ADVERTISEMENT

Un-Taxing Tipped wages

lol. The two of them should just volley new tax ideas that blatantly pander to the working class, up until November.

“I propose no taxes on that ice cold six pack you pick up after putting in a 12 hour shift down at the factory”

So the millionaires and billionaires have gotten their tax breaks, the middle class theirs, and now the working class is going to finally get theirs. We will soon reach a point where no one pays taxes, and we'll no longer have to argue about that shit.

So the millionaires and billionaires have gotten their tax breaks, the middle class theirs, and now the working class is going to finally get theirs. We will soon reach a point where no one pays taxes, and we'll no longer have to argue about that shit.

Nonsense. Jimmy from Firehouse Subs should be lucky he's even getting tips to tax. Just because the working class used to game the system via tax-free cash payment and now is unable to do so as effectively given the rise of card payments (and maybe bank transfer info - no idea how closely that shit is watched), doesn't mean anything has changed.

Pay your share you fvcking peasants!

Reactions: jet812
We agree. Anyone who has an income should have some skin in the game. Even me. As I've said many times before, while I'm not sure exactly what my "fair share" should be, it certainly isn't zero.

But many don't agree and love populist rhetoric. Kamala is just as guilty as Trump in terms of populist garbage.

1) There's more cash out there than you realize.
2) A lot of diners regularly leave cash tips even if they pay for their meal with a card.

I am always amazed people carry cash. But they may work in cash, a barber buddy pretty much does cash for everything. He only accepts cash, I theorize it makes it easier to hide income.

I seldom carry cash, but I believe I tip better with the card.

I am always amazed people carry cash. But they may work in cash, a barber buddy pretty much does cash for everything. He only accepts cash, I theorize it makes it easier to hide income.

Cash is key. Always carry cash, especially around women. Nothing makes a snatch dry up faster than having to run to the ATM or having her float you because you got caught flat footed.

God Marv you go to a barber who only takes cash. Come on

Has anyone seen any policy language on this idea?

I'm curious because I've got questions:

1) The tip/gig economy has gotten huge. Presumably this would significantly shrink the tax base. Maybe not a huge deal because most people working for tips probably aren't in the cohort that pays net federal taxes?
2) Is it only talking about income tax or is it FICA too? A lot of people would see their social security statement wrecked if it's the latter.
3) Would it be a new box on the W2 that is declared but exempt or would it just not be defined as income? If the latter, then, theoretically, your mom could make 6 figures at the strip club but still qualify for all the income-based welfare because it would be in tips.....glittery tips.
4) Piggybacking off of #3, if it's the new box on W2 and people actually DO declare them, it could end up being a boon for state/local income taxes because tipped wages are woefully under-reported.
5) Is the idea being taken seriously by anyone in Congress or is it just one of those election year things?
If this becomes law, young strippers might well avoid some income tax when they are young, but they might receive less social security retirement benefits when they become retired ex-strippers if their true young earnings weren't recorded.

This sounds like an issue for that guy on AM radio that preaches that 401k accounts are bad

All the best barbers only take cash.

You probably go to a "salon."
You don’t rot your insides and roll the dice on your pecker with finasteride minoxidil and all the other shit to say eh I’ll go to this guy. Whatever

images

Last edited:
Yeah, most people don't know that State Senate's used to appoint Senators.

The Senate is supposed to represent States. Part of the checks and balances. Democrats hate it. It's why they wanted direct election of senators and why they want the Senate tied to population.
Bullshit. The 17th Amendment became law in 1913.

It's silly for you to blame that on "Democrats" like you think you've just made some brilliant point proving it was the fault of Joe Biden or AOC.

Agree, I never carry cash and tip on the card now. There is no reason to carry cash. I just went to Europe and didn't get any Euros. All cards.... it's great and easy.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
All I know is plagiarism is real with the democrat party. These people are like kids added onto child support hanging off your coat tails. WTF

This Kamala bitch said she was gonna go after tips with the IRS...NOW she is stealing Trumps thunder and saying no tax on tips.

Remember Joe taking away Trumps diabetic discount meds and then reinstating it while taking credit? These people need to be taken out to a shed and whipped!
"Plagiarism", you claim. YAWN.

Do you even know what "plagiarism" means? Do you seriously think Trump owns the rights to any of his political statements?

So, you're whining like an eight grader because some of Trump's proposals that he asserted against Biden have been allegedly been adopted after she became the nominee by Harris (a completely different person) ???

Why don't you just claim Trump's ideas are allegedly so brilliant that everybody allegedly likes them? (We all know why you don't.).

Agree, I never carry cash and tip on the card now. There is no reason to carry cash. I just went to Europe and didn't get any Euros. All cards.... it's great and easy.
Accepting cash is much cheaper than the "convenience" fee that credit card companies charge to merchants.

I'm actually like you guys. I almost never have cash. Just a small number of cards. I don't even know how much money is available on them. Buying things is basically an imaginary exercise for me now.

I'm actually like you guys. I almost never have cash. Just a small number of cards. I don't even know how much money is available on them. Buying things is basically an imaginary exercise for me now.
Dave Ramsey would take you out behind the outhouse and kick your ass.

Dave Ramsey would take you out behind the outhouse and kick your ass.
there's an atm on the first floor of my office. forever i'd hit it on monday morning and pull out $500 cash for the week to have on me. i stopped. nothing i do takes cash. zoo, aquarium, mls games, festivals, on and on none of them take cash. at this point the only reason i still have some is if my daughter is doing stuff with her friends. i liked cash better

That cost is baked in anyway. Unless someone is giving me a significant discount, it's not worth entertaining.
Don't know what you mean by "entertaining" so let me ask this.

What do you normally do when a restaurant receipt gives you the option of paying less if you pay cash?

Not all businesses give you an choice (increasingly construction businesses).

there's an atm on the first floor of my office. forever i'd hit it on monday morning and pull out $500 cash for the week to have on me. i stopped. nothing i do takes cash. zoo, aquarium, mls games, festivals, on and on none of them take cash. at this point the only reason i still have some is if my daughter is doing stuff with her friends. i liked cash better
Everything is 5% higher because of direct deposit….damn I miss cashing that paycheck at the bar on Friday after work

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Everything is 5% higher because of direct deposit….damn I miss cashing that paycheck at the bar on Friday after work
ha what a world. my pop still talks about cashing checks at bars. off work at 3. bed of the truck full of empties. cash their checks at the bar. i've written this before but alcohol used to be compensable under social security. drunks were unemployed. cash their check at tavern and pull up a stool. cops didn't write many dwis then eithre. didn't want to f with the paperwork. and if they did they'd leave em in the muni and just charge a fine

Reactions: Spartans9312
ha what a world. my pop still talks about cashing checks at bars. off work at 3. bed of the truck full of empties. cash their checks at the bar. i've written this before but alcohol used to be compensable under social security. drunks were unemployed. cash their check at tavern and pull up a stool. cops didn't write many dwis then eithre. didn't want to f with the paperwork. and if they did they'd leave em in the muni and just charge a fine
My grandfather owned a bar on the bad side of town. But….that part of town had a glass factory, sawmill, and small steel operation. The amount of cash he had on hand on Friday was out of bounds. He cashed damn near all their checks. They would bust their ass to get to the bar before he ran out of frozen schooners.

Different times….

I miss going to the bank every Saturday morning to deposit my check and flirting with the tellers and the branch manager. Getting to know them paid off a time or two when I needed to do some business that was a little bit out of the ordinary.

What do you do when you need to get laid?

Accepting cash is much cheaper than the "convenience" fee that credit card companies charge to merchants.

Savvy merchants include fees to credit card companies in the cost of the meal so cash buyers help cover those fees.

Knowing this do some cash buyers lower their tips to servers ? Hope not.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT