ADVERTISEMENT

Wapahani 108 Union (Modoc) 17

Jayhoosier83

Junior
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2017
Saw this score of a high school boys' game from last weekend and thought it had to be a typo, but no. Obviously there's no "Mercy" rule here in Indiana 😆😆

• Wow
Reactions: BleedinGold
Fortune academy is a private school for students with ADHD, dyslexia, etc. The old jokes calling Cupcake U the Blind School for Girls kind of fits here if your talking about on field performance.

No disrespect meant for anyone associated with Fortune Academy.

I brought it up a couple of months ago that I thought, and I still think, that Isaac Andrews, a Guard for Wapahani, might be worth a look. His 2 point, 3 point, and free throw shooting percentages have ALL INCREASED 5-10% from his Freshman year last year to now (shooting 61% inside the 3 point line, 46% from 3 range, and shoots 88% from the free throw line) and he's averaging 23 PPG. Wapahani hasn't played top competition night in and night out, but Andrews had a good showing against 3A #7 New Castle, scoring 22 points with 2 assists and 5 rebounds.

Saw this score of a high school boys' game from last weekend and thought it had to be a typo, but no. Obviously there's no "Mercy" rule here in Indiana 😆😆

Funny story, and a little bragging. In a 3rd grade game, my son's team, which I coached, was up by 20 at halftime, with my son having having 10 and 5 assists. At half, I told my kid, no dribbling or shooting with his strong (right) hand. So he proceeds to score 10 points and up by 25 or so. 4th quarter, I tell him left hand only and no shots. He dished like 7 assists. Now, before anyone asks why I didn't take him out, we only had 5 players that game. We won by 40. I tried to be nice.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
Funny story, and a little bragging. In a 3rd grade game, my son's team, which I coached, was up by 20 at halftime, with my son having having 10 and 5 assists. At half, I told my kid, no dribbling or shooting with his strong (right) hand. So he proceeds to score 10 points and up by 25 or so. 4th quarter, I tell him left hand only and no shots. He dished like 7 assists. Now, before anyone asks why I didn't take him out, we only had 5 players that game. We won by 40. I tried to be nice.
future Luke Brown! and future Chris Kramer parent.

In the 1971-72 season, the Jennings County Panthers set a state record that still stands by scoring 93.2 points per game for the entire year. They had three players average over 20 ppg, two of whom (Danny Brown, Billy Harmon) went on to play for U. Louisville on their 1975 final 4 team.

In one weekend, on a Friday night they beat North Decatur 142-38, then on Saturday night they beat Clarksville 130-68. No 3-point line then, of course. Neither game was a "run up the score" game, either, as the benches were emptied in the second half.

Last edited:
In the 1971-72 season, the Jennings County Panthers set a state record that still stands by scoring 93.2 points per game for the entire year. They had three players average over 20 ppg, two of whom (Danny Brown, Billy Harmon) went on to play for U. Louisville on their 1975 final 4 team.

In one weekend, on a Friday night they beat North Decatur 142-38, then on Saturday night they beat Clarksville 130-68. No 3-point line then, of course. Neither game was a "run up the score" game, either, as the benches were emptied in the second half.

As a kid from Brownstown, I saw those JC teams up close and personal every year and in the sectional. Couldn't help but be awed by them. Truly gifted players.

There is a mercy rule after a team is up by 40 points . The game goes to a running clock .

Northview beat Brown County 65-4 last night.It was 54-1 at the end of the 3rd quarter,They scored one point in the first quarter and three points in the last quarter.

I coached my son when he was in 3rd grade. I couldn’t get my team to dribble with either hand 😂. Kept track of turnovers instead of assists. I like to use both hands to count

Reactions: krugcpa and ribbont
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT