ADVERTISEMENT

What’s it like?

Absolutely wonderful as long as you don't reside in the shitty metro areas and their overbuilt suburbs. If I chose to do so, I reckon I could have my pick of about 90% of this country. In my past career in finance I had a number of relocation opportunities come my way. Austin, DFW, Miami, Chicago, Denver, Portland, San Francisco and San Diego to name a few. I travelled all over the country for work. Spent weeks and sometimes months away on remote work assignments. Seriously considered a few, but ultimately turned them all down. Was always happiest when the landing gear hit the ground back here. Small town and rural Indiana is where my roots are, and my heart is.

Absolutely wonderful as long as you don't reside in the shitty metro areas and their overbuilt suburbs. If I chose to do so, I reckon I could have my pick of about 90% of this country. In my past career in finance I had a number of relocation opportunities come my way. Austin, DFW, Miami, Chicago, Denver, Portland, San Francisco and San Diego to name a few. I travelled all over the country for work. Spent weeks and sometimes months away on remote work assignments. Seriously considered a few, but ultimately turned them all down. Was always happiest when the landing gear hit the ground back here. Small town and rural Indiana is where my roots are, and my heart is.

Got it. But why not just move to rural Alabama and have nicer weather, be close to the gulf and have the same politics?

In Austin right now. 25-30 years ago, sure. Right now, no way. Same with Denver, Colorado in general. Crazy how much growth has changed things so drastically.

In Austin right now. 25-30 years ago, sure. Right now, no way. Same with Denver, Colorado in general. Crazy how much growth has changed things so drastically.

I love the growth. Get happy every time I see a new crane pop up.

I spent some time in Austin on business 30 years ago - it was a lot like Bloomington, only bigger. Quirky town in Texas with some great entertainment.

A lot different now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT