ADVERTISEMENT

Mid-Season check-in (SoS)

TMFT

All-Big Ten
Nov 4, 2019
Going into Game 6, I was just thinking about how it's crazy to think that tying/beating Louisville (now #14 in the AP Poll) came down to the OL not wanting 6 inches bad enough. Then I got to thinking about how IU's schedule could look in retrospect at the end of the year with the ranked teams we play and decided to do one now and I'll try to do one at the end of the year after everything sorts itself out.

Week 1 - #3 OSU
Week 2 - (0-5) Ind. St. (FCS)
Week 3 - #14 Louisville
Week 4 - (1-5) Akron (IU really phoned that one in)
Week 5 - Maryland (receiving votes in both polls)
Week 6 - BYE
Week 7 - #2 Michigan
Week 8 - (4-2) Rutgers
Week 9 - #6 Penn St.
Week 10 - Wisconsin (receiving votes in both polls)
Week 11 - (2-4) Illinois
Week 12 - (2-3) Mich. St.
Week 13 - (2-4) Purdue

Wouldn't be a stretch to have 4 top-10 teams in our final schedule. Or 6 ranked teams.

Going into Game 6, I was just thinking about how it's crazy to think that tying/beating Louisville (now #14 in the AP Poll) came down to the OL not wanting 6 inches bad enough. Then I got to thinking about how IU's schedule could look in retrospect at the end of the year with the ranked teams we play and decided to do one now and I'll try to do one at the end of the year after everything sorts itself out.

Week 1 - #3 OSU
Week 2 - (0-5) Ind. St. (FCS)
Week 3 - #14 Louisville
Week 4 - (1-5) Akron (IU really phoned that one in)
Week 5 - Maryland (receiving votes in both polls)
Week 6 - BYE
Week 7 - #2 Michigan
Week 8 - (4-2) Rutgers
Week 9 - #6 Penn St.
Week 10 - Wisconsin (receiving votes in both polls)
Week 11 - (2-4) Illinois
Week 12 - (2-3) Mich. St.
Week 13 - (2-4) Purdue

Wouldn't be a stretch to have 4 top-10 teams in our final schedule. Or 6 ranked teams.
To be fair to Akron, they've lost DJ Irons for the year. And even with IU sleepwalking and with Walt Bell Walt Bell-ing, it was clear that they posed no threat to us as long as he wasn't in the game.

Reactions: vesuvius13
To be fair to Akron, they've lost DJ Irons for the year. And even with IU sleepwalking and with Walt Bell Walt Bell-ing, it was clear that they posed no threat to us as long as he wasn't in the game.
The fact that they not only posed a threat to us but should’ve beaten us when he was in the game says everything about where we are as a program.

Reactions: kmathum
The mid season grades / rankings of the Big Ten schools lists IU at #14. That was a writers poll but still very telling.
Think about that for a minute: Michigan State (#11) and Northwestern (#12) with major turmoil leading into the season (MSU was an in-season change) and interim HCs are listed ahead of IU. Illinois, who is having a terrible season, is ahead of IU at #13. IU has a coach in his 7th year. It’s a big indictment of the program.

It actually does. You’re attempting to marginalize Akron and their performance against us, which is telling. Whether he played or not, it should’ve never been a close contest, let alone a game they gave away.
No, the point I was making in their defense is that it makes sense that they've struggled so much because they lost their star player and the only thing that made their offense even kind of work. Their backup was demonstrably very bad, even in his short stint against an IU team that was very obviously half-assing everything we did.

I wasn't saying anything with any intention of defending IU's performance in that game, but you do you.

The mid season grades / rankings of the Big Ten schools lists IU at #14. That was a writers poll but still very telling.
Think about that for a minute: Michigan State (#11) and Northwestern (#12) with major turmoil leading into the season (MSU was an in-season change) and interim HCs are listed ahead of IU. Illinois, who is having a terrible season, is ahead of IU at #13. IU has a coach in his 7th year. It’s a big indictment of the program.
Yes. Year 7. No excuse

It actually does. You’re attempting to marginalize Akron and their performance against us, which is telling. Whether he played or not, it should’ve never been a close contest, let alone a game they gave away.
You are very blatantly just a clown and a troll, go away.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT