ADVERTISEMENT

Video Shows Police Officer Violently Arresting Black Student in Her Classroom.....

However you want to spin it. Typical.

Works both ways, but adds little.
So does the interjection of race. It added nothing to this but muddying the waters surrounding very poor handling of the situation by the officer and poor behavior by a student who was bent on showing up her teacher (and anyone else) in front of her classmates. Funny how the talk about him being a racist has gone out the window. That card has got to quit being played. I'm still waiting to hear how you would handle that situation.

So does the interjection of race. It added nothing to this but muddying the waters surrounding very poor handling of the situation by the officer and poor behavior by a student who was bent on showing up her teacher (and anyone else) in front of her classmates. Funny how the talk about him being a racist has gone out the window. That card has got to quit being played. I'm still waiting to hear how you would handle that situation.

I actually regret adding race to the post because it has become a lightening rod that wasn't the point of the post.

The point was that the action by the officer was way over the line and he has been fired as he should be.

The second point was that black people have experienced unfair treatment from authority and acts like this only feed it.

I would guess that if this was a blonde white girl there is little chance the action by the officer would have been the same, but nobody can prove that.

History points that way, but most don't like history when it doesn't fit their needs.

I actually regret adding race to the post because it has become a lightening rod that wasn't the point of the post.

The point was that the action by the officer was way over the line and he has been fired as he should be.

The second point was that black people have experienced unfair treatment from authority and acts like this only feed it.

I would guess that if this was a blonde white girl there is little chance the action by the officer would have been the same, but nobody can prove that.

History points that way, but most don't like history when it doesn't fit their needs.

So - way back in the day, before I met Ms. MTIOTF - I once dated this great looking blonde.
She use to get pulled over like 5 times a week - just so the cops could get her license and chat her up.
Hot lives matter!

Acts like what? That stupidity, on both sides, didn't have a damn thing to do with race. Period.

Acts like what? That stupidity, on both sides, didn't have a damn thing to do with race. Period.

Dude, we're not that far apart.

You just think that the act was somewhat justified because the the girl was being a bitch and I don't.

The only point of race was that the officers actions will only feed the belief that people of color are getting screwed.

Without any proof, I am still willing to bet that if the same student were a blonde white girl she does get body slammed.

Dude, we're not that far apart.

You just think that the act was somewhat justified because the the girl was being a bitch and I don't.

The only point of race was that the officers actions will only feed the belief that people of color are getting screwed.

Without any proof, I am still willing to bet that if the same student were a blonde white girl she does get body slammed.
Don't back off. No reason to regret bringing race into this. The fact is, whenever there is a conflict between someone in authority and a minority, the White Intelligentsia goes out of its way to explain why the minority behaved in a way that naturally brought on the conflict. Even while admitting the authority figure was out of line, the WI feels the need to always add a "but..." followed by what the minority did wrong. Some of them - e.g., dug - even get offended if the rest of us aren't adequately addressing the faults of the minority, because that somehow means we are condoning bad behavior.

This is absolutely a race problem. If she were a white blonde girl, not only would she not have been body slammed, but the officer probably never would have been called to the classroom in the first place. Instead, the teacher would have waited for her to put her phone away, shot her a dirty look, and everyone would have had a nice polite laugh about it.

Reactions: HOOS13R
Don't back off. No reason to regret bringing race into this. The fact is, whenever there is a conflict between someone in authority and a minority, the White Intelligentsia goes out of its way to explain why the minority behaved in a way that naturally brought on the conflict. Even while admitting the authority figure was out of line, the WI feels the need to always add a "but..." followed by what the minority did wrong. Some of them - e.g., dug - even get offended if the rest of us aren't adequately addressing the faults of the minority, because that somehow means we are condoning bad behavior.

This is absolutely a race problem. If she were a white blonde girl, not only would she not have been body slammed, but the officer probably never would have been called to the classroom in the first place. Instead, the teacher would have waited for her to put her phone away, shot her a dirty look, and everyone would have had a nice polite laugh about it.

I am apparently not expressing myself well today.

My first objection is police overreaction.

My second is that this would never have happened to a blonde white girl.

I'm tired goat. I was just trying to move on. White people are the most privileged, yet feel like somebody else is screwing them.

Very few have ever experienced any real discrimination, but they know what's it's like.

I'm tired goat. I was just trying to move on. White people are the most privileged, yet feel like somebody else is screwing them.

Very few have ever experienced any real discrimination, but they know what's it's like.
I know. It's very tiring. But so few white people have the ability to even begin to see this issue accurately, you gotta stick with it, for the sake of the planet.

Reactions: Zizkov
I am apparently not expressing myself well today.

My first objection is police overreaction.

My second is that this would never have happened to a blonde white girl.

Let's further make it about race!

I speculate if it had been a ugly fat girl, it would have happened.

I speculate if it had been an part Asian part Eskimo, medium build male, it would NOT have happened.

If it had happened in Texas, and it was a female Hispanic pig-shaped red head, it would not have happened.

See? I speculate and it seems silly.

Others speculate and it establishes racism.

Life is funny.

I ain't got time racism, especially when it has to be speculatively imagined.

Listen to me - not Goat.

And this stupid as fvck post is why this country will NEVER get past its race issues. Ever. Good gawd you're fvcking insufferable. Along with all of the other morons who think like you. More than likely, in the scenario you put forth, the "white blonde girl" would've put her damn phone away and VOILA! No problem. But no. It gets turned into something racial. Funny how the other minority (read:black kids) that attend that school walked out in protest/support of the racist officer. Dude, you can believe whatever the hell you want to and label me racist and I could give a shit. I know that I'm not. I know that I grew up with plenty of black friends. Did artwork in HS based upon Steven Biko and apartheid. My best freind while we lived in Chicago was black (he was a groomsman in our wedding). So....what....the....fvck.....ever. It's idiots like you that promote the continuation of these issues where there is no issue. I'm truly fone with your stupid racist a$$. Yes. YOU are the racist.

And this stupid as fvck post is why this country will NEVER get past its race issues. Ever. Good gawd you're fvcking insufferable. Along with all of the other morons who think like you. More than likely, in the scenario you put forth, the "white blonde girl" would've put her damn phone away and VOILA! No problem. But no. It gets turned into something racial. Funny how the other minority (read:black kids) that attend that school walked out in protest/support of the racist officer. Dude, you can believe whatever the hell you want to and label me racist and I could give a shit. I know that I'm not. I know that I grew up with plenty of black friends. Did artwork in HS based upon Steven Biko and apartheid. My best freind while we lived in Chicago was black (he was a groomsman in our wedding). So....what....the....fvck.....ever. It's idiots like you that promote the continuation of these issues where there is no issue. I'm truly fone with your stupid racist a$$. Yes. YOU are the racist.
Let's maybe have this debate some other time when you aren't ragging.

Let's maybe have this debate some other time when you aren't ragging.
It'll never be a good time. People like you will always make excuses and empower dipchits like her and create a race issue where there is none. Yea, I'm on the rag. That's it. Keep up your racist views. Again, idiots like you, who teach kids this chit, are why there's a lack of respect for ANY authority and we will never be able to move on as a society. Well done.

It'll never be a good time. People like you will always make excuses and empower dipchits like her and create a race issue where there is none. Yea, I'm on the rag. That's it. Keep up your racist views. Again, idiots like you, who teach kids this chit, are why there's a lack of respect for ANY authority and we will never be able to move on as a society. Well done.
You have serious issues.

Reactions: HOOS13R
I can't argue that, Goat and I'd not seen or heard that she was being reprimanded for her actions. In spite of what has been said in this thread, it has actually regressed with kids these days and their lack of respect for authority. I know it's an age old problem but it has (IMHO) gotten worse. If she complies with the teacher, which she obviously should have, then none of this happens. How again is she not responsible for setting all of this into motion? That is my point. Read the article.
If someone says "kids these days" again I am going to puke. Jeebus. They are friggin kids. Stop expecting them to act like adults. FO.

If it will make y'all feel better, 2 black cops shot and killed a white guy here last week. He pointed a BB gun at em.

He was a punk and they were good shots.

No film at 11.

If someone says "kids these days" again I am going to puke. Jeebus. They are friggin kids. Stop expecting them to act like adults. FO.
They're in HS, Nancy. smdh Instead of puking, maybe you could just kill yourself. TIA

So tell us what your black friends would think about this video?

Have you been on a bender or something? You are becoming completely unhinged. And you just brought out the "black friend" argument. That's...not a good idea.

So tell us what your black friends would think about this video?
Given the background info we now have on both the girl and the officer? Yeah. They don't have a problem with it. Of course, they don't look at every person and situation as a reason to bring up race or make excuses for showing no respect to teachers or authority who are clearly in the right.

Reactions: MaxCoke

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen you post...by far

Reactions: mike41703
Have you been on a bender or something? You are becoming completely unhinged. And you just brought out the "black friend" argument. That's...not a good idea.
I could give a fvck what you think. Seriously. It isn't "a friend". It's been my whole life, dude. But thanks anyway.

Let's further make it about race!

I speculate if it had been a ugly fat girl, it would have happened.

I speculate if it had been an part Asian part Eskimo, medium build male, it would NOT have happened.

If it had happened in Texas, and it was a female Hispanic pig-shaped red head, it would not have happened.

See? I speculate and it seems silly.

Others speculate and it establishes racism.

Life is funny.

I ain't got time racism, especially when it has to be speculatively imagined.

Listen to me - not Goat.

That's cute and all, but there is decades of history to back up the race argument. You just wrote a bunch of crap that attempts to belittle, but actually says nothing. It's a typical right wing thing. Dflect and hope it goes away.

That's cute and all, but there is decades of history to back up the race argument. You just wrote a bunch of crap that attempts to belittle, but actually says nothing. It's a typical right wing thing. Dflect and hope it goes away.

BS

YOU deflect.

The cop is a white guy,
The student is black.
Slavery and Jim Crow happened.
Does NOT mean this cop slapped her because she is black.

He dates black chicks.
Explain that.
Deflect that.

I'd say modern facts state/imply/suggest more accurately than old history.

Just because the guy was a power freak jerk doesn't mean he has to be a racist too - and dug has a point: playing the race card when it doesn't really apply hurts race relations and diminishes the wrongfulness/waters down the harm of actual racism.

The cop is a dick who got what he deserved. That's enough.

Plus, my stuff is not "cute"
It's stunningly brilliant and incisive and [insert extra complimentary adjectives here]. Typical right wing thing. I'm a freaking Goldreagan savant!

Everybody knows about Mississippi.

I am curious how many people have, or have had children in high school recently. You might have heard of similar disobedient kids in your own local schools. My kids described incidents like this student that ignored requests to follow directions. Often, these events result in shooting matches that disturb multiple classrooms. In their case according to my daughter, the safety officer spends too much time negotiating and in her opinion gives in to the student. The teachers are scared of some students, and probably are correct in feeling that way.

You know there are kids that just don't give a sh!t. They aren't going to get in trouble at home. They have no fear from anyone in authority. They are only in school because the state is making them. The safety officer in this case would appear to have over reacted, however there was a walk out during class to show support for him. Why? The kids that behave and follow the rules like it when the worst of the school are dealt with and feel less safe when they are allowed to keep repeating the same thing again and again.

Nobody expects to see this happen unless there is a weapon or someone's safety is immediately at risk. How does one force a kid to comply if they don't want to?

Reactions: twenty02
I am curious how many people have, or have had children in high school recently. You might have heard of similar disobedient kids in your own local schools. My kids described incidents like this student that ignored requests to follow directions. Often, these events result in shooting matches that disturb multiple classrooms. In their case according to my daughter, the safety officer spends too much time negotiating and in her opinion gives in to the student. The teachers are scared of some students, and probably are correct in feeling that way.

You know there are kids that just don't give a sh!t. They aren't going to get in trouble at home. They have no fear from anyone in authority. They are only in school because the state is making them. The safety officer in this case would appear to have over reacted, however there was a walk out during class to show support for him. Why? The kids that behave and follow the rules like it when the worst of the school are dealt with and feel less safe when they are allowed to keep repeating the same thing again and again.

Nobody expects to see this happen unless there is a weapon or someone's safety is immediately at risk. How does one force a kid to comply if they don't want to?
We could take kids away from parents we deem unsuitable. Put them all into a home. Spend a bunch of money teaching them to be good little citizens. Hell, we could remove parents from the equation altogether. Raise every child in a state sponsored camp. An assembly line chucking out obedient little patriots. How's that sound?

There is no good answer for what to do about bad kids.

But in the meantime, not teaching them that disobedience will be met with overwhelming violence from law enforcement might be a good idea. How can these kids come to any conclusion other than that we live in a police state?

We could take kids away from parents we deem unsuitable. Put them all into a home. Spend a bunch of money teaching them to be good little citizens. Hell, we could remove parents from the equation altogether. Raise every child in a state sponsored camp. An assembly line chucking out obedient little patriots. How's that sound?

There is no good answer for what to do about bad kids.

But in the meantime, not teaching them that disobedience will be met with overwhelming violence from law enforcement might be a good idea. How can these kids come to any conclusion other than that we live in a police state?
http://indianapop.com/directory/hil...u---southwestern-behavioral-healthcare--inc-/
http://www.southwestern.org/child/
You are partially correct. We already have that place. It is called Hillcrest Youth Services. Kids get sent there when they have been arrested, have behavior issues, or have run out of schools that will accept them. Seems to be an effective way to remove the kids that are affecting the education of others and give them a chance to complete their education.

My son didn't recognize the kid next to him at graduation. He asked him who he was. The kid said he was at Hillcrest and picked this school to graduate from.

I wish more were referred to this type of program. The option of Hillcrest over juvenile detention might put some kids on a better path.

http://indianapop.com/directory/hil...u---southwestern-behavioral-healthcare--inc-/
http://www.southwestern.org/child/
You are partially correct. We already have that place. It is called Hillcrest Youth Services. Kids get sent there when they have been arrested, have behavior issues, or have run out of schools that will accept them. Seems to be an effective way to remove the kids that are affecting the education of others and give them a chance to complete their education.

My son didn't recognize the kid next to him at graduation. He asked him who he was. The kid said he was at Hillcrest and picked this school to graduate from.

I wish more were referred to this type of program. The option of Hillcrest over juvenile detention might put some kids on a better path.
Unfortunately, we live in a society that thinks it's more morally appropriate to spend public money locking people up than to spend it rehabilitating them. And apparently that means children, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT