ADVERTISEMENT

VP Harris Admits We Are Entitled To Borders

Barnes and Noble died a different death, Aldi's offered their landlord more money.

I have not been in years, but Lexington KY has a wonderful bookstore called Joseph Beth. I can spend hours at a bookstore. Any other shopping for me is a chore, but books are something different.
Gotcha. Absolutely!

Barnes and Noble died a different death, Aldi's offered their landlord more money.

I have not been in years, but Lexington KY has a wonderful bookstore called Joseph Beth. I can spend hours at a bookstore. Any other shopping for me is a chore, but books are something different.
Then why do you support a Democrat Party that is against Books and free speech?

Well, you've never been to Beer 'N' Bourbon R Us.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
There are no toy stores either.

Beer n bourbon r us sounds like a homerun
I struck up a conversation with a guy at a bar in ATL waiting for a delayed flight to Indy a few years ago. He wanted me to invest in a operation called Books and Brews. I visited the location in Zville a couple of times but just couldn't grasp it. Very few books, bad food, awkward vibe and poor service. Beer was cheap though.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I struck up a conversation with a guy at a bar in ATL waiting for a delayed flight to Indy a few years ago. He wanted me to invest in a operation called Books and Brews. I visited the location in Zville a couple of times but just couldn't grasp it. Very few books, bad food, awkward vibe and poor service. Beer was cheap though.
Interesting. Never heard of it. Some of these concepts are lost on me. The hair place in my office bldg went out of biz as a result of Covid. So I was driving and randomly stopped at a place called 1818 to get a walk in haircut. They had a full bar and wanted to know if I wanted a mixed drink etc. I’m rarely sober in the evenings but I have zero desire to drink getting a haircut.

Interesting. Never heard of it. Some of these concepts are lost on me. The hair place in my office bldg went out of biz as a result of Covid. So I was driving and randomly stopped at a place called 1818 to get a walk in haircut. They had a full bar and wanted to know if I wanted a mixed drink etc. I’m rarely sober in the evenings but I have zero desire to drink getting a haircut.

You just want the barber to be sober. Your condition is irrelevant.

Well, you've never been to Beer 'N' Bourbon R Us

There is a Joseph-Beth at Rookwood Commons (Norwood area) in Cincinnati. The one in Crestview Hills, KY is closing (or has closed) due to Covid. We had one about a mile from us but it was eventually turned into a Fresh Thyme store. The store was great, however, as it even had a bridge over a small "creek."

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
They killed Morganstern's as well, so I am finding it ironic that it is coming back after Borders and Barnes and Noble died in Bloomington

He's been talking that game for a couple years now. I'm not holding my breath. Yes, Covid, but even so...

I’m surprised to hear Barnes and noble died there. I would have thought there’d be enough people in bloomington to support it.

We have multiple here still. I take my daughter to get books about once a month and to wander around. They have some toys and the coffee shop etc as you know. They also jumped in on the print on demand with amazon so had a really strong online presence. When independent publishers went through lightning source and other outlets b&n would list their books online just like amazon. So B&N’s library of online books available rivaled amazon.

I wonder if books a million or whatever it was called is still in the south. They were massive stores
Curious...my daughter will not use an e reader and only reads books in print. Possibly a 180 coming with the younger generation?

Curious...my daughter will not use an e reader and only reads books in print. Possibly a 180 coming with the younger generation?

Just don't go out and buy her an old rotary push-mower so she can mow your grass. You might send her over the edge.

Reactions: larsIU

My rage meter pegs irrationally high when people refer to Aldi as Aldi’s.

It is a Hoosier thing to add 's to things. How about Aldi's owners offered more money since it is impossible for Aldi to offer more.
It’s a southern Indiana and Appalachian thing to do. They do it as far as western PA.

I accept your rewrite.

Those liitle hairs in the foam...

My rage meter pegs irrationally high when people refer to Aldi as Aldi’s.

Kroger, not Kroger's.

HIPAA, not HIPPA.

Couldn't care less, not I could care less.

An, not a. (When my bride was driving her then-92-year-old father back to his assisted living facility after dinner at our house, she was hit while waiting to make a left turn by the local police station. The drunk women who hit her was trying to make a right turn onto the road my wife was on, waiting for the light to turn. My bride, while jumping out of her car and hurling profanity at warp speed, asked the women, "what the fvck is wrong with you?!" The women replied/slurred, "uh, I had a accident." My bride replied/screamed, "Bitch, you didn't have a accident; you had AN accident!" It is now family lore that you don't use "a" and "an" inappropriately unless you want someone you know to go medieval on your ass.)

Kroger, not Kroger's.

HIPAA, not HIPPA.

Couldn't care less, not I could care less.

An, not a. (When my bride was driving her then-92-year-old father back to his assisted living facility after dinner at our house, she was hit while waiting to make a left turn by the local police station. The drunk women who hit her was trying to make a right turn onto the road my wife was on, waiting for the light to turn. My bride, while jumping out of her car and hurling profanity at warp speed, asked the women, "what the fvck is wrong with you?!" The women replied/slurred, "uh, I had a accident." My bride replied/screamed, "Bitch, you didn't have a accident; you had AN accident!" It is now family lore that you don't use "a" and "an" inappropriately unless you want someone you know to go medieval on your ass.)
Lilly's

Adding my peeve here when some one refers to a singular woman, tense not dating status, as women . I actually see it a lot . '' When a women is walking down the street'' as example. Drives me nuts.

Adding my peeve here when some one refers to a singular woman, tense not dating status, as women . I actually see it a lot . '' When a women is walking down the street'' as example. Drives me nuts.
Anybody who does that should be on a Watch List.

Reactions: larsIU
At least JC Penney was a person so making it possessive isn’t awful. Aldi isn’t a person. There’s not some asshole named Johnny Aldi walking around selling off brand groceries.
Court Martials. ATM machine. Alot. Warsh. Many more . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT