ADVERTISEMENT

Ware

My initial hope was rest but, we've had ample breaks between games the last couple of weeks. If anything, you would just give him limited minutes instead of holding him out. I hope he's not hurt?

My initial hope was rest but, we've had ample breaks between games the last couple of weeks. If anything, you would just give him limited minutes instead of holding him out. I hope he's not hurt?
I’d say he’s hurt.

Sparks has been under utilized. If the ball moves well on the perimeter, Sparks can anchor the 5. If the guards can't score and they need go to plays to win, it could be a big problem.

Are schools required to test for Covid? Required by whom?

Ware is the first athlete I've heard of to be held out due to Covid in a year or two.

Are schools required to test for Covid? Required by whom?

Ware is the first athlete I've heard of to be held out due to Covid in a year or two.
I’d say he’s just sick. Not being held out just because it’s Covid. They do still check. My daughter had three separate tests to determine what she had.

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
Guys - I’ve had 7 family members or friends with COVID over the last couple of weeks. Test or no test - if he feels like they did - no way he could play. Can still feel pretty sick and fatigued from this - a lot like influenza…..you are down and out for a bit. .
I'm waaaaay past college age, but had whatever the new strain of Covid is over Thanksgiving. Hell, I could barely get off the couch let alone play. First two times I had it, no big deal. This last one was a butt kicker.

Covid is a strange illness. I'm not sure what version we are up to, but it affects people different. He must have been feeling bad to get tested. Doctors don't test everyone that has symptoms, or at least mine doesn't.

I've had two confirmed cases. The first in December of 2020 put me in the hospital for 3 days with double pneumonia and an O2 reading in the low 80's. December 2022 I tested positive for Covid and Flu A.. I was on Paxlovid and Tamiflu. My worst day was the first (Christmas day). After a rough night and sleeping most of the next day, I felt pretty good. My wife tested positive for Flu A only and was sicker for much longer. BTW, my wife has never tested positive for Covid.

My guess is Ware misses the Nebraska game. Now that word is out about his diagnosis, I would expect he will have to follow whatever quarantine rules exist either with the NCAA or CDC.If I'm a college player, I go to my own doctor and keep my result quiet except my coach and team doctor.

Reactions: Spartans9312
Sparks got a good game under his belt and that should help if he needs to play the 5 vs Nebraska.
Ware's main thing is rebounding and shooting in one v one. I'd be more worried if we were playing MSU. Against Nebraska, IU needs to get out on 3pt shooters and limit them to 1 shot. Scoring is less of an issue.

Covid is a strange illness. I'm not sure what version we are up to, but it affects people different. He must have been feeling bad to get tested. Doctors don't test everyone that has symptoms, or at least mine doesn't.

I've had two confirmed cases. The first in December of 2020 put me in the hospital for 3 days with double pneumonia and an O2 reading in the low 80's. December 2022 I tested positive for Covid and Flu A.. I was on Paxlovid and Tamiflu. My worst day was the first (Christmas day). After a rough night and sleeping most of the next day, I felt pretty good. My wife tested positive for Flu A only and was sicker for much longer. BTW, my wife has never tested positive for Covid.

My guess is Ware misses the Nebraska game. Now that word is out about his diagnosis, I would expect he will have to follow whatever quarantine rules exist either with the NCAA or CDC.If I'm a college player, I go to my own doctor and keep my result quiet except my coach and team doctor.

Have had COVID twice. Once before vaccination and once after 2 rounds of vaccines. Other than a slight fever, nothing.
However, the Flu A was terrible for me last year probably because I didn’t get an annual flu vaccination.
It all affects people differently.

Have had COVID twice. Once before vaccination and once after 2 rounds of vaccines. Other than a slight fever, nothing.
However, the Flu A was terrible for me last year probably because I didn’t get an annual flu vaccination.
It all affects people differently.
My wife & I had covid in August. I had a slight fever & went thru the "sweats" for a couple days but really didn't feel that bad. She lost the ability to stand up, eventually had to have an ambulance take her to the hospital where she spent 4 1/2 days. She has no recollection of the ambulance ride or the first 2 1/2 days she was in the hospital. It affected her heart & she still tires out easily. Pretty scary when you're not sure if you'll every see your spouse of 52+ years again.

• Sad
Reactions: kkott
Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
is neither.

It's a way for the ignorant to describe accidental incidents of deductive reasoning.
Actually it’s empiricism with a few simple rules of logic that have served humans quite well in their rise to the top of the food chain.

My wife & I had covid in August. I had a slight fever & went thru the "sweats" for a couple days but really didn't feel that bad. She lost the ability to stand up, eventually had to have an ambulance take her to the hospital where she spent 4 1/2 days. She has no recollection of the ambulance ride or the first 2 1/2 days she was in the hospital. It affected her heart & she still tires out easily. Pretty scary when you're not sure if you'll every see your spouse of 52+ years again.
So sorry that happened. I do hope she recovers completely.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT