ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy vs. ASU

Victorbmyboy

Hall of Famer
Nov 10, 2014
This IU team would kill both. Wow what a terrible crowd and arena. Just my 2cents.

That place is horrible. I can't imagine anyone actually going to Vandy knowing half your games will be on that floor. I think after a game there once Bobby said when they play here he was going to make their bench sit under the basket like it is there

Reactions: ufo33
That place is horrible. I can't imagine anyone actually going to Vandy knowing half your games will be on that floor. I think after a game there once Bobby said when they play here he was going to make their bench sit under the basket like it is there
Vandy's court blows.
Its like a really old middle school or high school auditorium multi pupose room gym with the court on a stage, and the opponents bench on the end line. It is an outdated relic that was never a good basketball facility for a Power 5 Conference basketball team. Dimly lit and ugly on TV. As a top recruit I would never want to play there.

Reactions: herrli
The arena is awful but the university itself and the city are very appealing. Objectively I can see the draw for some kids.

Reactions: channi
Vandy's court blows.
Its like a really old middle school or high school auditorium multi pupose room gym with the court on a stage, and the opponents bench on the end line. It is an outdated relic that was never a good basketball facility for a Power 5 Conference basketball team. Dimly lit and ugly on TV. As a top recruit I would never want to play there.
Its a like a theatre with a stage, Makes Minnesota look great. I hate dimly lit basketball and places where the stands are dark . I/we are all biased but Assembly Hall is one of the very best to watch a game on TV because of its set up and lighting

Its a like a theatre with a stage, Makes Minnesota look great. I hate dimly lit basketball and places where the stands are dark . I/we are all biased but Assembly Hall is one of the very best to watch a game on TV because of its set up and lighting

I generally agree. However...

Ever been to a lakers game? Saw them @ staples center about 12 years ago. Kobe was getting MVP chants, and went off.

That set up is just like you described. And the environment was awesome. Pure theater. Even from the nose bleeds. And I’m a die hard Celtics fan- I hate the lakers. I actually wore a Mavericks shirt to the game- just because.

It’s funny if you watch a clippers game. Same arena. Same everything. Except for the court and lighting. Much more bright for their games. And not nearly as magical.

I generally agree. However...

Ever been to a lakers game? Saw them @ staples center about 12 years ago. Kobe was getting MVP chants, and went off.

That set up is just like you described. And the environment was awesome. Pure theater. Even from the nose bleeds. And I’m a die hard Celtics fan- I hate the lakers. I actually wore a Mavericks shirt to the game- just because.

It’s funny if you watch a clippers game. Same arena. Same everything. Except for the court and lighting. Much more bright for their games. And not nearly as magical.
I love the Celtics as well . I have seen IU at assembly once and in Indy once . Maybe in person the lights low is good but I hate it on TV .

The game in Indy I cant remember if it was the last of Market square or first of Bankers Life . It was a holiday tournement , nosebleeds I had a friend finishing up at Bloomington after a few years at IUSB and he was like 28. We got tickets and were sitting by ourselves and this really cute girl asks if she can sit with us. Well yeah, then she says I'm Kyle (Hornsby)'s girlfriend. Made for an interesting game . There were practically no other people where we were and I think it was darked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT