ADVERTISEMENT

We have entered the rankings in several polls despite losing...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
that one game to MSU. Here are some of the rankings.

D1baseball - 23rd

Perfect game - 24th

College Baseball Newspaper - 24th

Baseball America - 25th

The coaches poll has yet to come out, but based on past seasons, I doubt we are ranked in that one since we have always been ranked lower in that poll compared to others. We did receive votes in their last poll and I assume that will be the case again this week.

They can really help themselves over this last month. IU has a pretty tough schedule after this mid week game against Ball St.
Minny, Illinois, Meet Chicken with mid week games against Kensucky and Stripper U (Louisville) during an eleven game blitz looks brutal. We end the season with a much improved Rutgers team. Hope the boys are eating their Wheaties cause they can not afford a let up.
Go Hoosiers!

They can really help themselves over this last month. IU has a pretty tough schedule after this mid week game against Ball St.
Minny, Illinois, Meet Chicken with mid week games against Kensucky and Stripper U (Louisville) during an eleven game blitz looks brutal. We end the season with a much improved Rutgers team. Hope the boys are eating their Wheaties cause they can not afford a let up.
Go Hoosiers!
There is no question that a sweep of both UK and UofL would do wonders for the resume. Even a split would help it out.

Reactions: snowling
I was wrong about the coaches poll. I thought we would be in the "others receiving votes" category, but we did move into the 25th spot in their poll. That puts us in the rankings for all of the polls that I'm aware of.

I haven't done the research, but I'm relatively confident that no other program in the top 25 has two former coaches that are also leading ranked teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT