ADVERTISEMENT

What are your W/L expectations for next year?

Don't look at our QBs based on last season because of a poor QB coach and OC. How good can they be in Bell's offense we don't know but I do know they will be better. Our defense will look better with a better offense. Even coach DeBoer saw how bad the offense was and put coach Sheridan back to TE coach.
He did not have to hire him.

Not going to venture a guess especially after this's years debacle. Way too many unknowns when it comes to having a serviceable QB, an effective OL, the ability to run the ball successfully, injuries, etc.

But the stretch goals for the season should be (1) play in a bowl game (2) win a bowl game and (3) beat Purdue.

Not going to venture a guess especially after this's years debacle. Way too many unknowns when it comes to having a serviceable QB, an effective OL, the ability to run the ball successfully, injuries, etc.

But the stretch goals for the season should be (1) play in a bowl game (2) win a bowl game and (3) beat Purdue.
Those 3 should be a minimum by now. Amazing what a 2-10 season does for the outlook of a program.

Unless a solid QB transfer comes in, the whole season is going to turn, IMO, on how well McCulley picks up Bell's offense. I really do see him having a chance to shine in a RPO & read option offense with quick passes and limited reads. And that kind of quick offense can be effective with a less than stellar OL.

Offense figures it out: 7-5 or 8-4 with a ceiling of probably 9.
Offense sputters again and/or team as a whole comes off to a slow start to the season: 4-8
Basically, the same range of outcomes I've had for the team the last 4 years.

Now, if the wheels absolutely come off again with bad offense and a bunch of injuries: 2-10. But I sure hope that was an outlier this season.

Reactions: red hornet
Most of the freshman will have no impact. Our QB and O line will be highly suspect. Major losses to portal and draft. New offensive coordinator with questionable track record. 3-4 wins.

The 2022 schedule is back loaded; no top 10 or top 20 games until OSU at game 8.
Then, a Big Ten East murder’s row.
I don’t expect NW or ’Huskers to bounce back into BiG West contenders.
‘Under recent circumstances’, IU should be expected to start 7-0 or 6-1. 5-2 at the worst.

At this point, recruiting and portal results are positive.

Defense will be serviceable or better. (McFadden’s TFLs will be missed).
Top 2 (All BiG Ten quality) CBs are coming back.
LB and DL help arrived in the portal.
Warren’s 2nd campaign should be better than his 1st.

It should be safe to say injuries will be no worse than average.
A review of Ballou’s methods v. Wellman’s methods would seem warranted,
But I would expect it to show no systematic flaws, making 2021 a fluke of bad luck.

Walt Bell will get 7 games to get it right, to avoid a string of late season white washes.
Results will hinge on OL play and QB play improvement.
WR performance also needs to improve to average.
Too many drops this year; Whop’s energy and drive were missed.
Positive results are needed in game 1, hosting NW, to establish a modicum of confidence (momentum).

8-4 with a 7-0 start (IU wins the bucket at home).
6-6 with a 5-2 start.
With a 7-0 start there may be a chance to upset PSU, or MSU, for a 9-3 campaign.
We’ll have a 50% improvement in wins. Huge progress

Most of the freshman will have no impact. Our QB and O line will be highly suspect. Major losses to portal and draft. New offensive coordinator with questionable track record. 3-4 wins.
1. 5-6 freshman will have impact
2. QB & OL -suspect
3. Minimal losses to portal (Taylor) & draft (no one leaving early), plus major gains from portal

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT