ADVERTISEMENT

Video Shows Police Officer Violently Arresting Black Student in Her Classroom.....

I have 1. She wouldn't cause a problem in the classroom or be disruptive. She polite and respectful of others. In short, all of our kids practice the golden rule. They empathize with others and respect their elders. That's all I'm saying. I see far too much rationalizing by parents for their kids $hitty behavior basically because they're too lazy to parent or believe that their kids can do no wrong. I'll say again that the officer was wrong to have handled it the way that he did. There's no denying that.
Stories seem to be clear that this officer had a history, especially with the black students. Would you want her to still "respect her elders" in that situation? Shouldn't kids also be taught to stand up for themselves in the face of injustice?

I can't argue that, Goat and I'd not seen or heard that she was being reprimanded for her actions. In spite of what has been said in this thread, it has actually regressed with kids these days and their lack of respect for authority. I know it's an age old problem but it has (IMHO) gotten worse. If she complies with the teacher, which she obviously should have, then none of this happens. How again is she not responsible for setting all of this into motion? That is my point. Read the article.
I read the article. It went far beyond what you are currently claiming. At least 50% of the opposition to you in this thread right now is probably actually a response to the drivel in that article you endorsed.

Reactions: RBB89
Stories seem to be clear that this officer had a history, especially with the black students. Would you want her to still "respect her elders" in that situation? Shouldn't kids also be taught to stand up for themselves in the face of injustice?

I read the article. It went far beyond what you are currently claiming. At least 50% of the opposition to you in this thread right now is probably actually a response to the drivel in that article you endorsed.
There was a black female student interviewed who said she liked the officer and that he was "fair" and "nice" and only kids who didn't comply were an issue. Where in the hell is the "injustice" in a teacher in a HS class asking a student to put away their phone? Where in the fvck are you guys coming from? It's ridiculous.

Reactions: sluggo69
There was a black female student interviewed who said she liked the officer and that he was "fair" and "nice" and only kids who didn't comply were an issue. Where in the hell is the "injustice" in a teacher in a HS class asking a student to put away their phone? Where in the fvck are you guys coming from? It's ridiculous.
I thought you understood what we were talking about?

Who said it was an injustice to not let her use her phone?

That's stupid as shit, dude.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I thought you understood what we were talking about?

Who said it was an injustice to not let her use her phone?

That's stupid as shit, dude.
No. What's "stupid as shit, dude" is saying "shouldn't kids be taught to stand up to injustice" in the context of this situation. That statement has no place here. There was no injustice, so there was nothing for her to stand up to. She was being a punk a$$ little b!tch and none of this had to happen if she just has some respect for the teacher AND the officer. That's my point.

No. What's "stupid as shit, dude" is saying "shouldn't kids be taught to stand up to injustice" in the context of this situation. That statement has no place here. There was no injustice, so there was nothing for her to stand up to. She was being a punk a$$ little b!tch and none of this had to happen if she just has some respect for the teacher AND the officer. That's my point.
EDIT: Are we ever going to get beyond playing the race card! Ever? Not all of the black students had a problem with him. The ones who were supposedly involved with gang activity did. Do you live there? Do you know that to be unfounded? Why would other minority students defend him if he were racist?

EDIT: Are we ever going to get beyond playing the race card! Ever? Not all of the black students had a problem with him. The ones who were supposedly involved with gang activity did. Do you live there? Do you know that to be unfounded? Why would other minority students defend him if he were racist?
So now she's a gangbanger?

No, you're right. I can't imagine why race is even an issue in this conversation.

Jesus Christ, dude. It's like you left yourself logged in on a public computer and Scott sat down and started posting.

I'm NOT dedending the officer. I'm points out that none of the discussion is about the teenager and her actions. None. The argument that "a teenager didn't listen" *SHOCKER* is beyond weak. Her parents need to actually parent her. My kids would be in far more trouble with me than with the officer or the school (No I wouldn't beat them). Then again, I've actually taught my kids respect and empathy (for the job the teacher has to do) and they'd NEVER do anything like that. But people like you want to focus on the outcome instead of addressing the issue that was the cause. The student. You and the other worthless parents are the problem. The officer's $hitty actions are the result. That girl will have learned absolutely nothing from this other than her $hitty, punk a$$ actions have now been not just accepted by society, but embraced. Congrats, dumba$$.

Mz simple point is the officer is an asshole who should lose his job.

He did, so apparently I'm not alone.

If that's the best he can do to deal with a situation, then he needs a new line of work. He's clealry too stupid or poorly trained to handle a not so difficult or unusual situation.

So now she's a gangbanger?

No, you're right. I can't imagine why race is even an issue in this conversation.

Jesus Christ, dude. It's like you left yourself logged in on a public computer and Scott sat down and started posting.
She's not. Other students (including black students) said that he had run ins with students who were known to be involved in gang activity and that he was a nice guy. Where in the hell did I say anything about her being involved with gang activity? He was wrong to do what he did but, again, other black students have said that he was a nice guy (nor racist). This is about her noncompliance and his overreaction. Jeebus can we please quit making every fvcking thing about race. It's ridiculous. That doesn't make me Scott. If you want to hold her blameless for all this, you're a fvcking idiot and part of the problem. I'm done.

Mz simple point is the officer is an asshole who should lose his job.

He did, so apparently I'm not alone.

If that's the best he can do to deal with a situation, then he needs a new line of work. He's clealry too stupid or poorly trained to handle a not so difficult or unusual situation.
You're right. And my point is that none of that happens if she has ANY respect for either the teacher or the officer. How would you handle that situation, Ziz? I'm serious. Just curious.

Dug's point is completely valid, the OP's point is completely valid. The two sides of the argument are not mutually exclusive, they can coexist. This has become an argument of which point deserves more emphasis.

I do find it interesting that people can draw such iron clad, clear cut opinions based on a 15 second video.

Reactions: hoosierdug
It is not a question of validity, but a question of presentation. You nailed it with the comment on a 15 second video, however, nothing that kid did deserved that reaction. That is a child we are talking about. A child. Because her skin color isn't an issue for me, it is easy for me to get upset by the video. Had it been my child, I would be in prison. Adults model the behavior for the kids. He didn't. He went full roid-rage.

1. Proximate cause is "stupid":
Girl - stupid young.
Cop - stupid with seasoning

2. Not everything is about race, especially when stupid is in the room.

3. I'm SOOOOO glad the federal government is going to help, because 2 stupids plus 1 cell phone should ALWAYS involve the FBI, the Justice Department, the EPA, the Department of Education, the CIA, and a President. No other way to solve any problem. The Man has grown to fill every space. Good work.

I declare STFU Friday.

It is about race, completely. If it was a white girl, the wording of this thread would have been entirely different, especially a couple of posts I made. White people overwhelmingly assume if a black is being beaten by a cop, they did something to "deserve" it. When IU bball gets a white recruit, my first reaction is usually "goddamnit."

Whether Hoosierdug wants to admit it or not, he would not be near as angry at a pretty, blonde white girl. For the record, I am not calling him a racist, I think it is ingrained / programmed response. Citizens in this country are taught by all forms of media to hate those how are different so we don't focus on the real issue in this country. It is the politics of division: keep the masses divided so the chosen few can rule.

I declare Bastille Friday.

Dug, this is your Outside Shooter thread.
Nah. That was the one from the fall of 2012 and involved $ and TMP, before (rightfully) getting piled on by the entire board. Dude, I said that the officer was/is wrong in what he did. I'm just saying that none of that happens of that girl isn't a little beotch. It's not a racial thing. It's a punk a$$ kid thing. It's a sore spot with me because I know and see so many kids who's parents don't give a chit or rationalize their chitty behavior. I'm not $hitter bat chit crazy. Now if I start calling her a mewling quim....

It is about race, completely. If it was a white girl, the wording of this thread would have been entirely different, especially a couple of posts I made. White people overwhelmingly assume if a black is being beaten by a cop, they did something to "deserve" it. When IU bball gets a white recruit, my first reaction is usually "goddamnit."

Whether Hoosierdug wants to admit it or not, he would not be near as angry at a pretty, blonde white girl. For the record, I am not calling him a racist, I think it is ingrained / programmed response. Citizens in this country are taught by all forms of media to hate those how are different so we don't focus on the real issue in this country. It is the politics of division: keep the masses divided so the chosen few can rule.

I declare Bastille Friday.
Dammit! I do not care about race. The cop WAS WRONG for doing what he did. Regardless of race. And I KNOW I would feel the exact same way if it were a "pretty blonde white girl". As I said, I've watched so many kids of people I know act out and their parents rationalize their behavior or just literally say "well, what are you gonna do?" These are white kids. Spoiled, entitled white kids. It's not about race. It's about being taught respect and empathy for others and the golden rule. That's it.
FWIW, I couldn't agree more with your last statement regarding the divide and conquer.

Last edited:
Dammit! I do not care about race. The cop WAS WRONG for doing what he did. Regardless of race. And I KNOW I would feel the exact same way if it were a "pretty blonde white girl". As I said, I've watched so many kids of people I know act out and their parents rationalize their behavior or just literally say "well, what are you gonna do?" These are white kids. Spoiled, entitled white kids. It's not about race. It's about being taught respect and apathy for others and the golden rule. That's it.
FWIW, I couldn't agree more with your last statement regarding the divide and conquer.
respect and apathy

I don't think that means what you think it means.

Nah. That was the one from the fall of 2012 and involved $ and TMP, before (rightfully) getting piled on by the entire board. Dude, I said that the officer was/is wrong in what he did. I'm just saying that none of that happens of that girl isn't a little beotch. It's not a racial thing. It's a punk a$$ kid thing. It's a sore spot with me because I know and see so many kids who's parents don't give a chit or rationalize their chitty behavior. I'm not $hitter bat chit crazy. Now if I start calling her a mewling quim....

I remember that 2012 thread....great ATOF entertainment. :)

After all this back and forth, and disagreement.....could we just come to the conclusion..... that if this girl was instead outside chitter getting manhandled, we'd be holding an ATOF kegger in the cops honor?.....could we?......please?

"Stories seem to be clear that this officer had a history, especially with the black students."

According to other stories, he dated black chicks.

Oh what oh what should we selectively choose to believe?

"If she had been white" is a BS dodge.
She wasn't.
So "what if" has nothing to do with anything.

If I want to make it a race thing, I choose "x"
If I don't, I choose "y"

Yawn.

Stupid young chicki acted stupid.
Stupid older cop dude acted more stupid.
Stupid won.

Yes, when it quits being an issue. Hope it's soon.

She's not. Other students (including black students) said that he had run ins with students who were known to be involved in gang activity and that he was a nice guy. Where in the hell did I say anything about her being involved with gang activity? He was wrong to do what he did but, again, other black students have said that he was a nice guy (nor racist). This is about her noncompliance and his overreaction. Jeebus can we please quit making every fvcking thing about race. It's ridiculous. That doesn't make me Scott. If you want to hold her blameless for all this, you're a fvcking idiot and part of the problem. I'm done.
Your problem is you are equating any of what I said with wanting to "hold her blameless." I don't know if she is a trouble student. But I do know that the cop did not behave appropriately.

"Stories seem to be clear that this officer had a history, especially with the black students."

According to other stories, he dated black chicks.

Oh what oh what should we selectively choose to believe?

"If she had been white" is a BS dodge.
She wasn't.
So "what if" has nothing to do with anything.

If I want to make it a race thing, I choose "x"
If I don't, I choose "y"

Yawn.

Stupid young chicki acted stupid.
Stupid older cop dude acted more stupid.
Stupid won.
Did you have a stroke recently?

This is a better take....
http://madworldnews.com/applaud-termination-officer/
But let's make all of the discourse about the poor handling of the student, NOT about the idiot, disrespectful little punk a$$ that caused this whole thing.

The 16 year-old kid (or has you refer to her, idiot, disrespectful little punk a$$) just lost her mother and is living in a foster home. Do you want to have discourse about why she might be in a bad spot?

She wouldn't put her phone down so the school called a cop. The cop showed up and mopped the floor with her. Any training or experience this officer had failed him miserably.

The 16 year-old kid (or has you refer to her, idiot, disrespectful little punk a$$) just lost her mother and is living in a foster home. Do you want to have discourse about why she might be in a bad spot?

She wouldn't put her phone down so the school called a cop. The cop showed up and mopped the floor with her. Any training or experience this officer had failed him miserably.
If you want to make excuses for why she wouldn't comply with the teacher's request and abide by the rules that everyone else has to, you're welcome to. While sad, it doesn't excuse her from behaving that way. She was far from a model student prior to all of that. But go ahead and create a bullchit narrative to create an excuse.

If you want to make excuses for why she wouldn't comply with the teacher's request and abide by the rules that everyone else has to, you're welcome to. While sad, it doesn't excuse her from behaving that way. She was far from a model student prior to all of that. But go ahead and create a bullchit narrative to create an excuse.

Quit justifying the actions. Typing that the officer was wrong and then giving him a defense for his actions is just a way to justify it without just admitting that she deserved it.

Apparently you think that a kid who won't give up their phone (oh my god! she wouldn't give up her phone!!) deserved to be body slammed because she wasn't compliant.

You want to live in a society where everybody does as they are told. And if not then deal with the consequences. I hope that society never takes hold. The results have never been good.

She was being a bitchy teenager and you think that's the problem.

It doesn't matter what the reasoning, she was wrong. EVERYONE gets that, but the actions of the officer were unwarranted and completely over the top. DO YOU GET THAT? That's the issue. Not if she was a "punk ass gangsta b*tch", but that the short dicked over compensating never got laid in HS cop used excessive force.

Did you get beat up by black girls in HS or something? Jesus dude..

When your daughter gets sexually assaulted because she was too drunk to know what she was doing, I'm sure you'll lay the blame at her feet rather than wanting to kill the guy that assaulted her.

"Well, what he did was bad honey, but if you hadn't been drunk, none of this would've ever happened!"

Sounds pretty stupid huh?

Dug's point is completely valid, the OP's point is completely valid. The two sides of the argument are not mutually exclusive, they can coexist. This has become an argument of which point deserves more emphasis.

Yeah and I think it is clear which point deserves more emphasis: Point A is that the student was acting like a bitchy teenager and her actions initiated the police officer's involvement. Point B is that the police officer went nuclear with a bitchy teenager being a bitchy teenager and used an entirely disproportionate amount of force. Any disagreement with the statement of Point A or Point B? No? Good.

Here's why Point A basically deserves the emphasis of "So What?": there have always and will always be lots of people who for selfishness, assholishness, general stupidity, or whatever reason do not comply with societal rules. This is not groundbreaking. You know how I know that? Because there have been literally millions of men and women employed in law enforcement over time to respond to these people.

Here's why Point B deserves emphasis: This guy is employed, meaning specifically plucked out of the milieu of dude's just existing, scratching their asses and doing power cleans to kill time, given a paycheck and a pension, given a gun, and given special authority to detain people and use force against them. And he just showed why that was a really bad idea to employ him at a position that provides so much public authority and trust.

THAT'S the point of why this should be somewhat alarming. Maybe not this one dipshit as a single example, but as part of a systemic issue that we now see more because everyone has a video camera on them at all time.

Yeah and I think it is clear which point deserves more emphasis: Point A is that the student was acting like a bitchy teenager and her actions initiated the police officer's involvement. Point B is that the police officer went nuclear with a bitchy teenager being a bitchy teenager and used an entirely disproportionate amount of force. Any disagreement with the statement of Point A or Point B? No? Good.

Here's why Point A basically deserves the emphasis of "So What?": there have always and will always be lots of people who for selfishness, assholishness, general stupidity, or whatever reason do not comply with societal rules. This is not groundbreaking. You know how I know that? Because there have been literally millions of men and women employed in law enforcement over time to respond to these people.

Here's why Point B deserves emphasis: This guy is employed, meaning specifically plucked out of the milieu of dude's just existing, scratching their asses and doing power cleans to kill time, given a paycheck and a pension, given a gun, and given special authority to detain people and use force against them. And he just showed why that was a really bad idea to employ him at a position that provides so much public authority and trust.

THAT'S the point of why this should be somewhat alarming. Maybe not this one dipshit as a single example, but as part of a systemic issue that we now see more because everyone has a video camera on them at all time.
well done.

well done.

giphy.gif

Reactions: T.M.P. and IUecho87
When your daughter gets sexually assaulted because she was too drunk to know what she was doing, I'm sure you'll lay the blame at her feet rather than wanting to kill the guy that assaulted her.

"Well, what he did was bad honey, but if you hadn't been drunk, none of this would've ever happened!"

That has to be the stupidest ****ing analogy in the history of analogies. No surprise it came from you

Not as stupid as comparing that to rape.

If everyone complied with the rules and respected authority, we wouldn't need cops. Welcome to Earth.

If everyone complied with the rules and respected authority, we wouldn't need cops. Welcome to Earth.
You're right. Fvck it. Everybody should just quit trying. Don't try to teach kids respect. Welcome to rationalizing chit down to the lowest level. Then again, we are all IU basketball fans so this is, I suppose, par for the course.

Last edited:
Reactions: twenty02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT