ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Craig Nelson RB from Miami, FL

Hmmmm. He is 180 pounds and runs a 4.8 40. With that combination he is not going to run past people or through them.
That's not an accurate time. He's much closer to 4.45 to 4.5. Idk where the IDS got that number either....has to be from the net because coaches can't comment on times publically.

Reactions: 10yrProject
That's not an accurate time. He's much closer to 4.45 to 4.5. Idk where the IDS got that number either....has to be from the net because coaches can't comment on times publically.

It's weird because he's known for his speed. His stats at RB weren't overwhelming but you can never have too many scat backs, just ask the Pats.

It's weird because he's known for his speed. His stats at RB weren't overwhelming but you can never have too many scat backs, just ask the Pats.
As it has been explained to me he's small, but very fast. Though listed at 5'11, he's probably much closer to 5'9". Some sites listed him as running a 4.8ish, but I've been told he's much closer to 4.45 to 4.5 range. I am going to guess that size and the fact that his high school rotates a lot of kids because they are a powerhouse team, he just kinda got lost in the shuffle some. But reading the notes of some veteran (30+ years) high school scouts down in Miami, they all are saying he's a real sleeper. A true all purpose back that can run and catch. He was also hurt early in the season but really came on late and ran over some really quality opponents. And he's a kid that I think can move to slot receiver and be a returner, so he's not just a RB.

Considering the amount of BS, inaccuracies, and misinformation out there on the recruiting trail, I'll trust our coaches only bring in guys that can help us win games. Its a bit like picking sides for dodgeball...you grab the next best kid in line. They wouldnt waste a scholarship at this stage on a role player imo.

Considering the amount of BS, inaccuracies, and misinformation out there on the recruiting trail, I'll trust our coaches only bring in guys that can help us win games. Its a bit like picking sides for dodgeball...you grab the next best kid in line. They wouldnt waste a scholarship at this stage on a role player imo.
Compromises in recruits usually get made now rather than earlier in the process when schools can afford to be more selective. It's the opposite at power school's, where kids can get pushed out (see Burgess and USC) in favor of better players at the end. Recruiting can be brutal for all parties.

Reactions: IUcolorado
As it has been explained to me he's small, but very fast. Though listed at 5'11, he's probably much closer to 5'9". Some sites listed him as running a 4.8ish, but I've been told he's much closer to 4.45 to 4.5 range. I am going to guess that size and the fact that his high school rotates a lot of kids because they are a powerhouse team, he just kinda got lost in the shuffle some. But reading the notes of some veteran (30+ years) high school scouts down in Miami, they all are saying he's a real sleeper. A true all purpose back that can run and catch. He was also hurt early in the season but really came on late and ran over some really quality opponents. And he's a kid that I think can move to slot receiver and be a returner, so he's not just a RB.
That information helps. Nelson sounds ultra-versatile and plenty fast. A nice sleeper add for our team.

Welcome Craig! Come to Bloomington, get a great education, play great football for four years and enjoy it.

TIC...Craig Nelson?!?! Great football name and actor who played two fine football coaches...Coach Nickerson in "All the Right Moves" and Hayden Fox in "Coach."

The dude has great feet. He's very timely on when he turns on that warp speed. Maybe we can pack twenty pounds on him, and see if he can finish some of those inside runs with a pancake. Welcome to Indiana. Enjoy the Bloomington experience my man. You won't ever be the same.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT