ADVERTISEMENT

Well this place is a morgue...

Just gotta say it.
On this board when it was Peegs early 2000's (handle "Wanatah"). Dial-up days-- late at night heavy traffic lots of which was non-hoops so the OTF forum was started.
Went thru Knight firing, the "fire Davis" days and the pimp Sampson days. Gave up on IU. Here again just because there's a soft spot in my heart for IU.
But now I have to look up a player's number to find out who he is.
A beet-red Michael Lewis screaming back at Knight--those were the days.
And I remember Etecnifibre.

Last edited:
Just an old school whiny old man but let's face it--what the hell happened to this team?

Glory days are gone. NIT lucky.

Personally I think they should have got Alford just for the PR value.

Where is the player development? They aren't there long enough. Where is the fan base? Watching Purdue. Or Butler. Where is the optimism about this team?

When Woodson came in I dug out my IU shirts from the bottom of the drawer. I'm wearing them now but I'm thinking damn it please don't make me put them all back.

Been watching IU since before the 74-75 regional game when they got screwed by the refs at Rupp.

I know bitch bitch bitch old guy-but hey GO IU. Please...

Last edited:
Just an old school whiny old man but let's face it--what the hell happened to this team?

Glory days are gone. NIT lucky.

Personally I think they should have got Alford just for the PR value.

Where is the player development? They aren't there long enough. Where is the fan base? Watching Purdue. Or Butler. Where is the optimism about this team?

When Woodson came in I dug out my IU shirts from the bottom of the drawer. I'm wearing them now but I'm thinking damn it please don't make me put them all back.

Been watching IU since before the 74-75 regional game when they got screwed by the refs at Rupp.

I know bitch bitch bitch old guy-but hey GO IU. Please...
A lot of people are not happy about that picture of Woodson and others smoking cigars and drinking wine after the Kansas loss. It rubs folks the wrong way. Bob Knight would agonize over losses. Remember on his tv show when they had lost and he just got madder and madder? Poor Chuck Marlowe had his hands full.

Reactions: Mgdriver
Just gotta say it.
On this board when it was Peegs early 2000's (handle "Wanatah"). Dial-up days-- late at night heavy traffic lots of which was non-hoops so the OTF forum was started.
Went thru Knight firing, the "fire Davis" days and the pimp Sampson days. Gave up on IU. Here again just because there's a soft spot in my heart for IU.
But now I have to look up a player's number to find out who he is.
A beet-red Michael Lewis screaming back at Knight--those were the days.
And I remember Etecnifibre.
I remember the handle

Reactions: Mgdriver
And I remember you sir.
And congrats for sticking it out here all these years.
It hasn't been easy for some of us old guys who remember "the good old days."
I still watch them and root for them. Especially this year because they've got some really good looking cheerleaders.
Is this Etecnifibre?

Big fan of your work back in the day. It's been a while.....

IU vs Duke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT