ADVERTISEMENT

VP Harris Admits We Are Entitled To Borders

I thought it was a reach when Barr did it. I understand Garland wanting to appear apolitical and to maintain the integrity of the institution, but still... at some point can't you just say your predecessor was a renegade and the department can't defend its previous position?
Barr did a lot of questionable things, but Garland has to deal with the fact that the courts don't look kindly on the government changing its position on everything simply because of a partisan change in leadership. It's all part of the grand fiction of the legal world. If a lawyer puts an argument before the court, it's a good faith legal argument based on solid reasoning, and not politics. Shift-change flip-flops threaten that illusion.

Barr did a lot of questionable things, but Garland has to deal with the fact that the courts don't look kindly on the government changing its position on everything simply because of a partisan change in leadership. It's all part of the grand fiction of the legal world. If a lawyer puts an argument before the court, it's a good faith legal argument based on solid reasoning, and not politics. Shift-change flip-flops threaten that illusion.
I understand all that.

Where I'm uncertain is whether or not Barr's position had any real merit or not. If I does, then Garland is kind of stuck. But if it was totally off the wall, then Garland should be able to disavow it.

I understand all that.

Where I'm uncertain is whether or not Barr's position had any real merit or not. If I does, then Garland is kind of stuck. But if it was totally off the wall, then Garland should be able to disavow it.
Good point. The problem is that Garland is going to be before these same judges on lots of issues, and he can't disavow Barr's position all the time, so he'll have to pick his battles.

In this case, my guess is that he's not eager to disavow Barr, because administrations of all stripes like the idea of insulating themselves from lawsuits, so even if Barr's reasoning was bad, nobody would be going out of their way to give it up without a fight.

Not Dan or Lucy, but ....

AOC and VP both willingly lied about the need and propriety of enforcing immigration laws to gain and retain political power. They also called anyone who supported enforcement of immigration laws “racists” and “white supremacists.” 80,000,000+ Americans willingly ignored the truth and applauded and joined them in their hateful labeling because, you know, “Trump.”

but you knew that ..,
"AOC and VP both willingly lied about the need and propriety of enforcing immigration laws to gain and retain political power. They also called anyone who supported enforcement of immigration laws “racists” and “white supremacists.”

Can you provide a link to the lying, as well as an actual Democrat (not one of the Fox crew describing what they think Dems believe) but an actual Dem saying that Dems believe in open borders?

I understand all that.

Doesn’t matter. You can plead in the alternative. You’re not stuck with any position. He can pursue barr’s arguments as well as any he wants to proffer. Doesn’t have to disavow anything. That’s the point and benefit of discovery - to sort out claims and defenses

Last edited:
"AOC and VP both willingly lied about the need and propriety of enforcing immigration laws to gain and retain political power. They also called anyone who supported enforcement of immigration laws “racists” and “white supremacists.”

Can you provide a link to the lying, as well as an actual Democrat (not one of the Fox crew describing what they think Dems believe) but an actual Dem saying that Dems believe in open borders?
It would take days to find the links to all of your lying. How many words a day do you post? That could take a lot of time.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
I've learned a ton from TMP over the years.

I'd say he has one of the best understanding of basketball analytics as anyone I know.

The dude is highly intelligent. My guess is he's probably bored with the conversations and uses this forum more for snark than knowledge as entertainment.

I think he's also one of the original voices of the WC who set the original rules (like no editing, no crying like a bitch and make relative posts about the topic). Guys like Marvin, COH, TMP, Goat, Courtsense, Ovaltine and Buzz were kindof the godfathers of the WC (I think, apologies if I missed someone).

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

I'd say he has one of the best understanding of basketball analytics as anyone I know.

The dude is highly intelligent. My guess is he's probably bored with the conversations and uses this forum more for snark than knowledge as entertainment.

I think he's also one of the original voices of the WC who set the original rules (like no editing, no crying like a bitch and make relative posts about the topic). Guys like Marvin, COH, TMP, Goat, Courtsense, Ovaltine and Buzz were kindof the godfathers of the WC (I think, apologies if I missed someone).
You bore me without a doubt

Reactions: Lucy01

A stroke must have occurred - bc as a poster he/she is as absurdly partisan as Zeke and as susceptible to wild bot conspiracy shit as any Q loon. Neither reflect intelligence. What’s more no highly intelligent person invests their time posting dumb 20,000 times on a message board. Or has that much disdain for “old white guys.” Or stalks vpm. Beyond idiotic. Mental. “highly intelligent” people don’t invest their time in that fashion.

As I get older I’ve learned Intelligence manifests in countless ways - reciting and recounting history and “book learnin” is about the lowest form - understanding how to communicate with people, how to navigate all the obstacles one faces in life to become successful, how to choose majors and careers and paths to become successful are far more demonstrative indicia of intellect imho than what so many liberals perceive as “intelligence.” Sitting and learning from a book is the easy stuff and doesn’t impress me a lick.

I have three degrees. Crushed the gre. Crushed the lsat. Finished the coursework for a ph.d. Received a master’s degree. Got a law degree. Passed two bar exams. None of it was as remotely intellectually challenging as starting a business from scratch and trying to make it succeed. Not even close. Im up at five am working and reading incessantly bc it’s so hard, and intellectually challenging. and i still can't figure it out. How we think intelligence is demonstrated is fueled by universities etc and it’s way, way off.

Coh practicing law for 50 years and navigating all the bs and obstacles thrown at you. That’s intelligence. Stoll managing 3,000 clients. Getting their shit done. Keeping them protected and compliant - all while accumulating enough wealth to buy out a wife and go shopping for a pad on the beach. That’s intelligence. That’s the hard stuff. Posting about Q and bots shit and we’re all racists - not so much. We obviously view intelligence differently.

As for b-ball shit who cares. It’s a game. And anyone who ever played a sport could see miller wasn’t worth a shit two seasons ago...analytics are worthless when you can’t see the forest for the trees.

Last edited:
A stroke must have occurred - bc as a poster he/she is as absurdly partisan as Zeke and as susceptible to wild bot conspiracy shit as any Q loon. Neither reflect intelligence. What’s more no highly intelligent person invests their time posting dumb 20,000 times on a message board. Or has that much disdain for “old white guys.” Or stalks vpm. Beyond idiotic. Mental. highly intelligent people don’t invest their time in that fashion.

As I get older I’ve learned Intelligence manifests in countless ways - reciting and recounting history and “book learnin” is about the lowest form - understanding how to communicate with people, how to navigate all the obstacles one faces in life to become successful, how to choose majors and careers and paths to become successful are far more demonstrative indicia of intellect imho than what so many liberals perceive as “intelligence.” Sitting and learning from a book is the easy stuff and doesn’t impress me a lick.

I have three degrees. Crushed the gre. Crushed the lsat. Finished the coursework for a ph.d. Received a master’s degree. Got a law degree. Passed two bar exams. None of it was as remotely intellectually challenging as starting a business from scratch and trying to make it succeed. Not even close. Im up at five am working and reading incessantly bc it’s so hard, and intellectually challenging. How we think intelligence is demonstrated is fueled by universities etc and it’s way, way off.

Coh practicing law for 50 years and navigating all the bs and obstacles thrown at you. That’s intelligence. Stoll managing 3,000 clients. Getting their shit done. Keeping them protected and compliant - all while accumulating enough wealth to buy out a wife and go shopping for a pad on the beach. That’s intelligence. That’s the hard stuff. Posting about Q and bots shit and we’re all racists - not so much. We obviously view intelligence differently.

As for b-ball shit who cares. It’s a game. And anyone who ever played a sport could see miller wasn’t worth a shit two seasons ago...analytics are worthless when you can’t see the forest for the trees.
pat-on-back.png

JK.
:)

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Hahaha that’s great
Glad to see that of all the posters on here, you specifically regard COH, Stoll, and yourself as "intelligent", and the qualities you perceive that group to possess are the earmarks of intelligent people.

Damn, I wish I could disagree.

I guess, however, that leaves out regular Joe's, like myself, who have worked in their chosen fields for over 30 years, and regardless of the unspectacular salary, have never missed a payment of any kind, on anything, have been married to the same person for over 30 years, have 2 adult children who are successful and happy in their chosen fields and still enjoy hanging out with the parents and even exhibit the same positive character aspects their mom and dad insisted upon. And, as a couple of Godless libtards, I did serve as Chairman of the Trustees for my church, and my wife did run the church youth program for years.

It must be the negative impact of my 89 year old liberal father, who is not very wise, according to mushroomdick. Of course, he has been married to the same woman for over 70 years, has an engineering degree from a Big 10 school, rarely missed a day of work, has 3 kids who all went to college, and made a good life, and all from his humble beginnings in a one room school house where 1/4 of the students had the same last name as he did...as did the principal.

I know this post was not nearly as interesting as those clever lawyers like COH and Floor put out, but I guess if ignorance is bliss, I'm blistered.

Glad to see that of all the posters on here, you specifically regard COH, Stoll, and yourself as "intelligent", and the qualities you perceive that group to possess are the earmarks of intelligent people.

Damn, I wish I could disagree.

I guess, however, that leaves out regular Joe's, like myself, who have worked in their chosen fields for over 30 years, and regardless of the unspectacular salary, have never missed a payment of any kind, on anything, have been married to the same person for over 30 years, have 2 adult children who are successful and happy in their chosen fields and still enjoy hanging out with the parents and even exhibit the same positive character aspects their mom and dad insisted upon. And, as a couple of Godless libtards, I did serve as Chairman of the Trustees for my church, and my wife did run the church youth program for years.

It must be the negative impact of my 89 year old liberal father, who is not very wise, according to mushroomdick. Of course, he has been married to the same woman for over 70 years, has an engineering degree from a Big 10 school, rarely missed a day of work, has 3 kids who all went to college, and made a good life, and all from his humble beginnings in a one room school house where 1/4 of the students had the same last name as he did...as did the principal.

I know this post was not nearly as interesting as those clever lawyers like COH and Floor put out, but I guess if ignorance is bliss, I'm blistered.
all indicia of intelligence. every last bit. You and yours should be profoundly proud. none of which is in keeping with the liberal elite bs mistaken for intelligence. Tracking Q and all the nonsense that bears zero to 99.99999 percent of peoples’ actual lives. Not intelligent. just an opinion.

As for intelligent liberal posters - I’ve learned from many on this board.

Last edited:

TMP? He’s a parrot.

all indicia of intelligence. every last bit. You and yours should be profoundly proud. none of which is in keeping with the liberal elite bs mistaken for intelligence. Tracking Q and all the nonsense that bears zero to 99.99999 percent of peoples’ actual lives. Not intelligent. just an opinion.

As for intelligent liberal posters - I’ve learned from many on this board.
Meh...my unwise liberal dad always taught us kids to not feel too much pride in doing what you ought to do, and I agree.
Man, he wasn't very wise. Certainly not as wise as the board's wise man, mushroomdick.

A stroke must have occurred - bc as a poster he/she is as absurdly partisan as Zeke and as susceptible to wild bot conspiracy shit as any Q loon. Neither reflect intelligence. What’s more no highly intelligent person invests their time posting dumb 20,000 times on a message board. Or has that much disdain for “old white guys.” Or stalks vpm. Beyond idiotic. Mental. “highly intelligent” people don’t invest their time in that fashion.

I have three degrees. Crushed the gre. Crushed the lsat. Finished the coursework for a ph.d. Received a master’s degree. Got a law degree. Passed two bar exams. None of it was as remotely intellectually challenging as starting a business from scratch and trying to make it succeed. Not even close. Im up at five am working and reading incessantly bc it’s so hard, and intellectually challenging. and i still can't figure it out. How we think intelligence is demonstrated is fueled by universities etc and it’s way, way off.

Damn, your accomplishments are inspirational! How you could do so much and remain humble and respectful of others who have not been nearly as successful is truly amazing. And to be able to post on this board nonstop from morning to night while still running an incredibly successful business just adds to your impressive list of talents. To top it all off, you and Stoll have accumulated so much wealth you could “buy out a wife”!

You are really a gem of a guy!

Damn, your accomplishments are inspirational! How you could do so much and remain humble and respectful of others who have not been nearly as successful is truly amazing. And to be able to post on this board nonstop from morning to night while still running an incredibly successful business just adds to your impressive list of talents. To top it all off, you and Stoll have accumulated so much wealth you could “buy out a wife”!

You are really a gem of a guy!
i'm stuck in front of a computer 12 hours a day. it's a nice distraction. but congrats on your 3,662 content free post. you taking a break from your "you're an idiot" posts?

Reactions: Crayfish57

As for TMP’s basketball savvy. You can almost pinpoint the moment in time he learned about basketballreference.com and started regurgitating back to the posters on the free board.

Any of you bragging bastards own a 14x70 and a Chevy S10 free and clear? Huh? Huh???

Didn't think so.

Reactions: Circlejoe
He’s a 55 year old Asian dude with daddy issueswho got beat up by German bullies as a kid. I got into way to any back & forths with him years ago until I discovered I will never understand him because I am not a miserable failure. He‘s like Will in Good Will Hunting but without the genius. He regurgitates the thoughts of others & hates everything & anybody different than him. He’d be fine if he stuck to IU basketball...

I have thought through the thread, if we were entitled to Borders we would have shopped there and not let Amazon crush it.
i like this post marv but sort of disagree. amazon kind of destroyed borders but technology destroyed borders. amazon used the tech of online, provided amazing opportunities for authors to self pub, and market books. borders and the independent shops were too late to that game. i love book stores; loved hanging in book stores, but americans went digital, shopped online, wanted a wider selection, and had starbucks to read at so didn't need the quiet of the bookstore. amazon gave people what they wanted, including authors who were ignored a platform to publish and sell and market their own books, while borders was too late to react.

kind of a shame. if i missed a broader point you were making i apologize. i got distracted by the thought of amazon and borders. as a random aside barnes and noble survived in part by adopting much of what amazon was doing, including self-publishing

Last edited:
i like this post marv but sort of disagree. amazon kind of destroyed borders but technology destroyed borders. amazon used the tech of online, provided amazing opportunities for authors to self pub, and market books. borders and the independent shops were too late to that game. i love book stores; loved hanging in book stores, but americans went digital, shopped online, wanted a wider selection, and had starbucks to read at so didn't need the quiet of the bookstore. amazon gave people what they wanted, including authors who were ignored a platform to publish and sell and market their own books, while borders was too late to react
I too love bookstores, and loved Borders. I even bought their e-reader. But Amazon could leverage toothpaste, crackers, socks, to keep their book prices low and of course has very speedy delivery. A local Borders just could not afford to carry How to Avoid Large Ships.

I too love bookstores, and loved Borders. I even bought their e-reader. But Amazon could leverage toothpaste, crackers, socks, to keep their book prices low and of course has very speedy delivery. A local Borders just could not afford to carry How to Avoid Large Ships.
For sure. And when amazon partnered with lightning source and others they opened up an entirely new revenue stream. Print on demand, etc

I didn't have any sympathy for Borders or Barnes & Noble. They're the ones who put places like Howard's out of business.

Joie actually did a helluva job staying open as long as she did. She did it almost single handedly, and didn't make any money to speak of. She and I have remained close friends to this day.

lol. but we were wrong. they are going to go back to also making little trucks like the s10 and ranger for "cheap."

Those VW diesel pickups were sweet if you wanted something to haul a little and good fuel economy. I never got the ranger and S10 for the limits in space vs meager if any fuel economy gains

i like this post marv but sort of disagree. amazon kind of destroyed borders but technology destroyed borders. amazon used the tech of online, provided amazing opportunities for authors to self pub, and market books. borders and the independent shops were too late to that game. i love book stores; loved hanging in book stores, but americans went digital, shopped online, wanted a wider selection, and had starbucks to read at so didn't need the quiet of the bookstore. amazon gave people what they wanted, including authors who were ignored a platform to publish and sell and market their own books, while borders was too late to react.

kind of a shame. if i missed a broader point you were making i apologize. i got distracted by the thought of amazon and borders. as a random aside barnes and noble survived in part by adopting much of what amazon was doing, including self-publishing
I didn't have any sympathy for Borders or Barnes & Noble. They're the ones who put places like Howard's out of business.

Joie actually did a helluva job staying open as long as she did. She did it almost single handedly, and didn't make any money to speak of. She and I have remained close friends to this day.

Fox Books destroys The Shop Around The Corner in a remake distributed by Warner Bros to promote AOL and the new internet.

then the internet destroys Fox Books and AOL destroys Time Warner.

just when people think they've got it all figured out.

f3b8f450855eaf79e27f0e437d023715.jpg

Last edited:

They killed Morganstern's as well, so I am finding it ironic that it is coming back after Borders and Barnes and Noble died in Bloomington

TMP is one of the more intelligent posters around these parts, but if he ever put any effort into a Water Cooler post, I never saw it. When he shows up at the WC, it's just to troll. But check out his work on the hoops forum. There, he's only trolling about 95% of the time, and the other 5% are gold, Jerry, gold!

They killed Morganstern's as well, so I am finding it ironic that it is coming back after Borders and Barnes and Noble died in Bloomington
I’m surprised to hear Barnes and noble died there. I would have thought there’d be enough people in bloomington to support it.

We have multiple here still. I take my daughter to get books about once a month and to wander around. They have some toys and the coffee shop etc as you know. They also jumped in on the print on demand with amazon so had a really strong online presence. When independent publishers went through lightning source and other outlets b&n would list their books online just like amazon. So B&N’s library of online books available rivaled amazon.

I wonder if books a million or whatever it was called is still in the south. They were massive stores

I’m surprised to hear Barnes and noble died there. I would have thought there’d be enough people in bloomington to support it.

We have multiple here still. I take my daughter to get books about once a month and to wander around. They have some toys and the coffee shop etc as you know. They also jumped in on the print on demand with amazon so had a really strong online presence. When independent publishers went through lightning source and other outlets b&n would list their books online just like amazon. So B&N’s library of online books available rivaled amazon.

I wonder if books a million or whatever it was called is still in the south. They were massive stores
Barnes and Noble died a different death, Aldi's offered their landlord more money.

I have not been in years, but Lexington KY has a wonderful bookstore called Joseph Beth. I can spend hours at a bookstore. Any other shopping for me is a chore, but books are something different.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT