just a final mail…. DECADES of futility in both revenue sports. DECADES. Damn, son, if you want to persecute those of us who remember the glory days and actually think it’s achievable again then go ahead and persecute away. But we’re f—-ing fed up with pitiful performance. You do realize we’re the ones who by and large find the athletic department and more than likely fund these dumbass NIL deals? So if you want to start antagonizing those of us who actually give a sh!t then GFY
I understand that it can get frustrating at times.

Having said that, never means never.

We sing it, so we must adhere to it for old IU.

Lol. Put their ass on the bench! It might make for good dramatic movies but in the real world sitting your best players because they made a couple mistakes is not a good idea.

Because the players behind them on the bench are not as good.

Does that idea compute with you?

Lol. Put their ass on the bench! It might make for good dramatic movies but in the real world sitting your best players because they made a couple mistakes is not a good idea.

A couple of mistakes 🤣

By that do you mean half assed effort?

Do you know what they say the definition of insanity is?...

It worked for RMK you moron, and I never said sitting them forever...........

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT